1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

***Official April 2013 thread*** SEE POST # 4028

Discussion in 'Doing the Happy Dance!' started by pwdebbie, Apr 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TJDisneymama

TJDisneymama DIS Veteran

Air Tran comes out in Sept. so once those come out I hope I can book, probably AT one way and then JB or SW the other way. But I'm not booking if we're talking like $600-$700/pp!: eek: I'm sure they'll go down at some point so I'm not too worried.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. momtwoboys

momtwoboys DIS Veteran

where does airtan fly out of? Off to look :)

4. trtl6941

trtl6941 Mouseketeer

Thanks! I need the get RT leaving on 4/10 and returning 4/21 (going to sarasota for a few days first). Looks like it might be Sept. until I can book :eek:

5. pwdebbie

pwdebbie DIS Veteran

Well, I'm working on dining so I'll be ready when the day comes that I can make ADRs (Oct. 17). We prefer our biggest meal at lunch but some meals will have to be in the dinner hour. Also, we will do all morning EMH parks with lunch in that park if possible, then afternoon break in the room, and back out to a non-evening-EMH park for the rest of the day. We have ten days to work with and do not use the dining plan.

Morning EMH at:
    AK -- unsure where to eat since Tusker House is now a character meal. This will probably be an "eat dinner" night somewhere else.
    EP -- Biergarten and LeCellier lunch for sure. Tutto Italia, Coral Reef, Rose and Crown, Teppan Edo, Tokyo Dining, and Via Napoli are other considerations.
    HS -- 50s Prime Time
    MK -- Liberty Tree Tavern, maybe Tony's Town Square.

Evening, non-EMH at:
    AK -- closes too early to go there after the break in our room.
    EP -- Le Cellier for sure. Tutto Italia, Coral Reef, Rose and Crown, Teppan Edo, Tokyo Dining, and Via Napoli are other considerations. (We don't do Biergarten in the evening because it is just too much food.)
    HS -- nothing appeals.
    MK -- nothing appeals.

HEY! Now that you've made me put everything concisely in writing instead of in my head or scattered in my "Disney ideas for the next trip" document, I see that most likely, the only park I will eat an evening meal in will be Epcot. Thanks! I needed to bring my thoughts together and you made me do just that. :thumbsup2

Our other places to eat are:
    'Ohana and Boma -- both are definite must-do places.

Other options I'm considering are:
    Jiko or Sanaa
    Cape May Cafe
    Hoop-Dee-Doo or Trails End -- just because I want an excuse to go over to see Fort Wilderness, haven't ever been over there
    The Wave
    Fresh Mediterranean Market
    Shula's Steakhouse
    Narcoosee's
    Kona Cafe
    Boatwrights
    Captain's Grille
    Yachtsman Steakhouse
    Cap'n Jacks

Ok, so obviously, I have a lot of narrowing down to accomplish by Oct. 17! Dh likes seafood, I like Italian and steak.

6. momtwoboys

momtwoboys DIS Veteran

oooh now I'm hungry!!! You have some of our favorites!!! :goodvibes

7. TJDisneymama

TJDisneymama DIS Veteran

AT flies out of Logan. I always seem to end up on them so they must be cheap, lol.

8. momtwoboys

momtwoboys DIS Veteran

The steak at Sanaa was amazing!!!! We couldn't believe it! Ordered it for our youngest son, as he doesn't like things in gravy, and wasn't feeling tandoori chicken and we all kept sticking our forks into his steak. He even told the waitress that his steak was better that the one he ate in "Canada" No joke!

I had the lamb, and beef in the gravy , and loved it! My DH had the shrimp and lamb, and other DS had the shrimp and chicken we love those sauces with the basmati rice :)

9. pwdebbie

pwdebbie DIS Veteran

I'll have to keep that in mind. I just looked at the menu and the prices don't look too bad. Thanks!

10. DMLAINI

DMLAINI Mouseketeer

We are going 4/20-4/27. I have been 3 times, but this is the first trip I'm planning.

11. Missy13d69

Missy13d69 DIS Veteran

This is the first time I've seen this thread, I need to come to this board more.

We will be at Disney the 19th to the 27th.

I have all of our dining figured out as of last night, and I'm (not so) patiently waiting for our 180 day mark so i can make our ADRs.

12. Jessij25

Jessij25 Earning My Ears

Welcome!!! By the way my hubby's name is Jeremy too. I have not figured out our dining yet but I know it will include 'Ohana!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

13. Missy13d69

Missy13d69 DIS Veteran

Thanks!

I wanted to do the Ohana character breakfast because Stitch is my favorite character, but I decided to the Supercalafragilistic Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare, because I figure my oldest will get a huge kick out of the sundae bar for breakfast. I'm an awesome mom. I traded seeing my fav. character, for the thrill of feeding my kids a horrible breakfast. :rotfl:It's Disney! Gotta make the most of it!

14. Missy13d69

Missy13d69 DIS Veteran

I realize I forgot to mention that we are staying offsite at Windsor Hills.

15. mkleinbe

mkleinbe DIS Veteran

Just booked at Art of Animation for 4/13-4/20. Finding Nemo Suite. The new resort looks amazing! I look forward to planning with all you guys! :dance3:

16. momtwoboys

momtwoboys DIS Veteran

the pics of AOA are making me rethink....mostly I am afraid if a code comes out that they will be excluded from all discounts :sad1: The only one I think I could qualify for now is AAA.

17. mkleinbe

mkleinbe DIS Veteran

There are people getting the free dining codes at the end of this year at AoA. I'm hoping for the best, but if we don't get a code then we're prepared to pay rack rate. Crazy, I know but we need the room of the family suite and I love the theming of the new resort.

18. trtl6941

trtl6941 Mouseketeer

I sure hope something comes out! If not, is the AAA discount worth the cost of signing up? I don't have AAA. Can I just add it to my existing reservation or do I need to rebook through AAA?

19. momtwoboys

momtwoboys DIS Veteran

you can book a room only through disney and add the AAA discount. You cannot add tix and dining plan with this though. That would require going through AAA and I won't do that. Right now I have AAA room only (10% off) for POR through Disney. Thinking of switching to AOA. I thought I read that there have been general public codes that excluded the AOA rooms?

20. TJDisneymama

TJDisneymama DIS Veteran

I think the only rooms that have been excluded from discounts so far have been the Little Mermaid rooms and that's because there is such high demand for them right now. It's near impossible to get a LM room for any time this year. So I guess if the demand stays so high for them, they will continue to be excluded. Maybe the novelty will wear off?

21. momtwoboys

momtwoboys DIS Veteran

and of course the LM room is what we would be booking! No need for a suite, especially at the rate they are priced at :sad2: I could get a AAA discount which I think comes to 9% :rotfl2: between not knowing what resort to stay at, not liking the airfare prices, and flip flopping on the dining plan...this trip planning is becoming quite depressing this year:crazy2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.