**Official August 2016 Check In Thread**

Ok so we've got Paint the Night on the go reserved and just reserved breakfast at Ariel's Grotto. Managed to 'convince' dh to book this one because (a) our eldest dd has a birthday in early August so this can be part of her birthday present and (b) looks like the park will probably open at 10am that morning so with a 9am breakfast we'll be in the park already ahead of rope drop! Now, to figure out how to get into the park for breakfast before it opens......??

Ok so we've got Paint the Night on the go reserved and just reserved breakfast at Ariel's Grotto. Managed to 'convince' dh to book this one because (a) our eldest dd has a birthday in early August so this can be part of her birthday present and (b) looks like the park will probably open at 10am that morning so with a 9am breakfast we'll be in the park already ahead of rope drop! Now, to figure out how to get into the park for breakfast before it opens......??
LOL! Extra Magic hours

The only problem is that last year I did open till close every day, by the last day I had fallen asleep on the DLRR, Woke up with a dino in my face I thought I was still dreaming!

@PunkPrincess haha! Well at least you know you hit the parks HARD - like a BOSS :thumbsup2

I just changed our Ariel's Grotto ressie to lunch; now I don't have to worry about trying to get to the restaurant before the park officially opens and I feel like we are getting more bang for our buck with lunch than breakfast.

:tinker: HAH!! Now i can post that even though I don't know how!!:cheer2:

LOL

Anyway So I'm going either august 14th week of, or August 21st (week of). Five Days. IF you see a very giggly and awkward short girl with a dyed mohawk It's probably me. Last year I ran into Justin Scarred from Randomland and did not know who he was yet so its almost certain that even by accident one of you will run into me so fair warning, I'm weird.

Possibly staying at suites at annaheim Holiday Inn or whatever its called north of the parking garage. Could also be staying at any one of the motels around the park's perimeter. I really gotta iron this out you guys are all so ready and I'm here like Lah dee dah Idk what I'm doing!

Then we will absolutely look for you- we are weird too. We will be there 8/16-8/24 so we'll catch you either way. :)

I was trying not to make many ADRs this trip, but I find myself browsing different events to purchase and schedule. I'm really considering the Dessert Party, since we've never watched WoC. I've read the reviews multiple times and second guess the decision when I have to enter my CC info. I'm worried I'll pay $89 for a sleeping 4-year-old :sad2:

I was trying not to make many ADRs this trip, but I find myself browsing different events to purchase and schedule. I'm really considering the Dessert Party, since we've never watched WoC. I've read the reviews multiple times and second guess the decision when I have to enter my CC info. I'm worried I'll pay $89 for a sleeping 4-year-old :sad2:

3 years ago I paid that for the Fantasmic! dessert seating for a 5 yo so I understand your reticence. He was so fascinated by it all; he had the glow with the show ears and the CM paid special attention to him because he was the youngest there. I think your 4yo will be fine. I'm very excited because we have never seen WOC so was thrilled they introduced the dessert seating for it.

I'm totally with you on the scheduling too. Last trip was his first so we were so overbooked it was exhausting. This year we have WOC and Blue bayou only scheduled. (and we will probably be adding the pre show for Frozen too so we can avoid the line)

Have fun planning!

Shhh don't tell my hubby but I'm working with private dining to have a cake delivered to our room the first night we're at GCV for our anniversary. I've given them free rein to play with the nautical/little mermaid theme from our wedding and asked for a custom flavor (vanilla cake with vanilla custard and fresh raspberry filling) and the inscription "Celebrating Our First Magical Year" which the lady from Private Dining said was an inscription she'd never heard before which made me happy. I'm debating changing the cake flavor to chocolate but I'm not sure yet. I've had a great experience working with private dining so far! Just 41 days left now!

So, I got an email yesterday from Disney Visa announcing a room discount that begins the week before our scheduled trip. So, I called and I decided to switch from Camelot to Disneyland Hotel. We have never stayed on-site at Disneyland, so I thought this would be a great time to try. I got 20% off my standard room (only good on Sunday - Thursday night), so I paid for 1 night at regular rate.

I have been reading about the Frozen pre-show and I am thinking I might just do that, too. Depends on what else breaks at my house (so far this week, air conditioner, minivan and microwave).

Last edited:
I got my reservations for the Frozen Pre-show. A little disappointed that it wasn't offered for the 2 days I had planned for California Adventure. It was supposedly closed for an even both the Wednesday and Friday. So, I got them for the Thursday. The CM that helped with the reservation, said that even though the event starts at 2:30, they start letting you in at 2. So more time for those free drinks and AC.

45 more days.

38 Days!!!

Well the hours are slowly being released for my vacation time. I think we are up to the 25th. A little disappointed that Haunted Mansion will be closed for refurbishment while we are there, but I do understand they have to get it ready for the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay. Also, not sure what is up with Toontown. All of the Toontown attractions say schedule unavailable. We aren't huge Toontown fans, but we do like that it is there to help spread the masses of people around. I am just hoping it is open when we are there, so that the rest of the park won't be massively busy.

40 days. Is it August yet?? All of our dining is booked. WoC Dessert Party is booked. Now we wait....
:tigger:

38 days left here! I ended up changing our reservation yesterday from the Paradise Pier Hotel to the Grand, because the Fall special rate allowed us to switch from a PP concierge room to a GCH Premium view room for only 7 dollars more. I'm so happy! We have booked the WOC dessert party as well and are super excited because this will be our first time seeing WOC, as on our last two trips none of us had the energy at the end of the day to wait in line that long or fight the crowds for a decent viewing spot.

27 days!! On a final last-minute diet, can I lose 11 pounds in 4 weeks? :)

We have reservations for Blue Bayou lunch, Carnation Cafe lunch (I may not keep that one but just in case), and WoC dessert party on our park days. Plus Rainforest Cafe on the evening we arrive (no park), a cabana at the DLH pool and Chef's Table at Napa Rose on a non-park day, and Goofy's Kitchen breakfast on the day we leave.

I'm thinking about Frozen pre-show but already spending alot of extra $$ on the cabana and WoC so not sure it's happening this time.

We've just started our official Disney Moviethon as well. So far we've watched Sleeping Beauty and Toy Story. Cinderella is playing at our house tonight! So fun to see my 16 year-old down for this and sitting in front of the TV with the family. Never happens for anything other than getting ready for Disney.

Last edited:
We've just started our official Disney Moviethon as well. So far we've watched Sleeping Beauty and Toy Story. Cinderella is playing at our house tonight! So fun to see my 16 year-old down for this and sitting in front of the TV with the family. Never happens for anything other than getting ready for Disney.

Glad I'm not the only one! Hubby and I were just discussing this morning what movies we should watch while we pack and on the plane.

35 days left. Dining reservations made, spreadsheet being filled with park hours and show times... Stampede is almost over so my next step is asking "is it August yet?"

35 days left. Dining reservations made, spreadsheet being filled with park hours and show times... Stampede is almost over so my next step is asking "is it August yet?"

So I'm not the only one with a spreadsheet? I feel so much better now!

So I'm not the only one with a spreadsheet? I feel so much better now!

Definitely not. Mine has two sheets; the first with an outline of each day's meals with an approximate cost, the second has all the park hours, show times, etc and a mini sheet that's each ADR with the reservation number and the date... Even though I've never needed an ADR number in my life :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter