***Official April 2013 thread*** SEE POST # 4028

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else getting nervous about the Cheer Comps at the end of April bringing in added crowds??

I noticed that you cant find a room at a value resort starting 4/25 through 4/28.

I know I hear that the comps dont really have an effect on crowds but dang thats alot of rooms to all be full.

The cheer groups I encountered on my last trip were actually quite pleasant. Just happy teen girls with lots of pep. I was at a value so they were all over the resort but I barely saw them in the parks at all, I think they have a lot of stuff to do cheer-wise. There are other people on the boards who I bet can provide more insight though!

The cheer groups I encountered on my last trip were actually quite pleasant. Just happy teen girls with lots of pep. I was at a value so they were all over the resort but I barely saw them in the parks at all, I think they have a lot of stuff to do cheer-wise. There are other people on the boards who I bet can provide more insight though!

Thanks...maybe some of these people with experience can chime in...

I've heard that they swamp the value resorts but have very little effect on the parks.

We're planning to drop by and see some of the competition. My wife was a cheerleader in high school.

We're doing the single digit dance today. We arrive in 9 days!

We have been having a great time here too! Lovin the weather:) headed to ak today and we are also at por! Part of me secretly kinda wants to be at pop though... Ugh. Hubby does not want to move but i kinda do!

Here now. Check in was an ordeal, switched rooms three times and still not satisfied but dh was fading quickly (he is invisibly disabled) and he said to just take it. Online check in really messed us up. So, we have none of our requests, including the request for a quiet room so dh can rest. We ended up in a handicap room which we don't need but I love it and will book handicap in the future. So much safer for older people! We were sent an "apology" gift tote by management with water and snacks, which was nice.

We're leaving this Saturday and of course, this has to happen. >.< I was going over my ressies, copying down confirmation numbers and such, and I just discovered that I booked our Tuesday Via Napoli dinner for Monday! :scared: And wouldn't ya guess, the only time available on Tuesday is 8:30. :/ So NOT what I needed!!!

I feel like I'm forgetting something. I did get my Photo Pass plus package........I have my Groupon for parasailing.....I checked and rechecked my dining reservations.....I don't know what I could be forgetting.
On a side not this is an extremely depressing morning, had to turn the news off. Just can't take it anymore. I hear a lot of people saying that there is something wrong with humanity.......I beg to differ, I think whoever did this is not a human at all but that the people who without blinking, ran in to help are a fine example of what most humans do when given the opportunity. It is always your fellow citizens who will help and support you. Too many people expecting the goverment to care these days when it has always been the people taking care of themselves and eachother.

wow, that was a strange rant.........my apologies.

Another thing, I have the lime green paint swatches but can't figure out how to cut them into a Mickey head shape and have it look good. Any suggestions?

Another thing, I have the lime green paint swatches but can't figure out how to cut them into a Mickey head shape and have it look good. Any suggestions?

I would look up plain Mickey heads and print them out to match the size of the swatches for a template. I'm having such trouble trying to print and laminate some...the lime green comes out much too dark in my printer! :headache:

We leave in 5 days! I can't believe it's almost here! I remember the night we left MK last April and I was all teary because I had no idea when we would ever be back...and now we are almost there!!! :)

Another thing, I have the lime green paint swatches but can't figure out how to cut them into a Mickey head shape and have it look good. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Sorry I'm new! What do you do with these???!

Sorry I'm new! What do you do with these???![/QUOTE]

Hang them from your backpack to let fellow DISers identify you.

Thanks!!! I figured it was something to do with DIS (saw like green t-shirts on a review!) but wasn't sure! Thanks! Ill be on the lookout-- 1 week!!!

I think I'm going to pull my hair out! So upon checking in with the rental car company today to make sure we were all set for our Thursday pick up, they let me know that if we were paying via debit card ( which we are) we would have to have a hold placed for the rental amount plus fifteen percent (which we knew and were fine with) AND that we would have to go through a credit screening.......which we FAILED. So we had the option of showing up with a qualified renter who has a major credit card or not renting at all. Well I don't ask anyone for anything especially in the way of finances.....so looks like we will be driving our own personal vehicle which makes me nervous. I mean we did just have it inspected two weeks ago and also 4 weeks ago we had some repair work done and they told us that it's in tip top shape.......but I'm so nervous that if something happened we would be stranded somewhere for a day or so while it gets fixed instead of simply calling the car rental company and demanding a new one. Ugh!!!!! Plus DH found a wormy thing in his peanut butter at work this morning....just thought I'd throw that in there. I am a nervous wreck, I do not do well in stressful situations.:sad2::headache:

I noticed our thread has exceeded 250 posts, which means a moderator may close it. I hope that there is some advance warning so that we can direct people to a new thread.

I noticed our thread has exceeded 250 posts, which means a moderator may close it. I hope that there is some advance warning so that we can direct people to a new thread.

I assume you mean 250 pages of posts. We exceeded 250 posts long ago. (grin)

Given that April 2013 will be over in 2 weeks, I would assume this thread will quiet down real soon. But, I'm new here. I could be completely wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter