**Official August 2016 Check In Thread**

46 more days! Dining reservations made! and changed.....and changed...... :rotfl:

Just a few more days and our hours will be released....not looking good though, probably going to be 10-9 and 10-8. While it means shorter park days, it does mean we can get some good sleep and be well rested to hit the parks running at rope drop each morning!:thumbsup2

Just tweaked my anniversary cake to be a marble cake and got a price $56 which I think is VERY reasonable for a 6" completely customized cake. I have high hopes! I'm getting so excited just 33 days left - I'm really excited to surprise my hubby with the cake too, I know he's not expecting anything.

Just 37 days until my Disney honeymoon. We have reserved the Chef's Counter at Napa Rose and dinner at Blue Bayou. After that we are playing it by ear (definitely a few stops at the Corndog Castle). :donald:

46 more days! Dining reservations made! and changed.....and changed...... :rotfl:

Just a few more days and our hours will be released....not looking good though, probably going to be 10-9 and 10-8. While it means shorter park days, it does mean we can get some good sleep and be well rested to hit the parks running at rope drop each morning!:thumbsup2

Good morning!! I was really surprised by our hours as well. DL 9-11 DCA 9-9 week of 8/15-8/19 and DL 9-12 DCA 9-10 8/22-8/26. I'm guessing the added hour is because AP's are no longer blocked that week. I did expect earlier opening hours though; I actually downgraded us from concierge level because I didn't think we would take advantage of the lounge enough. And now I can't add it back and I'm super bummed. The CM's I have spoke to (I call daily!) said I may be able to add it at the hotel but I really just wanted it off the list of things to do. Regardless we will have an amazing time; I'm very excited!

I'll be there from mid-day on the 21st through the 23rd of August (leaving on the 24th). I'll be solo, so if anyone wants to hang out, drop me a line. I'm not a DL expert so I'll just go with the flow.

I plan to buy a 3 day ticket so I can hit the parks Sunday, Monday, & Tuesday. I'm staying at the Hilton Anaheim, but I'm coming form LAX. I expect to be in Anaheim around noon-ish.

I hope everyone enjoys their trips!

28 days until we're in Disneyland and I can't wait! With my weird work schedule and all I have going on during my days off I think it's going to be here before I know it... I just need my body to survive long enough! I've been having hip trouble for a while and tweaked my knee as a result of it which put me in physio for a month this spring and now I somehow triggered something in my shoulder (which has been a bit wonky since I dislocated years ago) and am back in physio for it... And currently have colorful KT tape keeping me in line - I'm actually hoping KT tape will help my hip flexor while we're in Disneyland and give it a bit of a break - questions for my PT for next week!

Hope it's okay if I join in! I booked a last minute spontaneous kind of trip....yesterday!!! Hubbs and I will be there from the 2nd-6th. Our anniversary is on the 4th! Eee! I'm SO excited! We are staying at the Quality Inn on Manchester. It was the cheapest one I could find that's close.to the entrance on s. Harbor. I hope we will be all good there.

I've never done anything so impulsive like this before but life is short. I figured we might as well make the most of our time here on Earth. Crazy though....this will be a historical year for me. To have gone to WDW and DLR in the same year. I am blessed and thankful!

Just upgraded our room at DLH and paid off the balance for our trip.....now it is official! Now just to decide on where we want to dine for sure......hmmmm

I am excited that my honeymoon trip to DLR is finally at 30 days. Definitely splurging more than usual for this trip (Napa Rose chef's counter, Blue Bayou, WOC Dessert Party). I am really excited for Napa Rose, just had my "work wife" return raving about Napa Rose.

"Work wife". That's funny!

Blue Bayou and a DLH pool cabana are our splurges for our upcoming trip. I keep debating whether or not to do one of the dining packages.

I forgot to post our trip for August 23-27th! It's going to be the last one on our first set of AP's, they expire on the 29th.

We got a very nice "returning customer" rate at the Tropicana that reduced our online quote by 80.00! Four nights for a total of 521.00! I loooove the location and can't wait to see DLR across the street!

I am looking forward to the late night hours as I see Disneyland is open til midnight every night of our trip! I also look forward to seeing PTN and Disneyland Forever again, seeing the new Soarin, and seeing the new Frozen play. I also need to get a few autographs from Princesses to finish up my Little Golden autograph book, and a picture with Mickey and Goofy in their Anniversary outfits!

I haven't made any dining reservations yet, and I'm not sure if I will... but I'm guessing it'll be pretty busy with the end of the Anniversary and everyone wanting catch the tail end. I am pretty confident we can make due with CS places at DL and the lounges of DCA... There is a lot of good stuff we didn't get to on our last trip!

I made my Disney trip countdown chain yesterday with 30 days to go! I'll wait just a few weeks longer before I start packing!

We got a very nice "returning customer" rate at the Tropicana that reduced our online quote by 80.00! Four nights for a total of 521.00! I loooove the location and can't wait to see DLR across the street!

May I ask how you scored that deal? Did you call or book from a previous trip? We love the Tropicana and more money saved on the hotel means more to spend at Disneyland!

May I ask how you scored that deal? Did you call or book from a previous trip? We love the Tropicana and more money saved on the hotel means more to spend at Disneyland!

I booked online with the AAA rate and after I read on the Dis that you can get a returning customer rate at the Tropicana, my husband called and they applied it to our existing reservation.

We had rented two rooms there last August, and our trip is this August, so I wasn't sure we were eligible based on frequency of visits, but I was pleasantly surprised!

:disrocks::thanks:

Park hours for the end of August are up, 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM. We are early risers so kinda bummed but we are staying on property so we do have the EMH.

I booked online with the AAA rate and after I read on the Dis that you can get a returning customer rate at the Tropicana, my husband called and they applied it to our existing reservation.

We had rented two rooms there last August, and our trip is this August, so I wasn't sure we were eligible based on frequency of visits, but I was pleasantly surprised!

:disrocks::thanks:

Thank you! Looking into this! I love the Dis, I find out all of these amazing things from the wonderful people on here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter