Official Birthday/Anniversary Cake thread

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by zurgswife, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fterie4u

fterie4u DIS Veteran

That cake is beautiful and sounds delicious! :cool1: Where did you have it made/delivered? How much was it if you don;t mind me asking. Thanks! :goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. poohangel

poohangel DIS Veteran

I had it sent to our room at the GF. It was expensive almost $100.00. It was huge though, It was the first time I had ordered anything like that and it could have easily been shared by quite a few people.

4. N2THRILLRIDES

N2THRILLRIDES Mouseketeer

I was hoping to suprise my dw with an anniversary cake in october, but wanted it delivered to our resort (POR) but from the sound of it, that probably won't be possible. I want to suprise her, but don't think getting a cake at a restaurant is a great idea, as then we would have to get the leftovers back to the resort, PLUS, who has room for cake after Disney Dining? :) I guess I could try & surprise her by picking up up at the Boardwalk Bakery - but my fear is that I would drop it en route - I am not the most coordinated person in the world! Any ideas or suggestions??

5. Cinderumbrella

Cinderumbrella Wench

I am in the same situation (staying at POR). How about taking a boat to MGM, transferring to the BW, picking up the cake at the bakery and then taking a cab from BWI back to POR...

6. faindrops27

faindrops27 I love free DDP but love going on cruises too! My

Frozen cakes? What?? I was hoping for a cake at Ohana's One like I saw in an earlier post. Please do not tell me they make mass cakes, and freeze and thaw them. I was hoping for 40 dollars, they would make my cake, either the day before, or the day off. Can someone please confirm this? If it is some frozen cake. I think I will pass. My father is very picky.

7. daisy_77

daisy_77 <font color=blue>BL II - Blue Team<br><font color=

Great thread! Thank you so much for compiling all that info and pics of the cakes! :thumbsup2 :sunny: :cheer2:

8. beattyfamily

beattyfamily DIS Cast Member<br><font color="purple">Has Oodles

Yes, I know for a fact that some restaurants have only frozen cakes and thaw them each morning based on the number of orders each day. But it's only certan restaurants and you'd know this as soon as you call the restaurant to order a cake. They will tell you 'sorry we only have one cake and it cannot be personalized.'' Then you'll know they are frozen. One place I'm 100% sure of is the Princess Storybook Breakfast restaurant.

I'm pretty sure, though, you have nothing to worry about because I've seen some beautiful pictures of cakes that people ordered for Ohana's.

9. carone0318

carone0318 Disney-aholic, can't get enough of this place!!!

I think the frozen ones are the $12.95 6" cakes, not the personalized cakes. I could be wrong, but I believe that the 6" is what I have read before that are frozen.

10. tithonia88

tithonia88 Living in Austin, Loving Disney

:sunny: I love this thread!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to pull it together. Two fabulous things together... Disney World and Cake!

We are going on a quick trip in October. We are staying free, on miles at the Downtown Disney Hilton. DD turns 9 while we are there...

My ultimate choice would be to have a cake delivered to our room. I don't think that is a possiblity unless I have a grocery store like Goodings deliver it.

I will have a car so I could pick it up. It occurred to me that I did not see any Downtown Disney locations listed in the threads as bakeries. Is there a location?

I do need to call the Hilton and see if there are any possibilities. I haven't done that yet.

Thanks so much
    Tithonia :sunny:

11. sconnell

sconnell DIS Veteran

Anyone have any specifics about Crystal Palace? I'd love to get a personalized cake for our first night.

12. kjs1976

kjs1976 Thanks for the magic, Walt!

When I called to order a cake for CRT next week, she told me that the 6'' cakes were the "generic kind" (my words, she was more eloquent) which probably means they are a standard happy b-day cake they take out of the freezer each day. I'd have to get an 8'' or bigger if I wanted to chose the type of cake, frosting, and get any wording, plus decorations other than choice of colored roses, was extra. So for $25 I ordered an 8'' chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and red and purple roses with a happy birthday saying! Hope this helps!

13. peachgirl

peachgirl DIS Veteran

You can definitely get a 6" custom cake from the GF bakery because that's what we ordered a couple of weeks ago. I know there is a standard, frozen 6" you can get. I believe it's just single layer where ours was 4 layers, but you don't have to order an 8" cake to get a custom cake that isn't frozen.

It may vary from restaurant to restaurant though.

14. zippnby

zippnby Earning My Ears

I just called to order a birthday cake for my husband's 40th birthday. Being the big kid his is he wanted to have his b-day dinner at Chef Mickey's. :mickeyjum

After the Cm went through the choices, I asked if the cakes were frozen or not. She was a little taken back the question and said they were freshly baked. I hope the cake is worth the $40. I will post pictures when we get back.

4 more days and counting...:tink: :tigger: :sulley: :stitch: :simba: :goofy: :figment:

15. flea1267

flea1267 DIS Veteran

subscribing! what an awesome thread!!!

16. katiesmomluvsdizne

katiesmomluvsdizne Miami Student & fan. Miami U in Ohio, the one that

thanks Zurgswife for such a great job of organizing. We will be there 9 days after my DD 9th BD and want to get a cake for a late celebration. This will help a lot. Thanks again :cheer2:

17. princessarielle

princessarielle Red Heads Rock!!

While I was making my CP package reservations today I mentioned that we were celebrating our 10th anniversary. The CM told me about ordering a cake and gave me a phone number it's 407-560-3551. I'm not sure which number this is because it's not on the list. Could it be for the Garden Grill??

18. jcemom

jcemom Official Tag Fairy Assistant

Thank you. We decided to have my DD's birthday 'party' at Chef M's in October. Do you happen to remember what kind of choices you were given? Any fillings or anything special?

19. Lizzy Lemon

Lizzy Lemon DIS Veteran

We will be visiting from the UK for our 25th wedding anniversary and I would love to get DH a cake. We will be staying at the YC, could someone please advise who I should contact. I'm not sure whether I'd like it delivered to the room or have it taken to the table in a restaurant which would be more of an impact.

20. princess@heart

princess@heart Need a sprinkling of Fairy Dust!!!

Wow!!! Thanks for the thread! I need a better cake for next trip...

We got this cake at the Spirit of Aloha dinner show at the Poly, November 2005. I asked at the podium when we got there, so I imagine it was one of those "frozen cakes". It was a two layer, 6" cake. Didn't taste too good. The frosting tasted like Crisco with a pinch of sugar! :sad2:
    [​IMG]

21. princess@heart

princess@heart Need a sprinkling of Fairy Dust!!!

Can they do custom cakes on Disney's Wonder???

I LOVE CAKE!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.