Official Birthday/Anniversary Cake thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
01Sweetpea said:
Does anyone know if you can have a cake delivered before an IllumiNations cruise and then eat it on the boat?

We just did this wish a Wishes cruise. Got on at the Poly and called O'hanas a week before and ordered the cake. It arrived at the dock about 15 minutes before we set sail.

My MIL and DD will both be celebrating birthdays at Disney World. MIL is a big Mickey Mouse fan, I saw a couple of good Mickey cakes.

DD will turn 9 and she's a huge princess fan. We've got reservations at CRT. I'm gonna have to go with a princess cake. Can you get the 6'' cake with a group of princesses or can they only put one character on there?

Just some more information, I called the Magic Kingdom Cake Line and spoke to a women about customizing a cake. She told me that many people have been misinformed about the 6" cake. They can not be customized and can be ordered when arriving at your resturant. These cakes will only say Happy Birthday.

Thanks Darlingdumbo I added the info to the front page.

What flavors can you get this in? I would like one with yellow cake,white choc. mousse filling with sliced strawberries and Buttercream frosting.

mhelsley said:
What flavors can you get this in? I would like one with yellow cake,white choc. mousse filling with sliced strawberries and Buttercream frosting.

I think the specifics about cake fillings and such vary with the restaurant...I would contact the restaurant directly to see if they can accomodate your requests.

mhelsley said:

This is what someone posted that they were told by GF bakery:

Flavor choices are:

chocolate cake with dark chocolate mousse
yellow cake with white chocolate mousse
cheesecake

dtuleya said:
We just did this wish a Wishes cruise. Got on at the Poly and called O'hanas a week before and ordered the cake. It arrived at the dock about 15 minutes before we set sail.

Do you know if you can order milk and coffee as well....or is that pushing it?
Also do they supply plates, forks & a knife?

zurgswife,
Fabulous thread! Thanks for all your hard work! I'm gonna order one for my DS's 10th birthday in November. This thread has really helped!! :thumbsup2

THANK YOU!!!!
I'm celebrating my 30th at WDW. Just when I started thinking about a cake, you created this wonderful, consolidated thread! I was able to spend about 2 weeks looking and relooking at the pictures and deciding before placing my order yesterday! I'll be celebrating with a chocolate cake at Cindy's on 8/21!!!!!! Then I'll be able to contribute to this thread!

I posted this on the other thread, then saw where the cake pics were being organized here...so here's our cake. We loved it! It was a 6",chocolate w/chocolate filling and rolled fondant. The cake was $25, castle $15 and fondant $15 for a total of $55. It could easily feed 6 people.

cake1.jpg

peachgirl...that is beautiful!!! THanks for remembering to post the picture. How many layers was that? It looks pretty tall. Enough for 4 people..two birthday girls and their moms?

goofy4tink said:
peachgirl...that is beautiful!!! THanks for remembering to post the picture. How many layers was that? It looks pretty tall. Enough for 4 people..two birthday girls and their moms?

It was tall...4 layers and more than enough to serve 4 large servings!

Kristmay said:
Peachgirl- is that cake only available at the GF?

I don't know. We were eating at the GF, so that's the bakery that made it. I had called private dining to place the order and whether or not they can make this particular cake anywhere else didn't come up since that's where we were eating.

Kristmay said:
Peachgirl- is that cake only available at the GF?

From what I understand, the Castle cake is only available at the GF.
Peachgirl....thanks. I think we may have a winner in the 'which cake do we want' contest!!!!! I believe two 13 y/o's will love it as their birthday cake!!! Yummy.

This thread is awesome! I am trying to decide which anniversary cake to surprise my dh with when we go next month! We will be having our dinner at the GF. I kind of would like the castle cake but would love to try Cinderella's slipper too! Maybe I will get both, I am not sure yet??? :confused3

Anyone know if you can get a cake at 50's Prime Time or Kona? we are staying at the BCV. Should I just get one from Private Dining at the BC and have it delivered to the room?

triplefigs said:
Anyone know if you can get a cake at 50's Prime Time or Kona? we are staying at the BCV. Should I just get one from Private Dining at the BC and have it delivered to the room?

Call WDW dine and ask them about speciality cakes for either of those restuarants...they should give you a number to contact the restuarant directly. Then you can post the number here and I can add it to the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter