• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Avengers Half Marathon Weekend 2015 Thread

Any of these sound good to me, it's looking like I'll be in Corral A, so if I can grab a good spot perhaps I can get to some of the photo ops before the lines get too long.

Okay, little competition going on in our household - DH submitted a time that was 10 minutes slower than the time I submitted (we both sent official times in from previous races). He has a lower number, by like 300. Will we be in the same corral? I submitted a 2:10. I want to Chick him in the same race and it will be much easier to keep ahead of him if we start together. :rotfl2:

Wow, looks like I could potentially be in Corral B! I never thought I'd see a letter so low in the Alphabet! :teeth:

In other RunDisney races, I've always been middle of the pack, with a similar POT. Are the races starting to skew to slower avg finish times? Just trying to figure out the difference.

Here I was all excited to see that bib numbers were available but in a vacuum of other information, I'm really wondering what it means? My number is almost 500 spots lower than my previous lowest number and from other events, it would put me in Corral A. Yikes! Not sure I'm ready for that pressure! LOL!

C'mon release the corrals, course and guide already!!! :)

Here are my thoughts/fears on the low bib numbers:
  1. Most of the people running just the half did not submit a POT
  2. Most of the people running the challenge probably DID submit a POT
  3. The corrals are gigantic
  4. There was a glitch
Only time will tell!! LOL

Do they need to wait for registration to close to announce everything? Does a few last minute registrations make a difference, or do you think they have already factored in extra bibs in each category? For example, if they release Corral information today and bibs #1-1000 are Corral A, are bibs #990-1000 left blank just in case?

Am I making any sense? lol

I am glad to see I am not the only one who is confused but hopeful in terms of the bib numbers!

I looked again, and I am more confused than when I started. My 10k POT equals a 2:25ish finish. By that I would fall into B or C looking at this years earlier corrals at DL. But, my bib number, which is under 21000 would be in B for PDC or DDD. While if you convert the Rebel Challenge numbers to 2xxxx from 1xxxx, that would put me in A there. So, its sort of all over the place.

I'll take C, be happy with B, and there is no way I belong in A, so if somehow that prediction from rebel worked out, I'd drop down to B.

But for heavens sake, could they please show us the course!!!!

Last edited:

Do they need to wait for registration to close to announce everything? Does a few last minute registrations make a difference, or do you think they have already factored in extra bibs in each category? For example, if they release Corral information today and bibs #1-1000 are Corral A, are bibs #990-1000 left blank just in case?

Am I making any sense? lol

The POT date has passed, so anyone who registers now would just be put in the last corral.

Corrals were big for Dumbo this year, and while I'm normally in the middle to middle-front of the pack (if that makes sense) at WDW (talking Corral I for Dopey this year and E for last year's Wine & Dine) I ended up in B for Dumbo this year. :confused3 Bigger corrals at Disneyland, it seems, and slower times submitted this year.

I thought having numbers would help. It just made it worse for me. I'm 100 numbers off of my friend (taking away the obvious 3 vs 2 thing) with bibs. So I think we're in the same corral or I just missed the cutoff to be in it. Either way this is torture because I want to know if I have a A/B placement or what (for me to be in the same corral for the 10k with her most likely she is in A so I have to be in A and ugh this wait is killing me).

So two things to note: it's the Disneyland 10k route, and it looks like they took out the part next to the Crystal Chapel (which I'm pouting about because I liked that).

ETA: Oh and the corrals are set up more like the Disneyland Half vs what they were last year.

ETA 2: Uh oh. I think someone at runDisney made a strategic error. C, one of the corrals on the northern side of Disneyland Drive is this races messed up corral. It's traditionally been one of the corrals further back that gets the short end of the stick. I'm not sure how this is going to go for everyone. Best of luck to everyone in C and beyond.

Last edited:
So DH submitted a time of 2:14 for his half and mine was 2:10. He's in A and I'm in B. Both were official race times, same course just different races last May. Guess I will just have to catch him!

So DH submitted a time of 2:14 for his half and mine was 2:10. He's in A and I'm in B. Both were official race times, same course just different races last May. Guess I will just have to catch him!

If you have a screen shot of your submission I'd try to email run disney now to see if yours can be changed. B has a huge spread (so does A, ugly in a different way) but you could get bogged down.

Oh my goodness!!
Am I really in corral C? Holy smokes! I've triple-checked and according to my bib and the IGC corral link I'll be in C! Oh my goodness!
My week has been made!
Thank you for posting these!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter