Official Car rental September 2013...advice please

we are also going in sept (18-24) i've been looking at prices just to get an idea for a budget. I agree that waiting till july or august will probably get better prices.
Can't wait for our trip and love looking at these boards!!

I found another code on another thread for National, XZ53043. My 7 day rental is now $180 for a midsize.

What special is this code XZ53043 for? Do you need to enter anything else? Where does it go in the reservations section?

Ok, I went back and compared the 2 quotes, the KLM code and Compass Group. The KLM code includes all the suplemental fees, surcharges, etc., So the price I saw when choosing a car, was pretty much the price I got. With the second code, although the initial price seemed cheaper, once I clicked select and read the quote and total, it was $100+ more!

Ok, I went back and compared the 2 quotes, the KLM code and Compass Group. The KLM code includes all the suplemental fees, surcharges, etc., So the price I saw when choosing a car, was pretty much the price I got. With the second code, although the initial price seemed cheaper, once I clicked select and read the quote and total, it was $100+ more!

Interesting.

I am using $200 of national car certificates I bought with airmiles with the compass group code, so my overall price is $65 for a mid size and $125 for a standard SUV.

When I use the airmailes certificates with the KLM code the cost goes up making the certificates useless:confused3. I ordered the airmiles certificates for last October but never found a decent rate to use them.

What special is this code XZ53043 for? Do you need to enter anything else? Where does it go in the reservations section?

It goes in the contract Id box. It is a legit code and no you don't need to enter anything else. You can try coupon codes if you have them.

Hey, joining the thread. Looking to rent for 15 days in September, hoping it doesn't cost a small fortune.

No you don't. I did sign up for their free Flying Blue frequent flyer card.

Are you a National member? If not you should join. Mousesavers has a link for a free membership. If you are a national member you collect your bags and head straight to the garage and choose your car from the aisle, (if you rented a mid size you choose from the Emerald aisle we usually end up with a SUV or a minivan), and drive to the exit kiosk. They check your info and send you on your way. We have never been asked to give membership cards or coupons, I always have them though just in case. I love renting with National they are so easy and we have always paid the price quoted on our reservation.

You don't need to go to mousesavers.com to sign up for the Emerald Club. Just go to national.com and click on Emerald Club and sign up. It is free for everyone. You were lucky that there was a SUV or Minivan on the Emerald Aisle, that does not always happen. Depends on the time of year, day, week, month. You are guaranteed a midsize car with Emerald Aisle. If you need something larger and don't want to gamble, then you make what they call an Emerald Reserve reservation. You then collect your bags, and go to the garage, then to the row that contains the class of car you have reserved, proceed to the exit booth, show them your license and you are off.

You don't need to go to mousesavers.com to sign up for the Emerald Club. Just go to national.com and click on Emerald Club and sign up. It is free for everyone. You were lucky that there was a SUV or Minivan on the Emerald Aisle, that does not always happen. Depends on the time of year, day, week, month. You are guaranteed a midsize car with Emerald Aisle. If you need something larger and don't want to gamble, then you make what they call an Emerald Reserve reservation. You then collect your bags, and go to the garage, then to the row that contains the class of car you have reserved, proceed to the exit booth, show them your license and you are off.

I signed up a number of years ago now and at the time the membership was $50 and free with mousesavers, good to know it has changed.

Yes we have been very lucky to get a larger vehicle on the emerald aisle. We really only need a mid size and would be happy with it, but have been lucky to get a larger vehicle every time. We usually travel at quieter times of the year so that might help. I agree whole heartedly that if you need a mini van book a mini van, don't bank on getting one on the emerald aisle.

I too will be going to DW in Sept. Thought I would add a few tips.

First, the entertainment book has many different coupon codes for many different rental companies. Because 2013 is halfway through, you can get the book on sale. I purchased mine from Walgreens for $13.00!

Beware of the coupon codes you are using for your discounts. Some of the rental companies will ask you for the coupon itself for verification.

I did see bad reviews for Sixt. Most of them complained that the prices that Sixt qouted are not what you end up paying when you go to book you car. Comments suggested that you end up paying much more!

Anyone have experience with E-Z rental at the airport? I have a minivan booked for $280 with them.

It is an 8 day rental. Anything over 2 hours gets charged an extra day.

I know that actually. My rental is actually treated as a 9 day rental. What I meant was the difference in price between the 2 codes was quite large. My aeroplan credit card is supposed to save me 35% but the prices are the same as I see on their webistes. The 35% savings is a hoax in my opinion.

I went in and decided to reserve with the KLM code 8572130 and also joined the Emerald Club. My rates are suddenly showing now at $500 plus dollars? What happened? Have the prices gone up? I should have booked when I was getting the price around $300.

I guess there is nothing that I could think of that is already on this board. Anyway, I am going to be arriving on Sept 9 till the 15th. Not just doing Disney and with a DH with cancer that makes him have less energy thought a rental car would be a good idea so that he can come and go as he pleases. My questions are: if you rent at the airport say at 1pm on day of arrival but won't return it to say 3 pm on the day you leave do they charge you for another day or just expect this happens? I am staying at the SOG and wondering if renting from Alamo from the hotel if you get a better rate?

Just wanted to update on the rentals I've managed to find, these were the cheapest so far (even using thrifty and costco travel) and are for National:

Pick up on the EA at MCO 9/20 and drop off 9/21 at Cape Canaveral: $47.82 using contract code XZ53043 with no one way drop fee. P/U and D/O time was 0900. (Going on a 7 day on the Fantasy, spending the night at BLT)

Pick up a Premium at Cape Canaveral 9/28 0900 and drop off MCO 9/29 1700 (Coming back from the 7 day on the Fantasy with one night over at AKV): $90.59 using contract code XZ53043. Drops to $45.29 if I'm willing to drop off at CC Center or Dolphin that morning at 0900. Not flying out until late, like 6-7pm so dropping at MCO involves an extra day charge that dropping on property would not because we can take the ME back to the airport.

For the above two I played around using SWA code, the Emerald Club code, the KLM code, the above code, and one more. I believe the SWA code stipulates same drop off/pick up location, so it incorporated a $250 drop off fee. KLM I believe was about $10ish dollars more- but it's handy if you need underage/insurance I'm thinking. The EC contract code was the most expensive outside of the SWA code.

Either way, the above or the KLM code will be cheaper than DCL transportation, (and even private transfers since there are only two of us), and we should still get to the National office in plenty of time to shuttle back to port and try our hand at an upgrade.

Lastly, for those going to the 13 Reflections of Evil Pin/Vinyl event, picking up 0900 9/12 on the EA at MCO and dropping off at the Dolphin at 0900 on 9/15 $136.43. (We are staying at the BCV so this was SUPER convienant- just walk back and forth to the Dolphin) This was also using contract code XZ53043.
Comparatively, the cheapest rate I could get through thrifty (involving MCO R/T) was about $80- $100 more. Even if the rate doesn't drop, I'm okay with this one. I figure it will drop though if National releases another free weekend day or $X off weekend day code as it involves a Saturday overnight.

Hope this helps at least one other person!!

Just wanted to update on the rentals I've managed to find, these were the cheapest so far (even using thrifty and costco travel) and are for National:

Pick up on the EA at MCO 9/20 and drop off 9/21 at Cape Canaveral: $47.82 using contract code XZ53043 with no one way drop fee. P/U and D/O time was 0900. (Going on a 7 day on the Fantasy, spending the night at BLT)

Pick up a Premium at Cape Canaveral 9/28 0900 and drop off MCO 9/29 1700 (Coming back from the 7 day on the Fantasy with one night over at AKV): $90.59 using contract code XZ53043. Drops to $45.29 if I'm willing to drop off at CC Center or Dolphin that morning at 0900. Not flying out until late, like 6-7pm so dropping at MCO involves an extra day charge that dropping on property would not because we can take the ME back to the airport.

For the above two I played around using SWA code, the Emerald Club code, the KLM code, the above code, and one more. I believe the SWA code stipulates same drop off/pick up location, so it incorporated a $250 drop off fee. KLM I believe was about $10ish dollars more- but it's handy if you need underage/insurance I'm thinking. The EC contract code was the most expensive outside of the SWA code.

Either way, the above or the KLM code will be cheaper than DCL transportation, (and even private transfers since there are only two of us), and we should still get to the National office in plenty of time to shuttle back to port and try our hand at an upgrade.

Lastly, for those going to the 13 Reflections of Evil Pin/Vinyl event, picking up 0900 9/12 on the EA at MCO and dropping off at the Dolphin at 0900 on 9/15 $136.43. (We are staying at the BCV so this was SUPER convienant- just walk back and forth to the Dolphin) This was also using contract code XZ53043.
Comparatively, the cheapest rate I could get through thrifty (involving MCO R/T) was about $80- $100 more. Even if the rate doesn't drop, I'm okay with this one. I figure it will drop though if National releases another free weekend day or $X off weekend day code as it involves a Saturday overnight.

Hope this helps at least one other person!!

Thank you!! I just booked 9/21 11:00am p/u at MCO, drop off at port 9/22 with code XZ53043 and upgrade code from BJ's for around $46. Then p/u at port 9/26 drop off at MCO 7:30pm 9/28 with same codes for $119.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter