• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official April 2013 thread*** SEE POST # 4028

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had to share - I'm so excited that it looks like we may get a little bit of Disney Magic in 2014 - of the California variety!!! I convinced DH last night that I would be more motivated to run and get in better shape (which he's always on me about) if I had a really fun event to train for... like the Tinker Bell Half-Marathon at at Disneyland!:cool1:

He was skeptical at first, reminding me that we have half-marathons here in town all the time. Well DUH! That's not the point. He said, "Oh, you think you need Disney as a reward then. " Yes, exactly :)

I was at first looking at the Princess HM @ WDW, but trying to get to Florida for a 48-hour trip was going to be very tough, California is much more practical for such a short time. It's a 2-hour flight instead of a 4-hour one, and LOTS more options for direct flights, even from our home airport here in Colorado Springs without having to drive to Denver. Then I realized the one at Disneyland is MLK weekend, so we'll even have an extra day to get back.

Now I just have to get ready to run 13 miles :rotfl2: Although I'm sure it will be easier at sea level at least (we live at about 6000 ft). And maybe I won't be quite so depressed when our April trip is over since I'll at least have this little tidbit to look forward to :thumbsup2

Just now realizing that I'm going to have to put the cheeseburgers down and go tanning before the trip. Trying on shorts at the mall yesterday didn't go so well. Lol

:rotfl: I hear you!!! I tried on shorts yesterday, went to button them...and....:scared1: yup, slim fast and a tanning bed are needed here too.

i officially started my diet today. I will be SO depressed if I'm this weight on my trip. I lost a good amount of weight after seeing the pics from our first family WDW trip 2 years ago (I don't know do scales so best guesstimate -- 25-30 lbs.). I got down to about a couple lbs. away from squeezing into a 6. Last April when I went back with just ODS and my sister...... I went thru my closet and gave her ALL of my fat clothes for the trip, and bought myself an entirely new wardrobe. Now I've gained most of the weight back. :sad2: I SWORE on this next trip I was going to get into some pics because I'm one of those people who never gets in pics because i'm always taking them....plus I hate how I look, so I sprung for PPP for this trip and everything. At this point I won't get in any of the pics. If I have to go out and buy all new fat clothes for this trip, I think it will really push me over the edge. It will put a damper on my whole trip. (life, actually :sad1: )
Anyways, I lose best with low carb, so I had 2 HB eggs and a half a banana this a.m..... and I am already flipping RAVENOUS and it's only 10 a.m. It's so hard.

Oh this sounds just like me. 2 trips ago was sick when I saw in a pic how much I had gained. Lost it, got rid of al mt fat clothes and bought new. Now the new ones are too tight:sad:. REFUSE to buy fat clothes again so back to starvation. I blame the DDP for my gain:rotfl: NOT using DDP this trip, paying OOP. Maybe we should start a APRIL WEIGHT LOSS board... sounds like many of us are in the same boat:rotfl2:

Congrats on booking a trip!
Parks: Your plan looks good.
Resort: It can't hurt to try through David's, but it's good you have a back-up plan.
Transportation: I'm an oddball who loves Disney transportation. It's definitely better than any of the public transportation I've experienced elsewhere, and I love that too.
Food: ADRs are really up to you, but it's not that difficult to plan in one or two. I usually go for lunch reservations which has the combined bonus of being during the hottest part of the day and it's easier to make sure I'm in a particular park at that time. Since you'll have hoppers, it will be just as easy to get to a park in the evening as it would be to get to DTD.

Thank you!

i officially started my diet today. I will be SO depressed if I'm this weight on my trip. I lost a good amount of weight after seeing the pics from our first family WDW trip 2 years ago (I don't know do scales so best guesstimate -- 25-30 lbs.). I got down to about a couple lbs. away from squeezing into a 6. Last April when I went back with just ODS and my sister...... I went thru my closet and gave her ALL of my fat clothes for the trip, and bought myself an entirely new wardrobe. Now I've gained most of the weight back. :sad2: I SWORE on this next trip I was going to get into some pics because I'm one of those people who never gets in pics because i'm always taking them....plus I hate how I look, so I sprung for PPP for this trip and everything. At this point I won't get in any of the pics. If I have to go out and buy all new fat clothes for this trip, I think it will really push me over the edge. It will put a damper on my whole trip. (life, actually :sad1: )
Anyways, I lose best with low carb, so I had 2 HB eggs and a half a banana this a.m..... and I am already flipping RAVENOUS and it's only 10 a.m. It's so hard.
Tell me about it! I decided to have a pear for breakfast and ten minuted later I was just dying wondering how people can live on such little food.Lol.

Tell me about it! I decided to have a pear for breakfast and ten minuted later I was just dying wondering how people can live on such little food.Lol.

I've been through this enough times; the first few days are just SO hard, I feel like I'm DYING of starvation, lol. I wish you could just take something to knock you out for the first 3 days...kind of like a detox, lol. :rotfl2:

I've been saying I'm going to start practically every day for months now but today I MEAN IT!!! (hopefully :confused3 )

Isn't there weight loss board on the DIS somewhere? We should check it out. Or else I can start a group on FB if there's enough of us interested, so we don't clutter up this thread.

I've been through this enough times; the first few days are just SO hard, I feel like I'm DYING of starvation, lol. I wish you could just take something to knock you out for the first 3 days...kind of like a detox, lol. :rotfl2:

I've been saying I'm going to start practically every day for months now but today I MEAN IT!!! (hopefully :confused3 )

Isn't there weight loss board on the DIS somewhere? We should check it out. Or else I can start a group on FB if there's enough of us interested, so we don't clutter up this thread.

That would be great!

Oh look a thread for everyone going in April :idea: count us in! Is it sad that I have a dining spreadsheet? How we're saving spreadsheet and custom calendars showing park times with crowd level overlay? Any one want to critique my itinerary?

April 19th - We're driving straight through from MI and arriving around 4pm to check in to WBC. (yes we know what we're getting into, we'reexperienced long haul drivers) Probably grocery shop after dropping lugggage and pick up a pizza for dinner before falling into a coma.
April 20th - Sleep, eat, hit the pool repeat. Maybe walk around DTD if we feel up to it.
21st - Parks are all high crowds so we will probably tour some resorts or use some free tickets for Ripleys or Wonderworks.
22nd - Go to rope drop at MK, upgrade our tix to PAP's and get TiW and DS's GAC at City Hall. Supposed to be a high crowd day and the last time we were there it was a mad dash from one ride/character to the next so we won't plan to hit any rides. We're going to take the morning to stroll a bit, maybe check out Fantasyland. Head back to the condo for early lunch, naps and pick up DH's sister from the airport. (She's coming down to help nanny for a few days:worship:) DH will pick the rest of us up and we'll head to HS to see BATB & the parade. We'll see what other rides we get in.
Back to the condo for dinner with the kids then DH & I are going to Wolfgang Puck in DTD for a late night Appetizer/dessert.

23rd -MK day. Rope Drop, ETWB, Barnstormer and SM being the musts along with lunch at BOG. Then about 2:30 head to Blizzard Beach (DS's chair fully reclines and has a full sunshade/tent so he'll nap on the go) - "Home" by dinner to drop the kids and go to The Wave for dinner and then back to MK for fireworks. I might even try a rollercoaster since I'll have DH to sink my freaked out nails into.:rotfl:

24th - Epcot - Future World in the morning. The kids LOVE the Nemo pavilion. Late Lunch at Yorkshire Fish Shop (SIL hasn't had fish n chips:scared1:) Then heading to Typhoon Lagoon for afternoon. Drop the kids & SIL for dinner and DH & I will head back to Epcot Chefs de France for dinner and then Illuminations. Might wander the boardwalk or pop over to DTD for dessert after park close.

25th - AK day - We've never been to AK so I'm giving it a full day. Lunch at Rainforest with the whole gang. Hubby and I will drink & snack our way around Epcot in the evening (we we do love Epcot!)

26th - The morning will be up to SIL because she has to leave later that afternoon and the trip is right before her 16th BD so I'm thinking we'll do something special. We'll probably hit a water park in the afternoon after she leaves and then take the kids to see Wishes & the Parade.

27th & 28th we'll spend away from the parks, maybe Kennedy Space Center or just hang out at the resort. The 27th will be spent driving down to see some relatives for the day.

29th - Attempt to make opening at HS and ride TSM. It's DS's favorite. HS doesn't have any other major draws for us since we'll have already seen BATB & Pixar Parade (oh for a Carsland!) I'd like to do the Star Wars Flight thing again. We'll probably do a water park in the afternoon and then EP for fireworks.The kids really liked that last year. Probably just hit random CS for meals this day. Although DD9 wants a falafel again. So maybe CS at Epcot for dinner.

30th -Back to MK. We are determined to just relax this trip and fit in what we can easily. PPF, SM, Ariel Ride & POTC being the hits today. Cosmic Rays for lunch & Pecos Bill for dinner. Must have Latte Float! (or 3) Might even stay for Wishes again. Or head back after dinner and swim at the resort

May 1st - Early morning at HS to snag TSM - Afternoon at GKTW volunteering & having an alumni visit. Going to be so much fun to give back a little!

May 2nd -Breakfast at AOA - Landscapes - Then head to AK or a waterpark. Epcot for a dine around dinner. My kids will eat ANYTHING so we love showering them with all the different foods from around the world.

May 3rd - Sleep in as late as possible. Check out and pack up. Hit MK for a last hurrah for a couple hours after lunch (just to say we did!) then start the drive home. Might end up stopping overnight on the way back.

Sound reasonable? Anything I'm missing that I really shouldn't be? What is everyone else planning? Or I'll actually take the time tonight to read the whole thread:surfweb:

I want to join in on the weight loss by April!!!

I keep saying I am starting every Monday but never do!! I feel horrible! It's ok now Bc I can wear nice comfy hoodies everyday in the cold weather-- but I can't even imagine putting shorts and tees on with how uncomfortable I feel.. Ugh!

I hear ya! I did low carb for 2 weeks and felt much better but then I went back to my old ways.:mad: I'd love to be part of a FB weight loss group! :thumbsup2

My DH is so funny sometimes. We've been "soft planning" this trip since about August and started booking things a month ago once we figured out his work schedule and DS's health status. The hotel is paid for, DSIL's ticket is booked, money is already set aside to buy discount gift cards for gas & park meals, tickets purchased, ADR's booked and I've been talking about the trip nightly for weeks. Half way through we even decided to upgrade to PAP's while there. He hasn't been at all excited. The Park Tickets arrive from UT and NOW my husband turns to me and says "HEY HONEY WE'RE REALLY DOING THIS! WE"RE GOING TO DISNEY!":lmao: No really you don't say? I thought that was obvious when we booked non-refundable airfare for your sister and told the kids! Wait til he gets the credit card bill in 2 days, then he'll really know!:rotfl2:

On a side note this is how we told our kids:

Last year I used a coupon for a free photobook from Shutterfly and right before Christmas finally got around to making an album of DS's MAW trip. We hid it waiting for the moment. Once we settled on the date I took an envelope, printed WDW themed address labels (and cut out a used stamp) to look like Disney World had sent the kids a package and put it in the mailbox before they woke up. We had a special event to attend that night so I told the kids we'd have pancakes for breakfast. Daddy got the mail and they were so excited to open it and see the photobook, they were enjoying looking at the pictures when I "suddenly" got the bright idea to make Mickey shaped pancakes instead of regular ones. As we were eating DH took out the video camera and started asking the kids what their favorite memories from the trip were. Half way through I asked them what was sticking out from under their plates. They looked confused but then lifted their plates. Underneath I had put "tickets" that I'd printed to look like MYW passes with their names and travel dates. (our real tickets hadn't arrived). It took quite a while for it to sink in that we were going again! Boy were they excited when it finally hit them! We then produced a countdown calendar and they crossed off the first day. The "tickets" are proudly taped up by their beds (they are convinced they are the real deal) and everyday they decide who gets to cross off and recount the days left. At the two month mark we'll start the crafting and sewing and at the one month mark the movie marathons. :happytv:

And I'm excited to be wearing 16s this trip instead of 22s. My "skinny" is bigger than your "fat." I'm already planning to have the Photopass photographers take pictures (with our camera) in the same places we did in 2010.

Please, don't ever avoid the camera because of your size. It is more important to your kids that you were there (and that they can see that you were there) than what size you are. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter