***Official April 2013 thread*** SEE POST # 4028

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope!!

You got half right......

I entered them all into that dining plan spreadsheet calculator thingy, and Boma came out cheapest at $72, followed by Be our Guest at $76. Of course, who knows what we'll order at BoG....the others are easy b/c they're all buffets. Next cheapest after that was Tusker House lunch.

Wow! That's surprising! Admittedly, we are steering clear of buffets this trip, except for Biergarten, so I haven't priced that many out. We are using TiW this trip so paying all out of pocket this trip. I would have thought for sure LTT would have been cheapest.

Booked an ADR for the Aloha show at Poly for Wednesday night!!!! We got Category 1 so hopefully we will have good seats. We are going to the 5:15 show....do you think we could tour the resort and watch the fireworks afterwards from there? Or is that a strict no-no?

We do it every time. I think most people do. I don't personally think it's a big deal at all.

I'm dying to tell the kids. DYING!!!!!:scared:

So i decided how I was going to do it. -- With the scraps of paper in the Movie Night bowl? Replacing the movies with the words "We're - Going - To - Disney - World - April - 12th!" Did I post about it already? I can't remember, I post on several boards, lol. :confused3

I'm dying to tell the kids. DYING!!!!!:scared:

So i decided how I was going to do it. -- With the scraps of paper in the Movie Night bowl? Replacing the movies with the words "We're - Going - To - Disney - World - April - 12th!" Did I post about it already? I can't remember, I post on several boards, lol. :confused3

brilliant idea!

Even though I had another month to do it, I went ahead and paid the remainder of our trip off this morning.

looking at my statement for this trip and the cruise...Wow! We realy went all out this year. This trip is double anything we have ever done in the past. Mostly because of the split with the cruise.

Anyways, looking forward to partying with you kids in April/May.

brilliant idea!

it should be fun. the kids alternate picking a movie out of the bowl each week so I'll have to do it on ODS' week (YDD can't read).
So he'll pick out a piece of paper, open it and it will say something like "Going" on it; he'll be all :confused: Then when he picks a 2nd paper out and it says like "World", he might be like :scratchin
I can't wait to see how many time's he'll have to draw before he gets to :idea: He's intelligent but sometimes lacking in the common sense dept., so who knows, lol.

I'll video it of course, hoping for some AFHV material, lol. ;)

I like to mitigate the sticker shock by spreading the payments out. Once I book (room only), I figure out how much per month I have to pay to be PIF a couple of months before the trip and just work it into our monthly budget. :thumbsup2

I had our room only for April PIF around the 1st of the year, and now DH will never get hit with the full amount. :rotfl:
We booked so late this time around that I don't know it would matter. It's not really the hotel part that is a huge deal anyways, it's everything together. Our airfare's already paid, so that's a chunk of it, and I think we're probably going to buy our park tickets in advance this time (tax free on base). It's the food that gets to him, but it's a better deal for us to pay out of pocket.

Josh at EasyWDW updated his April crowd calendar. I looked only at my dates (4/12-4/19) but I do see that the overall resort crowd levels on Monday and Tuesday (4/15 and 4/16) bumped up from a 5 to a 6. I haven't seen a similar move from Touring Plans. Here's the current easyWDW calendar.

http://www.easywdw.com/april13-v3.jpg

Yeah...I'm not too concerned about it. This was the only week we could go and bring along my sister. I think that once you're booked, it's not worth it to pay too close of attention to the crowd calendars, unless you really think you'll switch. Yeah...which park recommendations can be helpful, but ultimately the way you tour will make more of a difference.
I'm much more concerned about how Fastpass+ may affect our touring.

we're early birds, up by 6:00 a.m. people. I can't imagine not getting to a park at rope drop. I would have anxiety!

That's kind of why we've settled on our Rope Drop + Midday break plan. My eyes pop open first thing in the morning, then I'm super jittery until we make it out the door. Also, with a 2 year old, the concept of sleeping in is completely foreign anyways. Nap time is a more reasonable expectation and even then I'm happy to finally have someone to explore the resort with while DH naps!:lmao:

I am so bummed.....i've posted before about DH's lack of Disney Love and how he just tunes out when I (try to) talk about it, but this morning as I was going on about how excited I am that it's just 2 months away, he asked me not to talk about it with him anymore because it ruins his mood and his stomach just plummets when I bring it up because all he thinks about is how he doesn't want to fly. :sad1:
GMAFB! it's a measly 3 hour flight, not like jumping out of a plane or something! :mad: He spoke to his dr. last time he was there and she said she'd call him in a prescription for Xanax or something the week before he goes but jeez, suck it up already. I'm deathly afraid to fly too but guess what? I put the flight part out of my mind until the time comes, then I'm a wreck for a few days, then I fly and am over it. I don't let it dampen my enthusiasm for the trip months and months before hand. UGH! I'm a big fan of not worrying about things in advance

It's ok. My DH loves Disney, and doesn't mind flying, but he still doesn't want to talk about our trip.

A quick question for my April friends - we got our ME package recently (really early, wowsa) but today I found out our flight home has changed. I know I have to call to change it, which I will tomorrow, but they won't send a new package will they? We can just use the old one even though it has the wrong flight info, right?

No, they shouldn't send a new package. You do need to be signed up for the correct return trip, but it doesn't really change anything on your end. Other than when your pick up time is.

Already on the list, but didn't have hotel. Just booked ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE for our April 19-29 trip!! :cool1:
So excited!! Thank goodness for the AP discount. Pool view, but heck we will just be happy to get to experience our first deluxe.

We did Pool View at AKL on our honeymoon and LOVED it!
I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Booked an ADR for the Aloha show at Poly for Wednesday night!!!! We got Category 1 so hopefully we will have good seats. We are going to the 5:15 show....do you think we could tour the resort and watch the fireworks afterwards from there? Or is that a strict no-no?

No. We've done it. Some of the repeat Polynesian guests frown on it, but Disney doesn't care (they probably encourage it). In general, the Poly guests get most upset if they think people are taking away the beach chairs from them, but obviously they have no way of proving where everyone on the beach is staying, so it's really up to you.

ETA: Don't forget about the Water Pageant. I think it passes the Poly at 9pm (it depends on the fireworks schedule) so it's something else to be on the beach to see.

Nope!!

You got half right......

I entered them all into that dining plan spreadsheet calculator thingy, and Boma came out cheapest at $72, followed by Be our Guest at $76. Of course, who knows what we'll order at BoG....the others are easy b/c they're all buffets. Next cheapest after that was Tusker House lunch.

That's exactly what I was going to say.
Be Our Guest being more flexible is precisely why you should pay out of pocket, unless of course every single person plans to order a soda, the steak, and a dessert (around $37). In which case, paying OOP for Tusker House would be a better choice.
I suggest for that particular meal you look at the menu and try to get a general idea of what people will order.
Keep in mind that the dining plan isn't all or nothing. You could use credits for part of the meal, and pay out of pocket for the rest. It does make it a little more complicated, so it kind of depends on how much effort you want to put into getting a good value.

Anyone else have to cancel thanks to NE mega blizzard? We've lost so much school- I'm going to have to work over April vacation = bye bye Disney. Worth it to postpone to summer months (crowds/pricier/humid and hot) ??? Will have a 2 year old and 4 year old. So bummed.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

So after months of researching different vacation options, I think I'll finally book WDW this coming weekend! A big variable was my bonus. We were either going to do Playa Del Carmen, Atlantis, WDW or DC. I have reasons for all of them. I just found out my bonus will give me flexibility to do any of the above. But after looking at everything, WDW really does deliver a lot of bang for the buck. I'll be taking DS8 (who turns 9 during the trip!) and DD7 down without my wife (she needs to save her vacation days for summer).

This board has been a huge asset. We went down to WDW 2 and 3 years ago but we were with other family. This is the first time it will be "our" trip. I know this will give some of you super-planners some anxiety, but I plan on booking everything this weekend for an April 14 (mid-day) to 19th (late afternoon) stay! Do any of you have feedback on the following?

