1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Official Birthday/Anniversary Cake thread

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by zurgswife, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtuleya

dtuleya <font color=blue>Has a secret flip flop fetish!<br

We just did this wish a Wishes cruise. Got on at the Poly and called O'hanas a week before and ordered the cake. It arrived at the dock about 15 minutes before we set sail.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Princess_Aurora

Princess_Aurora <font color=green>President of the Clueless Club..

My MIL and DD will both be celebrating birthdays at Disney World. MIL is a big Mickey Mouse fan, I saw a couple of good Mickey cakes.

DD will turn 9 and she's a huge princess fan. We've got reservations at CRT. I'm gonna have to go with a princess cake. Can you get the 6'' cake with a group of princesses or can they only put one character on there?

4. DarlingDumbo

DarlingDumbo <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

Just some more information, I called the Magic Kingdom Cake Line and spoke to a women about customizing a cake. She told me that many people have been misinformed about the 6" cake. They can not be customized and can be ordered when arriving at your resturant. These cakes will only say Happy Birthday.

5. zurgswife

zurgswife WDW is my Shangrala...and I'm going...life is bett

Thanks Darlingdumbo I added the info to the front page.

6. poohguys

poohguys DIS Veteran

Thanks! This is great I wish I had it last fall when we went for my ds 5th bday.

7. mhelsley

mhelsley DIS Veteran

What flavors can you get this in? I would like one with yellow cake,white choc. mousse filling with sliced strawberries and Buttercream frosting.

8. zurgswife

I think the specifics about cake fillings and such vary with the restaurant...I would contact the restaurant directly to see if they can accomodate your requests.

9. beattyfamily

beattyfamily DIS Cast Member<br><font color="purple">Has Oodles

This is what someone posted that they were told by GF bakery:

Flavor choices are:

chocolate cake with dark chocolate mousse
    yellow cake with white chocolate mousse
    cheesecake

10. 01Sweetpea

01Sweetpea DIS Veteran

Do you know if you can order milk and coffee as well....or is that pushing it?
    Also do they supply plates, forks & a knife?

11. DebIreland

DebIreland ಠvಠ

zurgswife,
    Fabulous thread! Thanks for all your hard work! I'm gonna order one for my DS's 10th birthday in November. This thread has really helped!! :thumbsup2

12. kjs1976

kjs1976 Thanks for the magic, Walt!

THANK YOU!!!!
    I'm celebrating my 30th at WDW. Just when I started thinking about a cake, you created this wonderful, consolidated thread! I was able to spend about 2 weeks looking and relooking at the pictures and deciding before placing my order yesterday! I'll be celebrating with a chocolate cake at Cindy's on 8/21!!!!!! Then I'll be able to contribute to this thread!

13. peachgirl

peachgirl DIS Veteran

I posted this on the other thread, then saw where the cake pics were being organized here...so here's our cake. We loved it! It was a 6",chocolate w/chocolate filling and rolled fondant. The cake was $25, castle $15 and fondant $15 for a total of $55. It could easily feed 6 people.

[​IMG]

14. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

peachgirl...that is beautiful!!! THanks for remembering to post the picture. How many layers was that? It looks pretty tall. Enough for 4 people..two birthday girls and their moms?

15. peachgirl

peachgirl DIS Veteran

It was tall...4 layers and more than enough to serve 4 large servings!

16. Kristmay

Kristmay Mouseketeer

Peachgirl- is that cake only available at the GF?

17. peachgirl

peachgirl DIS Veteran

I don't know. We were eating at the GF, so that's the bakery that made it. I had called private dining to place the order and whether or not they can make this particular cake anywhere else didn't come up since that's where we were eating.

18. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

From what I understand, the Castle cake is only available at the GF.
    Peachgirl....thanks. I think we may have a winner in the 'which cake do we want' contest!!!!! I believe two 13 y/o's will love it as their birthday cake!!! Yummy.

19. fterie4u

fterie4u DIS Veteran

This thread is awesome! I am trying to decide which anniversary cake to surprise my dh with when we go next month! We will be having our dinner at the GF. I kind of would like the castle cake but would love to try Cinderella's slipper too! Maybe I will get both, I am not sure yet??? :confused3

20. triplefigs

triplefigs <marquee><font color=009933>Triple Chick</marquee>

Anyone know if you can get a cake at 50's Prime Time or Kona? we are staying at the BCV. Should I just get one from Private Dining at the BC and have it delivered to the room?

21. zurgswife

Call WDW dine and ask them about speciality cakes for either of those restuarants...they should give you a number to contact the restuarant directly. Then you can post the number here and I can add it to the list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.