Official California Grill Open ADR Watch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I wait for a window table to open up if I want to watch wishes or is it open enough to see from any table?

well, based on how it was before, I'd say you have to be rather close to the windows to see all/most of Wishes - you'd see some from other parts but not really

BUT there are two observation decks off the restaurant that everyone can utilize and that is where you can get a great view. But if you want to watch from inside you probably do need a window seat or close to it

well, based on how it was before, I'd say you have to be rather close to the windows to see all/most of Wishes - you'd see some from other parts but not really

BUT there are two observation decks off the restaurant that everyone can utilize and that is where you can get a great view. But if you want to watch from inside you probably do need a window seat or close to it

Thanks, this will be our first time, if they ever open it up, hate to go through all this stalking to end up with a bad table

Thanks, this will be our first time, if they ever open it up, hate to go through all this stalking to end up with a bad table

to be honest we have never watched from the table - we always go out to one of the observation decks. Going out there (often with a drink) and listening to the music and watching the fireworks is one of our favorite things to do at Disney World. We also really like watching them from the Poly beach

It would be just my luck that with the leak of possible new room only discounts to open up Monday for Visa card holders they will also open reservations for California Grill. :rotfl:

I can just see it now,what to book first! Discount or CG, discount or CG, discount or CG!

The Mouse is so devilish!

The soft opening would mean just walk-ups right? My trip is 9/19 to 9/29, is it worth continuing to check for reservations or should I just resign myself now to my only chance being a possible walk-up?

It would be just my luck that with the leak of possible new room only discounts to open up Monday for Visa card holders they will also open reservations for California Grill. :rotfl:

I can just see it now,what to book first! Discount or CG, discount or CG, discount or CG!

The Mouse is so devilish!

If that happens, do the ADR online, while you're on the phone to get the discount ... multi-tasking at its best! :thumbsup2

Just out of curiosity, when making an ADR, my mom and me don't like to eat late, which would mean, not being able to 'see' wishes from the restaurant. If we had an earlier dinner (5:30 or 6:00), could we wait on the observation deck once our dinner was over to see Wishes? Assuming that dinner would take around 1 1/2 hrs.

Thanks!!

Just out of curiosity, when making an ADR, my mom and me don't like to eat late, which would mean, not being able to 'see' wishes from the restaurant. If we had an earlier dinner (5:30 or 6:00), could we wait on the observation deck once our dinner was over to see Wishes? Assuming that dinner would take around 1 1/2 hrs.

Thanks!!

Three years ago, we had an earlier ADR and was told we were more than welcome to come back later to view Wishes on the observation deck. We had plans that night and did not go back, but it was nice to know it was available.

Three years ago, we had an earlier ADR and was told we were more than welcome to come back later to view Wishes on the observation deck. We had plans that night and did not go back, but it was nice to know it was available.

Yes this is standard practice, and also why the bar fills up for wishes and you can't get a seat without having had a reservation earlier ;)

If you do want to stay in the restaurant after dinner, instead of sitting out on the observation deck, I would recommend going to the bar and having a leisurely after dinner drink, or maybe doing a monorail bar crawl and ending up back at the contemporary for wishes? Better yet stay at the contemporary that night, go back to your room and relax and then go up for Wishes :woohoo:

Whatever you do, you don't have to stay there unless you want to, you will be allowed back up for wishes if you had a reservation. pixiedust:

Tried again this morning. Still nothing. So still waiting.

Thanks!!

assuming the policy doesn't change, as long as you had a meal there at some point in the day you are allowed to come back later to watch wishes from the observation deck. So you could eat early and leave and come back or eat and then hang at the bar until wishes starts

Yes this is standard practice, and also why the bar fills up for wishes and you can't get a seat without having had a reservation earlier ;)

If you do want to stay in the restaurant after dinner, instead of sitting out on the observation deck, I would recommend going to the bar and having a leisurely after dinner drink, or maybe doing a monorail bar crawl and ending up back at the contemporary for wishes? Better yet stay at the contemporary that night, go back to your room and relax and then go up for Wishes :woohoo:

Whatever you do, you don't have to stay there unless you want to, you will be allowed back up for wishes if you had a reservation. pixiedust:

Thank you both for this info!! Nice to know we can leave and then come back. Not into eating late, so will be nice to either hit the other monorail resorts, OR just hit up the bar until Wishes starts.:goodvibes

assuming the policy doesn't change, as long as you had a meal there at some point in the day you are allowed to come back later to watch wishes from the observation deck. So you could eat early and leave and come back or eat and then hang at the bar until wishes starts

Thanks as well:) Glad to know we can do this, as it has been past practise. Looking forward to seeing the knew place, and if any menu changes have happened:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter