• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official California Grill Open ADR Watch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why news is so silent on this.

For people who remember similar refurbs, is this common? :confused3

Spoke with DVC member services this AM. She said that they are not taking reservations because the refurbishment changed the number of tables in restaurant and they don't know the final number yet. I was booking a trip for January, asked about CG for our October trip.

I'm glad my stay falls on the day ADRs are being taken. I booked that sucker immediately! I would be going nuts if I was still waiting this late to see what my date night plans "may" be if I had kept scheduled the night we wanted later in our trip in November. Now, I'm just keeping an eye out to help a friend who is going in October.

I'm glad my stay falls on the day ADRs are being taken. I booked that sucker immediately! I would be going nuts if I was still waiting this late to see what my date night plans "may" be if I had kept scheduled the night we wanted later in our trip in November. Now, I'm just keeping an eye out to help a friend who is going in October.

Are you saying that you were able to make a ressie for Cali?

I called and was told that they were taking NO reservations for ANY dates [even in December] Anyone else having luck?

Wow, that is crazy! Maybe call back and see what another CM says. I just checked MDE and I still have that ADR in my profile, so it's there.

I called yesterday to book for October and the CM told me they can't make ADRs until the restaurant confirms an opening date, which they haven't yet.

If you read the replies to the food blog I posted, I just saw Nov. 18 seemed to be a glitch, and I just happened to get in. I will be calling regardless when it opens back up, just to make sure it stays. But I would THINK to avoid a total nightmare on Nov. 18, that Disney would just be sure the current ADRs for that day stay in their system.

This definitely falls under the FWIW category:

I called this afternoon to talk resort issues for extended family and inquired about CG while I was already on. After being transferred to reservations, lady told me they will reopen Aug 24 soft and officially Sep 1. She had no idea when the reservations would open.

Tried online this morning for Oct. 11 and still nothing...

This definitely falls under the FWIW category:

I called this afternoon to talk resort issues for extended family and inquired about CG while I was already on. After being transferred to reservations, lady told me they will reopen Aug 24 soft and officially Sep 1. She had no idea when the reservations would open.

Well at least that correlates to the info that we've all seen online that says the refurb goes until 8/31. I'm wondering if they'll start taking ADRs after the soft opening....

If CG reopens soft from Aug 24-31 would they put ADRs in the reservation system or would it be just walkups???

Spoke to someone this morning on the reservations hotline, she was able to see times for January but then said she couldn't book anything because they haven't released an opening date.

We'll be at Disney World from the 23 - 27. If they have a soft opening during that time period, I'll be there every night!

Following this post-- heading back in late January and can't wait to see the new version of our favorite WDW resto!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter