Official Avengers Half Marathon Weekend 2015 Thread

I checked the usatf website for a course certification and didn't see anything. Anyone have any clues for the 10k and half courses?

First I reached out on Twitter to the official Disneyland account. They said the new Avenger's Super Hero's Headquarters in Tomorrowland won't open up until the day after the Avengers Half weekend :( Wish they would soft open it for anyone participating in the race weekend. It really seems like a missed opportunity.

The half isn't sold out yet. I hope they don't cancel this race in the future.

I've been worried about that too. But here are a few thoughts... Every other Avengers race sold out (and some of those sold out in a few hours or days), and a whole bunch of people are coming to Disneyland for this event that normally wouldn't be coming on this random weekend in November. As someone else said the Comic Book/Marvel/Avengers fans are pretty good about buying merchandise. So with all of that said I think there are plenty of reasons for runDisney to keep hosting this race.

Also the Tinkerbell half is currently only at 62% Currently it seems like there are enough runner interested in Disneyland runDisney races to fill up more than 3 half marathon's but not enough to fill up 4 if that makes sense.

I checked the usatf website for a course certification and didn't see anything. Anyone have any clues for the 10k and half courses?

I've been checking the City of Anaheim website for any permits or updates for road closures, hoping to get some hints about the course. As of a week or two ago I couldn't find anything. For the Disneyland Half this year they released the Event Guide about a month before the race weekend. So I'm hoping maybe next week they will post some info.

Race is coming up so soon! Still no medal reveal for IGC.

Tinker Bell Half, Star Wars the Dark Sid, and even the Marathon aren't all sold out either so I don't think they would consider canceling just for that. As its been mentioned on other threads recently, I think there are enough races now that people are being more selective about which ones they sign up for. Personally, because there are so many, I would like to see them reduce the race sizes a bit so that we're not so congested in the parks but I doubt that will happen.

First I reached out on Twitter to the official Disneyland account. They said the new Avenger's Super Hero's Headquarters in Tomorrowland won't open up until the day after the Avengers Half weekend :( Wish they would soft open it for anyone participating in the race weekend. It really seems like a missed opportunity.

Thanks for the intel. We extended our trip by a day just so we could see the new Star Wars additions. It's good to know that Super Hero's HQ will also be open that day.

The down side is that DL doesn't open until 10 am that day. I got the latest possible flight out that night, but I'm pretty sure we won't get more than Space Mountain, Star Tours, Launch Bay and Super Hero HQ done that day.

Gosh, I hope that's not true. I'm going to hold out hope until something official is posted from Disney on their site. I also had Disneyland guest services CM call me back in March and tell me that Thor and Captain America were going to do meet and greets in the old Big Hero 6 meet and greet area which turned out to not happen at all ever. But it's also good to be prepared for the worst case scenario. Now I really really want to find a way to make staying through Monday work.

Well good news, runDisney posted their 2016/2017 schedule and Avengers is coming back for 2016!
It looks like for now they are liking 4 races in Florida and 4 in California.
schedule.jpg

So, I need to run 5 more years to get the whole collection of gauntlet medals? Pretty good marketing!
I know, right?! Brilliant marketing move. Now I'm conflicted if I should keep running 5 more years to collect them all. I was planning to take a break from rD after Tink 2016.

Super Hero HQ will feature Spider Man: http://www.slashfilm.com/spiderman-disneyland/ I wonder if that means that he could be at the pasta party or at the race.

I know there's lots of love for Spider Man, but I'd personally appreciate a Falcon meet and greet for DS.
Always interesting to read the non-Disney take on things. Here's the official Disney blurb on it.
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...nd-park-november-16-in-the-new-super-hero-hq/
Apparently Captain America is doing Meet and Greets and Tomorrow Landing until Nov. 11? I don't even know where that is.
Stinks the Superhero HQ won't be opening during race weekend.

I'm excited to have Spider-man coming but I think it is a little odd they are losing Captain America. Tons of people wear Captain America shirts around the parks and the next Marvel movie coming out is Captain America: Civil War.

I also find it odd that they won't have the current Avengers meet and greet after Nov 11th. I"m sure the Avengers will be busy at the races, Pasta Party, Kids races, etc. But its kinda crappy you won't be able to get a picture with The Avengers and your medal around your neck.

I'm guessing Spider-Man will be on the race courses, along with Cap, Thor, Hawkeye and Black Widow.
I'm still holding out hope for Ant-Man since the theme of the kids races is "Ant-Man".

Active link for looking up bibs just went down recently which I think means we should be finding out shortly (next day or two Im guessing at most) our numbers and corrals.

I'm excited to have Spider-man coming but I think it is a little odd they are losing Captain America. Tons of people wear Captain America shirts around the parks and the next Marvel movie coming out is Captain America: Civil War.

I also find it odd that they won't have the current Avengers meet and greet after Nov 11th. I"m sure the Avengers will be busy at the races, Pasta Party, Kids races, etc. But its kinda crappy you won't be able to get a picture with The Avengers and your medal around your neck.

I'm guessing Spider-Man will be on the race courses, along with Cap, Thor, Hawkeye and Black Widow.
I'm still holding out hope for Ant-Man since the theme of the kids races is "Ant-Man".
I think it kind of makes sense to have Spidey BECAUSE of Civil War being the next movie coming out- it'll be his first Disney-sanctioned movie appearance. Plus his show on Disney XD is pretty fun- I never mind watching it with the kids. But I'd rather his meet and greet be in addition to instead of though.
Last year they were at events AND still doing the meet and greets in the Parks, so I'm not sure why it's an either or thing this year. I hope Ant Man will be out- once I saw the kids' medals I saw the movie just so I would be ready to meet him!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter