**Official August 2016 Check In Thread**

Finally took the plunge and changed our WOC dinner to the WOC dessert party. The idea of a seat and a good view won me over. We leave in one week! Getting more excited everyday!!

Edit: Wanted to add that we also decided to add another park day to our trip. Our dinner plans with some friends changed so we decided dinner and a few rides in the park sounded like a better plan.

Last edited:
Hubby's excited he gets to sleep in a little bit. I think we're actually in pretty good shape because the first couple days we'll have early entry and the parks close a little earlier, then when we switch to off-site and lose our early entry the parks close a little later. So that means we'll get about the same hours in the park.

Just booked our August trip! Will be in Parks Aug 13th (evening on arrival day) - 17th. The last couple years we've done DisneyWorld, so it's been a few years since DLR and so happy to go back to our favorite! Will be myself, DH, DS(13) and DD(11). Staying at Park Vue Inn for the first time. Now to begin my obsessive planning!

We will be in the parks August 21-25 and we are staying at Paradise Pier. We are a group of 5 - 3 adults and a 14 year old girl and 11 year old boy. We have made many visits to Disneyland but it has been a few years- we've been going to WDW for about the last 5 years. The last time we were at DL was a couple months before Cars Land opened .... so we are excited to be back!

Hello! We are headed to Disneyland next month and I can't wait! We are staying at the Tropicana which will be a first. Usually we stay at the Super 8's around the park. This will be our 2nd trip this year, with one more planned in November. Neither of our families do much for Thanksgiving so last year we decided to go to disneyland and drive down on thanksgiving day. It was AWESOME and totally excited to do that again this year!
We are going with family members next month for the first time (2 brother in laws) so that should be fun! Anyway! Hello!

Did anybody else watch the livestream of Paint the Night tonight to get excited about their trip?!? It was pretty awesome!

Yeah, we watched it. My other half was excited that we would be there when they were still celebrating the 60th celebration. I'm getting super excited! :donald:

Park hours for the end of August are up, 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM. We are early risers so kinda bummed but we are staying on property so we do have the EMH.

Where are you getting these park hours? I see 9:00am - 10:00pm where I'm looking....???

Did anybody else watch the livestream of Paint the Night tonight to get excited about their trip?!? It was pretty awesome!

I didn't, partly because I wanted to experience it for the first time while I'm there, and partly because we haven't had internet since yesterday morning. Some kind of outage. It's making the final planning stages very frustrating. Glad to know it was good! I cannot wait to see it!

I meant to catch the live stream online last night but totally forgot about it until nearly 9:30 :P

I didn't, partly because I wanted to experience it for the first time while I'm there, and partly because we haven't had internet since yesterday morning. Some kind of outage. It's making the final planning stages very frustrating. Glad to know it was good! I cannot wait to see it!

I'm the same- I've never watched any of the shows online- I want to be surprised. :)

Doing the Happy Dance! We usually do one Disney trip a year, but the kids and the husband have been clamoring to go back . . . Yesterday, the confluence of a great fare on Southwest and the end of summer sale for on-site Disney hotels led me to suggest going to DL for my 40th birthday! And the fact that the semi-permanent Hello Kitty Cafe is just a half-hour's drive away in Irvine doesn't hurt, either . . . :D

I was sort of stereotypically dreading the big 4-0, but now I can hardly wait! We'll be there from August 30 to September 4; my birthday is on September 3. I've booked dinner at Blue Bayou for that night, and Cafe Orleans for the first day we arrive. I have to give some thought to the rest. Anyway, the reservations website doesn't seem to be working and the phone line seems to be going bonkers, too (getting people who sound surprised I got through to them, the line ringing and ringing and ringing and ringing, etc.).

I've booked through Costco Travel and we'll be staying at the Grand Californian. (Costco still had standard rooms available, unlike the DL website, plus the usual perks.)

With each trip, we get ourselves to do new things. This time will include:
  • A visit to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for my daughter, who is *finally* 3! I've been waiting for this day!! :joker:
  • My husband joining a charity group (the Dragon Master Foundation) to run his first 10K as part of the Disneyland Half-Marathon Weekend.
And who knows what else. We will spend 4 (more like 3 1/2) days in the parks, with one side trip somewhere. Like I said, Hello Kitty Cafe . . . :D

I was super happy to read that Disneyland is going to be offering a Photopass + weekly option again. I was really upset when it went to daily at $39/day (was going to try to get all of our Photopass pictures done only in one day). Now, you can get 7 consecutive days for $69. Just in time for our August trips!

I was super happy to read that Disneyland is going to be offering a Photopass + weekly option again. I was really upset when it went to daily at $39/day (was going to try to get all of our Photopass pictures done only in one day). Now, you can get 7 consecutive days for $69. Just in time for our August trips!

That is fabulous news!! I was so bummed that we'd have to pay so much per day, and buying individual photos wasn't very cost effective either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter