Official California Grill Open ADR Watch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL we have the same backup booked!!:rotfl2:

Oh, and I really hope they don't do the walk up either, if they decided to change things so that you HAVE to make dinning reservations 180 days ahead of time (which btw I HATE, I much preferred the whole loose, spontaneous trips of my youth) the very least they could do it give people notice in time to book ahead.

:offtopic: On a completely different note, is anyone else dreading the FP+ thing? I mean, this is bad enough, planning out where you're gonna eat/go half a year before you set foot in the park, but what park and at what time you are gonna ride which ride? I mean, I am a Program Manager at a VERY large Tech Company, I plan software/program releases for a living, so I can plan down to the slightest detail with a ton of complexity at a professional level, but I do NOT want to do it on vacation.:offtopic:

Assuming that California Grill does open on time/ADRs open up I think all of a sudden there will be a lot of openings at Artist Point/Flying Fist/other alternatives that people booked and will then cancel :lmao:

Regarding FP+ I am trying to stay optimistic. I think if it is limited to 3 a day this does let you book your "must dos" and I like that they are adding parades and fireworks and stuff as options. I do hope that they keep regular FP working along side it though so that the FP+ is really just that, to ensure you get your must dos while trying to lessen the "running of the bulls" to TSM every morning

I do think the roll-out seems like a disaster so far though - I have a trip in October and it isn't clear if FP+ will be in effect by then or not ... I can adapt to any strategy, but not knowing what strategy to have to have is annoying :rotfl:

Assuming that California Grill does open on time/ADRs open up I think all of a sudden there will be a lot of openings at Artist Point/Flying Fist/other alternatives that people booked and will then cancel :lmao:

Regarding FP+ I am trying to stay optimistic. I think if it is limited to 3 a day this does let you book your "must dos" and I like that they are adding parades and fireworks and stuff as options. I do hope that they keep regular FP working along side it though so that the FP+ is really just that, to ensure you get your must dos while trying to lessen the "running of the bulls" to TSM every morning

I do think the roll-out seems like a disaster so far though - I have a trip in October and it isn't clear if FP+ will be in effect by then or not ... I can adapt to any strategy, but not knowing what strategy to have to have is annoying :rotfl:

Well, and I think I heard that you can book at 60 days, so you have awhile before you need to schedule for October at least, right? :goodvibes What I don't like is that you have to have tickets added to your account first before you can schedule them. I don't need to for dining reservations, so I wish I didn't need to buy them that far in advance just to reserve a 3 minute ride. :confused:

Well, and I think I heard that you can book at 60 days, so you have awhile before you need to schedule for October at least, right? :goodvibes What I don't like is that you have to have tickets added to your account first before you can schedule them. I don't need to for dining reservations, so I wish I didn't need to buy them that far in advance just to reserve a 3 minute ride. :confused:

60 days? We have a reservation starting on Sept 20, that's less than 60 days away. Am I supposed to be making FP+ ressies right now???

60 days? We have a reservation starting on Sept 20, that's less than 60 days away. Am I supposed to be making FP+ ressies right now???

No, they have not opened the program to the general public yet (and may not by your trip, they have not said when it is fully launching). Once they do and if it does encompass your dates, you will want to make them then.

Well, I hope not (though we would then try to be a walk up ... but as a group of 10, would be a challenge)

Worse case scenario we have our back-up booked (Artist Point) but would really like to eat here!

Yeah I hope not either.... We have Citricos booked as a back up but I'd much prefer CG. We're only a party of 2 so I'm sure getting wont be a problem ... But it's not like I can cancel Citricos in the hopes of getting walk-up at CG... There's no way to know in advance if we'll get in or not and I don't want to pay a no-show fee at Citricos....you know?? I feel like I'm way more frustrated about this than I should be!

Yeah I hope not either.... We have Citricos booked as a back up but I'd much prefer CG. We're only a party of 2 so I'm sure getting wont be a problem ... But it's not like I can cancel Citricos in the hopes of getting walk-up at CG... There's no way to know in advance if we'll get in or not and I don't want to pay a no-show fee at Citricos....you know?? I feel like I'm way more frustrated about this than I should be!

I totally agree, if it's walk up I will likely change my reservation to the Wave, which is a great restaurant in it's own right and highly overlooked in my opinion, and then go upstairs and see if it's possible to get in. I hate doing that but Disney kind of leaves you no choice. It's make a reservation or eat Sysco made junk every meal. I have IBS and can't do that without dire consequences.

Also, yeah I am starting to feel like I care WAY too much about this reservation. I mean, it's a restaurant and I have eaten at it so many times. Hell, I started going when it was a dinner show way back in the 80s and 90s. I think it's just that I want to be at WDW and making and freaking out over reservations allows me to feel like I am in some small, tiny way having a Disney experience... As I wrote that last sentence I realized I might need to find a support group... :scared:

I totally agree, if it's walk up I will likely change my reservation to the Wave, which is a great restaurant in it's own right and highly overlooked in my opinion, and then go upstairs and see if it's possible to get in. I hate doing that but Disney kind of leaves you no choice. It's make a reservation or eat Sysco made junk every meal. I have IBS and can't do that without dire consequences.

Also, yeah I am starting to feel like I care WAY too much about this reservation. I mean, it's a restaurant and I have eaten at it so many times. Hell, I started going when it was a dinner show way back in the 80s and 90s. I think it's just that I want to be at WDW and making and freaking out over reservations allows me to feel like I am in some small, tiny way having a Disney experience... As I wrote that last sentence I realized I might need to find a support group... :scared:

It was a dinner show?! lol~!

I have a backup at Monsieur Paul - we made ours this morning and I had been so sure it would be open for reservations by now. We aren't going until January after all and it will certainly be open by then! :headache:

It was a dinner show?! lol~!

Yep, it was a dinner show called Top of the World, that's why the called the lounge at the top of the DVC BLT Top of the World. It was a nod to the old California Grill. I will never forget when they changed it over. I was in my teens and my pallet was not nearly sophisticated enough for the new food. Everything was so weird and we didn't really like it for a few years. Then, after I moved to San Francisco for college I developed the "California Pallet" and it became one of my top choices. It wasn't until last year when I went with the hubby and watched Wishes from our table by the window that we fell in love with it. For starters, we eat much better now that we are adults with good jobs and so this food is in keeping with the organic/hipster places we frequent in our neighborhood. But really, is there anything better than watching wishes, in an air conditioned setting while eating chocolate and drinking champagne? I don't think so. pixiedust:

Check out some of the amazing desserts that are on the new menu!!

Like this sundae sampler!

Dessert-Trio-California-Grill.jpg

More at the Disneyfoodblog!
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/...on-the-california-grill-menu-in-disney-world/

I hope I can get a reservation for late Oct, early November!!!

I apologize if someone already posted this, but don't have time to read through the thread.

It really is ridiculous how excited we all are about this re opening... but California Grill really is a special restaurant :)

My back up is Citrico's right now but I really want to see the new restaurant!!!

It really is ridiculous how excited we all are about this re opening... but California Grill really is a special restaurant :)

My back up is Citrico's right now but I really want to see the new restaurant!!!

This is our backup also. But really love CG and yes I remember when it was a dinner show also.

Laura

That's our backup too! Citrico's. Never ate there but still hoping for California Grill.

This is our backup also. But really love CG and yes I remember when it was a dinner show also.

Laura

Have you been to Citricos??? It's been literally a decade for me and I'm only 19 lol so I'm excited but I love Cali Grill it's my favorite restaurant on property :)

Check out some of the amazing desserts that are on the new menu!!

Like this sundae sampler!

Dessert-Trio-California-Grill.jpg

More at the Disneyfoodblog!
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/...on-the-california-grill-menu-in-disney-world/

I hope I can get a reservation for late Oct, early November!!!

I apologize if someone already posted this, but don't have time to read through the thread.

Flying Fish has a had a boardwalk trio that looks a lot like this. Very cute and creative, but honestly, it wasn't my favorite because none of the three components made you go wow when you tasted them. Give me a CG Valhrona chocolate flourless cake any day! I hope that's not off the menu.

Read on the disneyfoodblog today:

California Grill Re-Opening Rumor: According to a Cast Member, the California Grill will “soft” open on September 2 and 3 with a Cast Member meeting on September 4th. Tentatively opening September 5th!

This gives me hope for our October trip :worship:

Read on the disneyfoodblog today:

California Grill Re-Opening Rumor: According to a Cast Member, the California Grill will “soft” open on September 2 and 3 with a Cast Member meeting on September 4th. Tentatively opening September 5th!

This gives me hope for our October trip :worship:

Thanks for sharing where did you find that??? Do you mind posting a link???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter