Official California Grill Open ADR Watch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trust me I agree it would be kinda absurd if prices are that high I think I may rather go to Bluezoo even...

3 dining credits just to keep out the "poorly dressed & loud" ? Smacks of discrimination to me. :confused3 Institute a dress code, if you must. Still no guarantee.

I just heard a rumor that they are going to be charging 3!!! Dining Plan credits to reduce loud and poorly dressed DDP guests....

Is it worth it?
Would you still go??

I personally would not argue if it actually kept food quality up and a more refined atmosphere :thumbsup2

How will this solve the issue of "loud and poorly dressed people" with cash!? :-)

:blush: I would pay more if it would become adult only after 7 p.m.....just sayin'...

Thanks for everyone trying first thing & letting us know ... :worship:

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to if they will open up ADRs tomorrow, being August 1st and all?

I know there's not much logic there but, figured 8/1 is as good of a day as any? ... :confused3

:blush: I would pay more if it would become adult only after 7 p.m.....just sayin'...

well, that would annoy a lot of people that like to watch the fireworks from there (including myself)

I have noticed in the past that after the fireworks are over the families clear out and it becomes mostly adults only. Obviously that is a little late but if you want a quieter meal there go later

I think a compromise could be making the wine room or other private area (depending on the new layout) adult only for people who want that

As attractive as an Adults Only time at Cali Grill sounds, when my husband and I went on our Honeymoon, we actually didn't have any problems that I can remember at all with children. The thing that really bothered us was how during Wishes, even though they piped in the music and dimmed the lights and everything, it was hard to hear it over everyone in the restaurant continuing to talk at full volume. Rather than Adults Only from 7 pm on, I just wish they'd try to encourage less noise during the fireworks show.

How will this solve the issue of "loud and poorly dressed people" with cash!? :-)

I have seen some loud and very nicely dressed guests - what do we do about them? Or are they suggesting that only poorly dressed people are loud? ;) I really think this is a joke that someone took seriously.

As attractive as an Adults Only time at Cali Grill sounds, when my husband and I went on our Honeymoon, we actually didn't have any problems that I can remember at all with children. The thing that really bothered us was how during Wishes, even though they piped in the music and dimmed the lights and everything, it was hard to hear it over everyone in the restaurant continuing to talk at full volume. Rather than Adults Only from 7 pm on, I just wish they'd try to encourage less noise during the fireworks show.

It's the same way over at the Poly beach during Wishes. People go there for the show but then just continue their conversations on everything but Disney. Gotta find a new spot !;)

If this isn't a joke that someone took seriously why not just enforce the dress code already in place rather than raise it to 3 credits. I think it's a really bad idea to raise it personally. I don't have children and I eat here every time I go and let's not forget where you are - you are in Disney World children go hand in hand with Disney. I have never witnessed unruly children at CG I have witnessed well-dressed unruly adults paying with cash and DP credits.

Now back to the topic of this thread -- I was told to keep watching the Disney Park Blog and Disney Food Blog for the announcement on when CG will open

It would be a meaningless restriction. We usually have a 5:30-6pm ressie and are there until 8ish. By 7 seating is often running 15-20 minutes behind, and then you figure in 2 hours or so for dinner. You'd have children there until 9:30-10pm... around the same after-Wishes time of night they tend to disappear anyway.

Thanks for everyone trying first thing & letting us know ... :worship:

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to if they will open up ADRs tomorrow, being August 1st and all?

I know there's not much logic there but, figured 8/1 is as good of a day as any? ... :confused3

You could be right. At least it make sense to me..I will be checking tomorrow morning before I go to work. So again I will post with the results. But I really hope you are right with the Aug. 1st booking.:rolleyes:

Evwn though I still give it a try every morning (unsuccessfully, so far, LOL), I am expecting to see an announcement over on the Disney Parks Blog when ADRs are released. Hope they give us at least a day or so notice.

Good luck to all who want an ADR!

Evwn though I still give it a try every morning (unsuccessfully, so far, LOL), I am expecting to see an announcement over on the Disney Parks Blog when ADRs are released. Hope they give us at least a day or so notice.

Good luck to all who want an ADR!

If you do see that on the blog would you please post it here.:worship:

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter