• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Avengers Half Marathon Weekend 2015 Thread

Finally bought our plane tickets today! Now to book our transportation and buy tickets! The past couple of weeks have been really stressful, so DH and I are really looking forward to some time off.

Last edited:
So right now I could buy a one way ticket from LAX to my home airport for $59 leaving 7:25 pm Nov. 16. I currently have round trip booked leaving Sunday night. Can I just not show up for my Sunday flight and have my one way ticket be good? O should I pay the $75 change fee and switch to leaving Monday? Should I switch at all? Ugh. I can't even make a decision right now.

Who is getting excited?? The official countdown is at 27 days. I totally wish Disney would release the course information or the bibs/corral info. Still debating what to wear for the race. I did buy an Iron Man shirt but all the posts on this page mention that Iron Man cannot really be mentioned. Now there is talk of Spider Man. Decisions decisions!!

Finally bought our plane tickets today! Now to book our transportation and buy tickets! The past couple of weeks have been really stressful, so DH and I are really looking forward to some time off.
If you weren't already, check out GET Travel's pricing for park tickets. They were the best around when we looked, and you have until October 28th I think to choose between having them mailed to you or picked up the day of the expo -- we're doing mail since we arrive on Wednesday before the expo opens.

Also, depending on what airport you're flying into, SNA at least is allowing Uber to do pickups for a fair amount less than taxis. Lots of airports don't allow them, so we were happy to see that it would be an option for us beyond the taxi and shuttle services.

Just some food for thought while you (and anyone else reading) shop your tickets and transportation.

Still debating what to wear for the race. I did buy an Iron Man shirt but all the posts on this page mention that Iron Man cannot really be mentioned.

While runDisney cannot use Iron Man in conjunction with its Avengers Half Marathon weekend, that does not mean that participants in the race are not allowed to wear Iron Man apparel. If you've got an Iron Man shirt you want to wear, go for it! They are not going to kick you out of participating in the race if you do.

Ah! runDisney please give me more info on the race! I want to sign my waiver and know where the course will be!
...okay, perhaps I am being very impatient...I'll be over here plotting out what to pack and checking all things to do with the Avengers Half Weekend...
harumph...

Ah! runDisney please give me more info on the race! I want to sign my waiver and know where the course will be!
...okay, perhaps I am being very impatient...I'll be over here plotting out what to pack and checking all things to do with the Avengers Half Weekend...
harumph...

Wine and Dine released the information on Sunday last week. Could this Sunday be the day they release the bib numbers and corrals, etc.?

I would keep checking this link for bib numbers:

http://live.xacte.com/disney/avengers/index.html

Wine and Dine released the information on Sunday last week. Could this Sunday be the day they release the bib numbers and corrals, etc.?

Oh I wonder! I've been checking religiously! Every morning I refresh the live.xacte link, as well as the runDisney site for waivers, as well as when I get home form work.
I'm also wondering if marathonfoto will offer the photo deal (where you spend $60 for $100) that was a saving grace for me after the PHM last year.

I keep checking this and a couple days ago when I searched for my last name I got a list of three people with the same last name and a bunch of code. I wish I knew enough about computers to know if I got a sneak peek at something!

If you weren't already, check out GET Travel's pricing for park tickets. They were the best around when we looked, and you have until October 28th I think to choose between having them mailed to you or picked up the day of the expo -- we're doing mail since we arrive on Wednesday before the expo opens.

Also, depending on what airport you're flying into, SNA at least is allowing Uber to do pickups for a fair amount less than taxis. Lots of airports don't allow them, so we were happy to see that it would be an option for us beyond the taxi and shuttle services.

Just some food for thought while you (and anyone else reading) shop your tickets and transportation.

I bought tickets through GET right after I posted! We're flying into LAX and I think we're going to book through Prime Time Shuttle. It's getting so close now!

Oh I wonder! I've been checking religiously! Every morning I refresh the live.xacte link, as well as the runDisney site for waivers, as well as when I get home form work.
I'm also wondering if marathonfoto will offer the photo deal (where you spend $60 for $100) that was a saving grace for me after the PHM last year.

I keep checking on repeat too! it's almost a week since the data was loaded for W&D, so it should be any day now...

I keep checking on repeat too! it's almost a week since the data was loaded for W&D, so it should be any day now...
Oh is hope so! I think the refresh button is getting tired lol
Just bought photopass+ for our trip :D
countdown to our flight: 25 days!

This got me excited, till I realised there was no challenge last year so I'm not sure how the challenge bib numbers correspond to "normal" bib corral placements
Same here. Was super excited to see bib numbers posted. At first I thought my bib number was too high since my last rD was just a half (no challenge). Then I remembered that I signed up for the challenge and was about to look up the corrals only to remember there was no challenge last year. =(

Last edited:
Based on the number of IGC bibs (numbered 20000-25038 or so) that they might have corrals similar to PDC and DDD?
2015-Tinker-Bell-Half-Corral-Assignments.png

Would Pixie Dust Challenge or Rebel Challenge be a better predictor for corrals for IGC? PDC would put me in B while Rebel would put me in C. I am going by the "time required" for the corrals, not bib number. Both are bit higher than I would have thought, since I could not run a recent POT race due to injury followed by surgery in the months before the cut-off. The time I submitted was not my worst ever, but about 10 minutes worse than I would have liked. At GSC (which has significantly more corrals) I have always been F. B or C sound great, but I'm guessing it means fewer but larger corrals out at DL?

For some reason I can't remember, is it the event guide release that gives us our answer? Or do we find it somewhere else?

ETA: I didn't think of DDD at first, but just added it. Both put my time in the same corral, so I am thinking that C will be my corral.

corral-assignments.jpg

2015-Disneyland-Half-Marathon-DDD-Placement.png

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter