Official Birthday/Anniversary Cake thread

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by zurgswife, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. princesstigerlilly

princesstigerlilly Mouseketeer

Thanks for putting this together zurgswife! I have to order a cake for my DD at 1900PF and now I have a good idea of what I'd like!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. triplefigs

triplefigs <marquee><font color=009933>Triple Chick</marquee>

I wonder if Private Dining at the Poly does the one's for Kona or if the restaurant does them? I'll call and post what I find out.

4. magicmouse2

magicmouse2 DIS Veteran

This is the cake I would like for my anniversary - how much did this one cost and can you get the 8 inch size in it or cinderella topper?
    Thanks

5. zurgswife

zurgswife WDW is my Shangrala...and I'm going...life is bett

To get specifics I suggest callling the restuarant the cake was purchased from; which is the 1900 Park fare in this case, and ask those specific questions.

6. magicmouse2

magicmouse2 DIS Veteran

Does the cake have any sort of reference no. or code ? or do I just describe what I would like ? :thumbsup2

7. ukwildcat

ukwildcat Will always bleed blue. GO CATS!!!

I would just like to add a little clarity as to what cakes are available at each location.

Each location has specific cakes. You can, however, get special cakes (whatever you can imagine) made at the GF bakery and delivered to your restaurant.

The more extensive your request the more pricey the cake. Hope that helps.

8. jetsetter90

jetsetter90 <font color=blue>You didn't try to toggle your tag

Thanks zurgswife :love: :Pinkbounc

Does anyone have the price for the chocolate covered strawberries?

TTFN
    Jetsetter90

9. southgal

southgal Mouseketeer

I want to have a bday cake with Donald Duck on it for our dinner at Chef Mickey's. I called them and they said they do the cupcake and placemat thingy, and I could purchase a cake with either mickey or minnie on it. Am I mistaken thinking I could get a Donald cake? I would appreciate any guidance!

10. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

It depends on where you are eating. You will find that different restuarants are able to do different cakes. Those spots with on-site bakeries can do the nicest cakes. THat's the big reason we're eating at GF Cafe...I need a particular cake. If you are eating at a restaurant with no bakery, you won't be able to get to much choice in what you can choose from. I don't believe there is bakery, per se, at Chef Mickey's.

11. ukwildcat

I will post my previous post here again. You can get whatever cake you can imagine at any location through the GF bakery. See the phone numbers on the first post of this thread.

I would just like to add a little clarity as to what cakes are available at each location.

Each location has specific cakes. You can, however, get special cakes (whatever you can imagine) made at the GF bakery and delivered to your restaurant.

The more extensive your request the more pricey the cake. Hope that helps.

12. disney queen

disney queen DIS Veteran

when ordering a cake for jiko at AKL, you will need to speak w/a CM in in-room dining. :wave:

13. hmmchowell

hmmchowell Drool Dude!!!

14. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

Are you absolutely sure?? I've been told, several times now, that if I want a cake made at the GF bakery, I have to be eating at the GF, at one of their restuarants. I was told that they do not deliver to other restuarants...otherwise I would have changed my lunch spot. Just curious.

15. beattyfamily

beattyfamily DIS Cast Member<br><font color="purple">Has Oodles

ITA. That has been my experience as well. I tried to get a cake at PSB and LTT and both locations told me they only offer a generic (frozen) cake that cannot be personalized.

I've read the same about Chef Mickey's.

As far as I know you can only get GF cakes at the GF unless you are maybe Concierge at one of the monorail resorts; then you can probably arrange to have it delivered for a high cost.

I have never heard of anyone being able to arrange a cake to be delivered to the value resorts; but instead they stop at the Boardwalk bakery and get something.

I think it really depends on where you are eating/staying on what kind of cake, if any you can get.

The best advice is to call the resort/restaurant and find out for sure.

16. ukwildcat

Unless I am just the luckiest person at WDW, I have had cakes from the GF bakery delivered to CR (concourse), Poly ('Ohana), and WL (WCC) - this one for Sept. 1.

I have spoken with the Food and Bev manager at each location (Not just the restaurant manager - the actual Food and Bev manager for the resort) and when I requested a special cake they put me in touch with the GF bakery. When I explained to the GF pastry chef that I wanted a special cake, I e-mailed the specifics to him. They (GF pastry chef) e-mailed back with a price quote, and then I e-mailed or called in my credit card.

The Food and Bev manager (at the resort I am dining at) then attaches to my ADR that I have a special cake from the GF bakery waiting in the kitchen. The GF bakery takes care of delivering it to your requested restaurant.

I'm not saying the cakes I have ordered are cheap ( I think they are a bit pricey - dad is a pastry chef in st. louis and that is what I am basing my prices on), but I wanted something more than the run of the mill cakes at the restaurants. Each time we were celebrating something special.

I can't possibly be that special in the eyes of WDW. If I can be of more help, please ask.

17. Disneynutbsv

Disneynutbsv DIS Veteran<br><font color=deeppink>If I had kept

I called and ordered a cake for our dinner at 1900 PF and they did not take a credit card for deposit? I thought they would...

18. Silly Girl

Silly Girl Mouseketeer

jetsetter 90: I had the chocolate covered strawberries delivered to my husband last week while we were at the Poly for his 40th birthday. The cost was $34.95 for one dozen with a white chocolate swan with M&M's in them. If you're not staying at the poly I'm sure you can get them at most resorts.

19. princessarielle

princessarielle Red Heads Rock!!

I have a few questions:

1-If you are somewhere and don't finish the cake will they arrange for it to get back to your room?

2-I'm surprising my DH with the Segway Tour. Do you think I could arrange to have a cake delivered to EPCOT to be there when we return from the tour??

3-I didn't see Tony's on the list. Can I have a cake delivered to Tony's? We will be celebrating our 10th anniversary during this trip and we ALWAYS eat at Tony's and I would like a Lady and the Tramp cake.

Thanks!
    Lori

20. scoutsmom99

scoutsmom99 <b><font color=f95602>Member of the 'Jambo! WildBu

When we had one at the GF they did box it for us, but then we were responsible for bringing the cake back to our resort with us.

21. poohangel

poohangel DIS Veteran

Here is the cake I had made for our Anniversary last year.
    [​IMG]

white chocolate cake with raspberry mousse filling and white chocolate frosting :cloud9: omgosh it was devine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.