Parks:We will get 5 day park hoppers with water options. We all LOVE any water activity. We'll do RD every day, get in the kids' favorites, and then head to a water park after lunch (or whenever). We will chill during the day as needed. If we have it in us, we'll go back to a park for dinner... especially if we stay at BW. I don't think we will need a full-day to chill, but I see why some people do a resort-day. Which leads me to...

Resort: I'm going to try to get BW or BC via David's DVC rentals. I know you are supposed to make reservations much further in advance, but 2 good sources have told me to try anyway. They've both been able to get what they want at the last minute. They've also not been able to get what they want. Plan B is going to be POFC, POR, or CBR. AoA looks great, but I think I'll like a vibe that is a little more chill. I really LOVE the idea of walking to DHS and Epcot from BW or BC, so I am hopeful for that. We routinely go on 5 to 10 mile bike rides, so walking is no biggie.

Transportation: ME the whole time. I live in Jersey and work in Manhattan, so I take the bus twice a day. I suspect what would irritate the average person taking ME will not cause me to blink. My kids are very easy going, so I don't see them getting stressed much. I will opt for a cab if needed.

Food: I'm going to get grocery essentials delivered on our first day. The kids are just as happy with PB&J as they are with surf and turf, so we will do quick service while in the parks. Maybe a few dinner reservations at DTD. T-Rex is a must for us (not for the food but for the theme). I can't stand the idea of being tied to ADRs when we may hop around. We would rather have the flexibility. We'll probably eat a lot of snacks anyway. DS's only request so far is to get pop-corn each day at the park. I can make that happen!

No. We've done it. Some of the repeat Polynesian guests frown on it, but Disney doesn't care (they probably encourage it). In general, the Poly guests get most upset if they think people are taking away the beach chairs from them, but obviously they have no way of proving where everyone on the beach is staying, so it's really up to you.

ETA: Don't forget about the Water Pageant. I think it passes the Poly at 9pm (it depends on the fireworks schedule) so it's something else to be on the beach to see.

OOOOHHHHH!!!!! I didn't even think of that! That is PERFECT! We'll tour the resort a bit, then watch the Water Pageant and fireworks from the beach! :cheer2:

Anyone else have to cancel thanks to NE mega blizzard? We've lost so much school- I'm going to have to work over April vacation = bye bye Disney. Worth it to postpone to summer months (crowds/pricier/humid and hot) ??? Will have a 2 year old and 4 year old. So bummed.

I know how disappointed you must be. (I had to cancel our trip last year.) I was wondering if this storm could affect some people's vacation time. Sorry to see you are one of them.

Okay let me restart!!

Hi everyone! I am excited to join the April 2013 Dis-group! We just made our reservations today!
We leave on April 23rd at 6am and arrive at MCO at apx 2:15. taking the magical express to our resort Coronondo Springs Resort. This is our first time in a moderate!

This trip is just for me and my DH. We had been trying for a second child of our own for over a year and have learned it won't happen without a petrie dish. and even then there is no guarantee so we decided to give up because the costs are too much (emotionally and financially) It has been difficult to be okay with this choice because the desire to have another child is still there and it doesn't go away. So we thought a distraction would help pass the time. What better distraction then our Favorite place in the world! Disney.

SO today has been a busy day. Plane reservations made, room and park tickets booked, parks days decided on and ADRs complete!

ADRs
April 24th: Crystal Palace Breakfast
April 25th: Biergarten Lunch, Le Cellier Late supper (There is a story behind this adr I will chat about later)
April 26th: Tuskar House Breaky
April 27th: Prime Time supper
April 28th: Be our guest supper
April 29th(My Birthday): Yachtman Steakhouse supper
April 30th: Maya Grill
May 1st: Bubba Gump Shrimp

So in 71 more days I can go home!

Hi! It's been quite awhile since I lasted posted on thie DIS.But then it's been awhile since I was on a Disney trip.
Besides a one day visit to Epcot last February, my last actual Disney trip was back in 2009. So I am really looking forward to going in April.
My family and I (DH ,2 DD ages 25 and 20) and 1 DGD, (21 months at time of visit) will be driving down, and we leave on April 3!
We always drive through the night and expect to arrive in Titusville on the 4/4 right around check in time. We will be in Titusville visiting with my mom who lives there, and then we will head on over to Orlando on the morning of the 6th. Our Disney package doesn't actually start until the 7th, so we will be staying in a near by hotel for the night.My dd's want to spend 4/6 at US & IOA, so my husband and I will be taking our granddaughter to Sea World that day. Then the following day we will all check into a family suite at The Art of Animation Resort.We booked a Nemo suite andare very excited to stay at this resort. My DG loves Finding Nemo, and we know she will be so thrilled to see him at this resort.

My husband and I surprised our DD's with this trip on Christmas day. After they had opened up all thier gifts and some time had gone by, I pretended to find two more gifts that I had forgotten to place under the tree. When they opened these gifts, what they found was a simple chalkboard,outlined with Disney princesses that I had bought at a dollar store. On the chalkboard, I had written, 'Surprise!!! Your going to Disney World in April 2013!!! "
They were pretty happy when they read that ,and then the rest of Christmas day was just talking and making plans for Disney! It was a fun day!

And now we are counting down the days. The trip has been booked and paid for,the dining reservations have been made, and new clothes have already been purchased.My dd's have cleared thier schedules as far as work and school go, and are now working on teaching my DG all about the Disney characters and getting her familiar with Disney characters. I am especially excited to take my granddaughter for her first trip and see Disney World through her eyes, even if they aren't quite 2 years old yet at the time!
We will be there 4/7- 4/15.

It really depends on you. The heat can be manageable, but I've never been very good at managing it. Is there a time in the fall you could go?

So after months of researching different vacation options, I think I'll finally book WDW this coming weekend! A big variable was my bonus. We were either going to do Playa Del Carmen, Atlantis, WDW or DC. I have reasons for all of them. I just found out my bonus will give me flexibility to do any of the above. But after looking at everything, WDW really does deliver a lot of bang for the buck. I'll be taking DS8 (who turns 9 during the trip!) and DD7 down without my wife (she needs to save her vacation days for summer).

This board has been a huge asset. We went down to WDW 2 and 3 years ago but we were with other family. This is the first time it will be "our" trip. I know this will give some of you super-planners some anxiety, but I plan on booking everything this weekend for an April 14 (mid-day) to 19th (late afternoon) stay! Do any of you have feedback on the following?

Parks:We will get 5 day park hoppers with water options. We all LOVE any water activity. We'll do RD every day, get in the kids' favorites, and then head to a water park after lunch (or whenever). We will chill during the day as needed. If we have it in us, we'll go back to a park for dinner... especially if we stay at BW. I don't think we will need a full-day to chill, but I see why some people do a resort-day. Which leads me to...

Resort: I'm going to try to get BW or BC via David's DVC rentals. I know you are supposed to make reservations much further in advance, but 2 good sources have told me to try anyway. They've both been able to get what they want at the last minute. They've also not been able to get what they want. Plan B is going to be POFC, POR, or CBR. AoA looks great, but I think I'll like a vibe that is a little more chill. I really LOVE the idea of walking to DHS and Epcot from BW or BC, so I am hopeful for that. We routinely go on 5 to 10 mile bike rides, so walking is no biggie.

Transportation: ME the whole time. I live in Jersey and work in Manhattan, so I take the bus twice a day. I suspect what would irritate the average person taking ME will not cause me to blink. My kids are very easy going, so I don't see them getting stressed much. I will opt for a cab if needed.

Food: I'm going to get grocery essentials delivered on our first day. The kids are just as happy with PB&J as they are with surf and turf, so we will do quick service while in the parks. Maybe a few dinner reservations at DTD. T-Rex is a must for us (not for the food but for the theme). I can't stand the idea of being tied to ADRs when we may hop around. We would rather have the flexibility. We'll probably eat a lot of snacks anyway. DS's only request so far is to get pop-corn each day at the park. I can make that happen!

Congrats on booking a trip!
Parks: Your plan looks good.
Resort: It can't hurt to try through David's, but it's good you have a back-up plan.
Transportation: I'm an oddball who loves Disney transportation. It's definitely better than any of the public transportation I've experienced elsewhere, and I love that too.
Food: ADRs are really up to you, but it's not that difficult to plan in one or two. I usually go for lunch reservations which has the combined bonus of being during the hottest part of the day and it's easier to make sure I'm in a particular park at that time. Since you'll have hoppers, it will be just as easy to get to a park in the evening as it would be to get to DTD.

OOOOHHHHH!!!!! I didn't even think of that! That is PERFECT! We'll tour the resort a bit, then watch the Water Pageant and fireworks from the beach! :cheer2:

I've always wanted to see the water pageant, but I haven't been able to arrange it into our plans.

Okay let me restart!!

Hi everyone! I am excited to join the April 2013 Dis-group! We just made our reservations today!
We leave on April 23rd at 6am and arrive at MCO at apx 2:15. taking the magical express to our resort Coronondo Springs Resort. This is our first time in a moderate!

This trip is just for me and my DH. We had been trying for a second child of our own for over a year and have learned it won't happen without a petrie dish. and even then there is no guarantee so we decided to give up because the costs are too much (emotionally and financially) It has been difficult to be okay with this choice because the desire to have another child is still there and it doesn't go away. So we thought a distraction would help pass the time. What better distraction then our Favorite place in the world! Disney.

SO today has been a busy day. Plane reservations made, room and park tickets booked, parks days decided on and ADRs complete!

ADRs
April 24th: Crystal Palace Breakfast
April 25th: Biergarten Lunch, Le Cellier Late supper (There is a story behind this adr I will chat about later)
April 26th: Tuskar House Breaky
April 27th: Prime Time supper
April 28th: Be our guest supper
April 29th(My Birthday): Yachtman Steakhouse supper
April 30th: Maya Grill
May 1st: Bubba Gump Shrimp

So in 71 more days I can go home!

I'm really sorry about your fertility problems. I like to go to Disney during rough times as well!

Hi! It's been quite awhile since I lasted posted on thie DIS.But then it's been awhile since I was on a Disney trip.
Besides a one day visit to Epcot last February, my last actual Disney trip was back in 2009. So I am really looking forward to going in April.
My family and I (DH ,2 DD ages 25 and 20) and 1 DGD, (21 months at time of visit) will be driving down, and we leave on April 3!
We always drive through the night and expect to arrive in Titusville on the 4/4 right around check in time. We will be in Titusville visiting with my mom who lives there, and then we will head on over to Orlando on the morning of the 6th. Our Disney package doesn't actually start until the 7th, so we will be staying in a near by hotel for the night.My dd's want to spend 4/6 at US & IOA, so my husband and I will be taking our granddaughter to Sea World that day. Then the following day we will all check into a family suite at The Art of Animation Resort.We booked a Nemo suite andare very excited to stay at this resort. My DG loves Finding Nemo, and we know she will be so thrilled to see him at this resort.

My husband and I surprised our DD's with this trip on Christmas day. After they had opened up all thier gifts and some time had gone by, I pretended to find two more gifts that I had forgotten to place under the tree. When they opened these gifts, what they found was a simple chalkboard,outlined with Disney princesses that I had bought at a dollar store. On the chalkboard, I had written, 'Surprise!!! Your going to Disney World in April 2013!!! "
They were pretty happy when they read that ,and then the rest of Christmas day was just talking and making plans for Disney! It was a fun day!

And now we are counting down the days. The trip has been booked and paid for,the dining reservations have been made, and new clothes have already been purchased.My dd's have cleared thier schedules as far as work and school go, and are now working on teaching my DG all about the Disney characters and getting her familiar with Disney characters. I am especially excited to take my granddaughter for her first trip and see Disney World through her eyes, even if they aren't quite 2 years old yet at the time!
We will be there 4/7- 4/15.

How fun to be taking your grandbaby on her first trip to Disney!
Just keep an open mind about the characters. Some kids that age hate them in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter