***Official April 2013 thread*** SEE POST # 4028

Discussion in 'Doing the Happy Dance!' started by pwdebbie, Apr 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jenjifer

jenjifer Mouseketeer

Finally booked flights and the room, so hooray, I finally have a ticker!

We'll be at POFQ from April 11-19. Now let the obsessive planning begin!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. pwdebbie

pwdebbie DIS Veteran

Updated the first post and noticed that your dates and resort are the exact same as wvasweetness.

4. MMS1125

MMS1125 "You can design and create, and build the most won

We're moving our trip til May :( Sad about it being further away but it works out better for us.

5. pwdebbie

pwdebbie DIS Veteran

I'm sorry to have you leave us. I think early May is still a nice time to go. If our anniversary and dh's birthday weren't in April, I'd probably choose May. Have fun planning your trip!

6. Rayvnn

Rayvnn WDW with two kids

I might have to move my trip to June, so my son won't miss any school.

Leslie

7. momtwoboys

momtwoboys DIS Veteran

anyone find decent airfare for April? Or did you pay top dollar? Ugh.

8. PRPrincess1081

PRPrincess1081 Mouseketeer

I did on Jetblue for 280 a person compared to 460 a person on United roundtrip.

I didn't book it yet only because my daughter's father has plenty of miles on United due to his job which makes him travel weekly out of the country

9. momtwoboys

momtwoboys DIS Veteran

I can't find anything decent :worried:

10. trtl6941

trtl6941 Mouseketeer

I'm still waiting on Southwest, I have a bunch of points to use. Hoping for $250 or less R/T since we have to buy 5 tickets :eek:

11. momtwoboys

momtwoboys DIS Veteran

If I wait for southwest, my jetblue credit will expire...I am stuck. Wish Southwest released their schedule sooner!

12. trtl6941

trtl6941 Mouseketeer

Ohhhh, sorry, I missed that, ugh!! That stinks!

13. momtwoboys

momtwoboys DIS Veteran

its ok! Don't be sorry!! I just wonder if Southwest's prices will be better? Worth losing out on our credit??

14. trtl6941

trtl6941 Mouseketeer

I am hoping they are good! Last time we went we got $200 RT! But...this time we are going over Spring Break so I am sure they won't be THAT good! Hoping for $250 RT or lower :confused3

15. TJDisneymama

TJDisneymama DIS Veteran

when do you need to use your credit by? I always thought prices are generally pretty high until you get closer to the date (like 3-4 mos.). I never even start looking for airfare until then. Since youre in my area though, I will say that we went that week (april vacation) this past April and prices *never* went down for that week. I searched obsessively 24/7 for a good month, lol. BUT, that was sort of a last minute (6 weeks) trip so maybe the prices were lower a couple months beforehand. That's what I' hoping. I ended up paying over $500/pp. Priced dropped way down for the week before and the week after, but never that week.

16. momtwoboys

momtwoboys DIS Veteran

I flew the same week too last year...actually the last 3 years! I always have got the best prices with jetblue booking in the summer. I think my last credit was issued on Aug 2, I had 3 price drops from the time I originally booked last July. The original price was high, but no where near as high as this year! It started out at 330. per person, and we ended up with a nice credit. But it will suck if these prices do not go down and I lose out. When I used to fly southwest YES we waited...because they take so long to put out their schedule. Once SW put out their schedule last year it was about the same as what I got on JB so we were happy that for the same cost we got assigned seats and TV!!!! Trying to stay positive here :thumbsup2

17. trtl6941

trtl6941 Mouseketeer

When I booked southwest last time, I booked as SOON as the dates opened up and I am glad I did. They just went up up up!

18. momtwoboys

momtwoboys DIS Veteran

when do they open up again?

19. trtl6941

trtl6941 Mouseketeer

No idea :( They just opened up through March 8th, so getting there!

20. Rayvnn

Rayvnn WDW with two kids

We are currently accepting air reservations through March 8, 2013. On August 27, 2012, we will open our schedule for sale through April 12, 2013. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

http://www.southwest.com/html/travel-tools/index.html

21. momtwoboys

momtwoboys DIS Veteran

thanks! Anyone have any other planning that they want to share?? I am kinda at a standstill....once flights are booked then I can enjoy the planning better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.