Official Car rental September 2013...advice please

Hey Sarah,

I know what you mean about the old codes being expired. When I went to do research on the codes myself, I came across some threads mentioning them. I do not know that you have to be a subscriber to use it, but I have one, so I'm not sweating it ;)

I will PM you the code and point you in the direction on how to get the info on where I got them from :D

Hey Sarah,

I know what you mean about the old codes being expired. When I went to do research on the codes myself, I came across some threads mentioning them. I do not know that you have to be a subscriber to use it, but I have one, so I'm not sweating it ;)

I will PM you the code and point you in the direction on how to get the info on where I got them from :D

Thanks again! I actually found an blog post about the car seats being included with the car & driver code. Now, it's do I risk it and have an easier traveling experience or be safe and bring them!

Again, I don't know how hard a travel experience it will be as I'm sans bambinos, but I *did* read complaints (general, not directed at National or any other car rental place per say) about the condition the car seats would be in. Dirty or showing their obvious multi child for X years condition. Some parents said they would rather bring the seats than deal with the condition of the rental ones.

Hopefully this code works for you! I was stoked when I found it- I have a subscription (yes, *me* not DH) to C&D so this works nicely :D:thumbsup2

We are renting a car from 9/27 thru 10/18. Picking it up at Shades of Green and returning to MCO. Getting it thru Alamo using BJs and the total cost for midsize is $570. My sister will meet us at MCO and we will borrow her car for the remainder of our stay.

Thanks again! I actually found an blog post about the car seats being included with the car & driver code. Now, it's do I risk it and have an easier traveling experience or be safe and bring them!

We didn't have any WDW trips with anyone under 3 years, and I didn't have 2 car seats at a time, but...
with needing only 1 car seat, we found it best to take them with us. Actually, I'm pretty sure we used them on the plane when boys were youngest. Don't know if that's an option now or not. But, it was more comfortable to have the seat that they, and we, knew we were comfortable with.

nuzmom said:
We didn't have any WDW trips with anyone under 3 years, and I didn't have 2 car seats at a time, but...
with needing only 1 car seat, we found it best to take them with us. Actually, I'm pretty sure we used them on the plane when boys were youngest. Don't know if that's an option now or not. But, it was more comfortable to have the seat that they, and we, knew we were comfortable with.

Yes you can bring a car seat on the plane of its rated to be allowed on planes.

Yes, you can still bring car seats on planes. They are also free to check. I have a 2 & 4 year old and sometimes it is difficult to manage luggage, carseats, kids, diaper bags, into the airport and out to the rental. That's why I was interested, I am hoping with Babies R Us now renting seats in some airports that are sanitized and such that maybe they are offering the rental car companies some incentives to keep the seat standards up. Currently the C&D rate is more than the KLM code for my dates, but if it becomes comparable I will consider it....

Hi! I am pretty happy with the rates I am getting so far for my Sept dates thru National. I have never used them before so I'm wondering, do they place a deposit hold on your credit card when you pick up the car? Or are you just charged what you were quoted like when I use Alamo? When I used Hertz several years ago they wanted to charge me a deposit of around $200+/-. It was a long time ago so I can't remember exactly why.
Thanks for your help!!

Yes you can bring a car seat on the plane of its rated to be allowed on planes.

Our son had a car seat DESTROYED on a SW flight in February. I don't know how they did it. It took long arguments to get it replaced and get a loaner. They finally relented. It was gate checked.

BeerMe said:
Our son had a car seat DESTROYED on a SW flight in February. I don't know how they did it. It took long arguments to get it replaced and get a loaner. They finally relented. It was gate checked.

Lots of people bring it on the plane for just that reason. I've luggage checked it before and didn't have any problems, but it is a risk.

Hi! I am pretty happy with the rates I am getting so far for my Sept dates thru National. I have never used them before so I'm wondering, do they place a deposit hold on your credit card when you pick up the car? Or are you just charged what you were quoted like when I use Alamo? When I used Hertz several years ago they wanted to charge me a deposit of around $200+/-. It was a long time ago so I can't remember exactly why.
Thanks for your help!!

I've never looked at my credit card statement while on vacation, but I'm not remembering ever being charged for the car until we brought it back, and even then I don't know that the charge popped up that day or not. Never really needed to (thank God) watch the statements that closely while on a trip- at least not for the car rental charge.

We did, well DH did, once leave his Discover in the binder and the AMC fork & screen theater, so we watched THAT account like a hawk for the next couple of months, but that wasn't the card we charged the rental to.

I digress though, lol. I don't think they charge deposits anymore, but I think I remember reading it was possible if you used a debit card to secure a rental instead of a CC.

Just got a good deal from Alamo. We are doing a 2 week split stay the last 2 weeks in Sept. First week off-property and the second week on property. I usually rent from Alamo so had been concentrating on them. I had been looking at rates for the first week figuring we would go sans car the second week. The cheapest rate I had seen so far was about $360 plus taxes and fees for the week, both picking up and dropping off at MCO. Yesterday, after checking prices I decided to check the rates for picking up at MCO and dropping off at the CCC and got a quote of $182 that INCLUDED taxes and fees, so basically total cost that was half of the MCO/MCO price. I used no special codes, I am an Insider so I just used the best deal retriever thing Alamo has on their website and got a 10% discount and an upgrade from intermediate to standard. I know to keep checking prices right up until the time I board the plane and I will, but this price is only a couple of $s more than the best deal I found last year.

For our September trip, I reserved a Full-Size car for 7 days, unlimited mileage, with Avis for total $182.92 (fees & taxes included). I am still hoping that it gets cheaper the closer we get to the end of September. But thought it was a pretty good rate, especially for this far in advance. Does this rate seem about right? I used my Choice Priviliges Number for the discounted rate ($188) and then they also had a $30 off paperless coupon for the week rental. It was cheaper to rent for a week than for the 5 days we actually need. We decided to rent rather than drive our own vehicle and put so many miles on it, but really don't want to spend a fortune to avoid mileage. I also have a coupon through that I must present at time of pick-up for a free upgrade. Does Avis usually honor both the $30 off coupon and the free upgrade coupon? Or is it one or the other? Also, what does full-size upgrade to? Premium? But does that change you to limited mileage (which will not work for us! 600 miles each way) I tried to call my Avis office, but all they will say is upgrades depend on availability. I understand that but was just wondering about past experiences.

I'm having trouble finding a good rate for a monthly rental 9/27 - 10/25. Any ideas?

Looking for a good deal for September into October. We usually go with Alamo, but right now they are at $706 with insider code for 14 days. Was hoping to get it for 1/2 that. Have to keep eyes open for some good deals.

Does anyone know how hotwire works? Our dates are sept. 18 - 25th and I searched on hotwire's website and found some standard and fullszie cars for around $191 -$198 (incl. taxes and fees) but it doesn't say what company exactly. it just says guaranteed on airport site company and lists some of the companies on the right side. I would rather know what company it's through......but that is a great price! I'm getting $500 and up on all other sites

Does anyone know how hotwire works? Our dates are sept. 18 - 25th and I searched on hotwire's website and found some standard and fullszie cars for around $191 -$198 (incl. taxes and fees) but it doesn't say what company exactly. it just says guaranteed on airport site company and lists some of the companies on the right side. I would rather know what company it's through......but that is a great price! I'm getting $500 and up on all other sites

I've used Hotwire a few times, you pre pay and can not cancel. In the three times I used it Alamo was the chosen provider, we had no issues with the transaction whatsoever....

Has anyone used undercover tourist for alamo car rental? They have discounts show up after putting any ticket into the cart. I put a $20 gatorland ticket in and their alamo price was about $200 less than what I was getting as an alamo insider. Anyone have experience with renting through them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter