***Official April 2013 thread*** SEE POST # 4028

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, I thought I'd have booked by now but at the moment we can't even afford to pay attention, never mind think about a WDW trip. I'm hoping once DH is back to work in September things will turn around.

you can book a room only through disney and add the AAA discount. You cannot add tix and dining plan with this though. That would require going through AAA and I won't do that. Right now I have AAA room only (10% off) for POR through Disney. Thinking of switching to AOA. I thought I read that there have been general public codes that excluded the AOA rooms?

ah ok, yeah, that won't help me, we like the dining plan! Not to mention I don't want to book through AAA. I am too much of a control freak with my reservation!

I know I like total control too, which is why I won't go through AAA, hoping and waiting for something better that the 10% off POR, probably switching to AOA with tix and dining plan and then pray to the disney code gods for a discount :rotfl:

fingers, toes, legs, arms :rotfl2: I was looking at the pics with my son Luke and he was like " we are definitely staying there!" even after I told him that our room would be Little mermaid. :thumbsup2 I do think Disney should have incorporated some standard rooms in ALL the themes :sad2: Oh well its cheaper than POR.

Any one doing a pre-trip report? If so, send me your link and I will incorporate it into the first post. I'm sorry I didn't think of this earlier. I could have saved the second post on this thread for that and / or ADRs. What can I say -- I'm new at this! I've been looking at some of the other threads to get ideas for this one. Learning as I go, just a little slower because of all the grey hair on my head. :goodvibes

I'm not doing a PTR. I have always said I wanted to do a trip report or dining reviews, but I never do. Maybe now that there is wifi through out I'll do a live report.

I like the thought of having everyone's ADRs listed.

We have a trip planned for 4/19-4/27! So excited to stay at AoA for our first night and then 7 nights at our home resort BLT!!!

It will be for my birthday and our first trip with the new baby due this fall. Since we dont know his name yet we had to register him as "baby" You know you are a Disney Freak when you are planning your unborn babies first trip!!!:lmao:

We are planning our first WDW trip and are fired up!! We are looking at 4/27-5/3. We haven't "for sure" decided on the resort. I'm so happy to plan this trip and LOVE the forum. I bought a book, but have learned Waaaay more from the forum. I'm ready for discounts to be posted, but from what I read I need to wait another month:). See y'all there!!

We have a trip planned for 4/19-4/27! So excited to stay at AoA for our first night and then 7 nights at our home resort BLT!!!

It will be for my birthday and our first trip with the new baby due this fall. Since we dont know his name yet we had to register him as "baby" You know you are a Disney Freak when you are planning your unborn babies first trip!!!:lmao:

So, is your baby going to end up with a Disney name? I have friends that brought back "souvenirs" from their Disney trips. One souvenir turns 2 yo this month from their Thanksgiving trip to DL and the next souvenir is due in September from their WDW trip last Christmas. But no Disney names for their babies.

We are planning our first WDW trip and are fired up!! We are looking at 4/27-5/3. We haven't "for sure" decided on the resort. I'm so happy to plan this trip and LOVE the forum. I bought a book, but have learned Waaaay more from the forum. I'm ready for discounts to be posted, but from what I read I need to wait another month:). See y'all there!!

All I ever needed to know about Disney I've learned here on the DIS. While there may occasionally be some misinformation, there are enough people in the know that things quickly get corrected. Not so on a FB Disney fan page I recently joined. :rotfl: Lots of misinformation there.

I think we may have a longer wait for those April discounts than just a month. If they come earlier than November, I will be surprised. I expect to see discounts perhaps in late Dec. but more likely in January. I base my expectations on information found here: http://www.mousesavers.com/historicalwdwdiscounts.html

airfare is stressing me out :sad: I keep watching and waiting. We always book our air early, I can't believe the prices. No afforable air.....No Disney in April for us. Oh yeah and my credit on Jetblue expires tomorrow :crazy2: I guess we could wait for SW and just lose out on our credit, but SW fares have been crazy high too.

So, is your baby going to end up with a Disney name? I have friends that brought back "souvenirs" from their Disney trips. One souvenir turns 2 yo this month from their Thanksgiving trip to DL and the next souvenir is due in September from their WDW trip last Christmas. But no Disney names for their babies.

Funny you should ask....his middle name will be Elias....Walt's middle name too! hehehe My DS1's name is Silas so it also goes with that ;)

All I ever needed to know about Disney I've learned here on the DIS. While there may occasionally be some misinformation, there are enough people in the know that things quickly get corrected. Not so on a FB Disney fan page I recently joined. :rotfl: Lots of misinformation there.

I think we may have a longer wait for those April discounts than just a month. If they come earlier than November, I will be surprised. I expect to see discounts perhaps in late Dec. but more likely in January. I base my expectations on information found here: http://www.mousesavers.com/historicalwdwdiscounts.html

Funny you should ask....we actually waited until after our last WDW to try for this baby and my DS1 was after a trip as well. I like to be able to drink in Epcot and ride RnR and ToT! :goodvibes And this baby's middle name will be Elias....same as Walt's! :thumbsup2

airfare is stressing me out :sad: I keep watching and waiting. We always book our air early, I can't believe the prices. No afforable air.....No Disney in April for us. Oh yeah and my credit on Jetblue expires tomorrow :crazy2: I guess we could wait for SW and just lose out on our credit, but SW fares have been crazy high too.

now you're stressing *me* out, lol. And I don't even normally start *thinking* about airfare 'til like 3-4 months before the trip. You're looking at Logan, right?

Sorry to stress you out! In all our years going to WDW we have always traveled in the spring and never seen air prices like now! I usually book out of BDL, but have been looking at BOS, PVD and now even airports further away...but we really don't want to have to drive 2 1/2 hours to an airport.

I'm j/k, I'm not really stressing (yet, lol). I imagine once all the airlines put out their fares, they will come down.

can you go down Friday afternoon the 12th on a 2:30 flight? There's a 1-way flight on JB for $135 each way. That way your credit wouldn't go to waste

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter