Official "Castle" thread! Spoilers welcomed!

As I'm sure some of you know, the April 1st episode will be Castle's 100th episode. It is based a bit on Rear Window. So if you want to see the source, the Christopher Reeve version of Rear Window is on today at 4:15 PM EST on an Encore channel (here in NY, it's channel 352). It's also on tomorrow at 8:30 AM. Interestingly, Ruben Santiago-Hudson, who played Roy Montgomery, is in the cast of that version!

Also, on April 1st, Stana Katic (Beckett) will be on Live with Kelly & Michael.

So, anyone want to guess who Jordan is (or more likely, given that this is Castle ... was?)

I'm going to guess childhood friend .. or maybe ... a step-sibling (it has been mentioned previously that Martha got married more than once, so it stands to reason that Caslte might have had at least one step-sibling for awhile. (Of course, a REAL surprise would be a lost child, but I don't think he would have been able to hide that effectively, given how he is about Alexis.)

I'm guessing Jordan is someone who's helping Castle plan a vacation. According to the spoilers I've read for episode 100, they were supposed to go to Bora Bora for his birthday but he hurt himself when they were skiing.

And don't forget we'll know by the end of tonight's episode if the Ryans are having a baby. And of course, the promo will be for the 100th episode.

That was a great episode! and boy was I wrong about Jordan, but I was happy to hear the story anyway. Loved the scene when Javi, Beckett & even Castle come to help Kevin. And the last scene was so sweet.

That was excellent, and might even be Emmy material for someone depending on how the competition shakes out. I've always thought that Dever has some of the best real acting chops in this cast, and I think this episode bears that out.

I nearly fell out of my chair laughing when Ryan called Castle out as part of his "crew" and Castle just kind of went "uh, me?" I guess Kate didn't loan him her extra piece this time!* However, it was a VERY flattering gesture on Ryan's part.

I liked the Jordan story, and though I also guessed it was about a person, I *did* at least get it right that it had to do with an unsettling dream about a childhood incident. What's that worth, a quarter of a point? ;) I chuckled at Kate saying she would just ask him in his sleep; that actually does work on some people.

(*Speaking of Kate's personal gun, I had wondered why she loaned it to Castle last time (in Scared to Death), and then I realized -- the Castle Doctrine, of course! In NJ would have been a defensible shooting if Castle used it to defend the homeowner's life against an intruder while they were both inside the residence. It was a special circumstance. Of course, I also wonder now whether Marlowe did that on purpose or if it was just dumb luck that it was written that way. :scratchin )

Oh, and one last funny item from our house: we own Mr. Whiskers! He is the oddest-looking white-rat hand puppet -- one of my sisters gave him to my DD as kind of a joke, but DD thinks he's adorable. He's named Silky Rat in our house, btw.

Castle: The Detective Card Game is coming. It was previewed at the Gama Trade Show last week (gaming trade show, not open to the public). You can see it briefly in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjMyW6a-yrw&list=UUiwBbXQlljGjKtKhcdMliRA&index=4

Go to about 4:27 and you can get a brief glimpse. Very few public details are available, but you can read a bit more about it on the publisher's website. http://www.cryptozoic.com/games/castle-detective-card-game

It says it has a release date of Feb. 2013, but obviously not as it's not out yet. Only one gaming site has it for preorder (https://www.funagain.com/control/product?product_id=026827 ) and they don't list a date when it'll be available. But I'd guess soon.

I caught something on the second viewing of Wild Rover that I missed the first time, and I cannot BELIEVE that I missed it: Castle referring to the murder victim as a "Master Baker". :rotfl2:

Watch for it in context (it comes in not long after the first scene of the Ryans at home) and you will be ROFL laughing at the pun. (Even Nathan Fillion tweeted that it got past him initially, because Marlowe set it up in the editing phase -- he had no idea what they were going to do with that line when he read it.)

I caught something on the second viewing of Wild Rover that I missed the first time, and I cannot BELIEVE that I missed it: Castle referring to the murder victim as a "Master Baker". :rotfl2:

Watch for it in context (it comes in not long after the first scene of the Ryans at home) and you will be ROFL laughing at the pun. (Even Nathan Fillion tweeted that it got past him initially, because Marlowe set it up in the editing phase -- he had no idea what they were going to do with that line when he read it.)

I did catch the clever editing used to get Ryan's doctor visit and the "Master Baker" line within seconds of each other. :eek: then ;)

Such an awesome episode. It was so intense too! I was so nervous for Ryan the whole time, but I love Ryan episodes.

I'm super excited for the 100th episode, especially since they said that it was like earlier Castle episodes. I've found myself missing those a bit as of late.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter