Official Amazing Race 21 Thread - NO SPOILERS!

The final destination was New York City
hmmm ... which team might that favor.

Perhaps ... the team that lives and works in the City.

Seemed a bit one sided from that point on.

Odds were stacked up against other teams

in favor of the underdogs (slow-bumbling-last place team).

my2cents

It's not the first time the final leg was in a city where one team had a supposed advantage.

Quick poll: did anyone not recognize the UN?

Yup, right away.

I can't stand how they refer to the Beekmans as "the gays", what's wrong with the goat farmers?

Yeah, that bothered me too. The only time I could see doing it is if the boys actually asked to be referred to as that. Can't imagine why anyone would though.

I really wanted Jaymes and James to win, however the last three teams were nice.

Kinda of weird there were no previews for next season

I don't recall ever seeing previews for the next season. Sure you're not thinking of Survivor?

Getting out of the straight jacket looked simple and fast enough, but I know I would have struggled. I have an old shoulder injury and really cant lift my left arm over my head, like they all did.

I got the impression that the teams were told how to get out of the jackets. Of course that wouldn't have helped you if you've got a bad shoulder.

I think the Rockers would have smoked everyone on that last challenge. They seemed to be more in tune with the people of the countries and I seem to recall that they repeated back "hello" and "goodbye" on the mat.

That's true! Too bad we'll never know.

I wondered why Josh asked the guy about the dog (in French) in front of the other teams, when he could have asked someone privately and not revealed the location to the other teams.

I think he knew simple phrases and words from French 101 but to ask where is the stone dog and please reply in French so the others do not know what you are saying was a little more French than he knew.

No problem with the winners but overall they were probably the least deserving off all the winners. They made so many mistakes along the way it just goes to show how weak this group of racers was.

I agree. And it seemed unfair that the last leg was in NYC - where one of them has lived for 5 years. Not a great ending for me. :rolleyes:

I don't think NYC gave an advantage to the winners. It was anyone's game until the final challange. The girl had a meltdown and wasn't thinking clearly on the challange. The chip did ok, but the goat farmer kept his cool, had a little better "knack" for languages, and finished the challange first. The chips weren't far behind. Also, the goat farmers had a bit of trouble finding the finish line.

I though it was a good season. I was so happy the twin's were eliminate. I didn't like their attitude that they deserved/wanted the win more than the farmers.

Long time reader of this thread; first time commenter. I don't think the fact that the final destination was NYC gave Josh and Brent any advantage, but if it had, I surely think it would have been totally random. I'm glad the producers don't say, "We can't have this pair on because...."

My favorite bit of serendipity was the guy several seasons back (smart fellows---loved them, and I think they won) who spoke Japanese. That was huge! Oh, and of course, Victor and his sister spoke Chinese.

Quick poll: did anyone not recognize the UN?

I did but DS15 did not. I actually went there on a field trip in 6th grade!

I was also pulling for Jaymes & James, but happy to see the Beekmans win it. Loved seeing Brent block the other players while running for the dog statue, and him yelling "Enjoy your speed bump!" to the twins. I wondered why Josh asked the guy about the dog (in French) in front of the other teams, when he could have asked someone privately and not revealed the location to the other teams.

While I realize Abby and Ryan were happy to see ANYBODY win it besides the 3 teams that ganged up on them, it looked like they were really rubbing it in Jaymes & James' faces the way they were jumping up & down at the Beekmans' win.

I didnt see it that way at all! I think they formed such a close bond with the Beekmans, working together, getting flight delayed together. I think they were surprised and thrilled for them.

As for NYC being the last leg, I am sure all of that is predetermined before the race starts. There are plenty of people who knew other cities as well. I didnt see an advanatge for the Beekmans. He kept his cool during the UN challenge. I said it right before he did, stop making it a language challange and make it a math challenge!

The Twinnies were awful, and karma is a b....!

I was rooting for the Chippendales but I am ok with the Beekmans

SO SO happy that Josh and Brent won! Loved how they played the game.

As someone who has lived in NYC for the last 5 years, I would not have had ANY advantage in the last leg. And I'm sure nor did Josh and Brent. Besides knowing where the UN is located (and any cab driver would too), there was nothing that gave an advantage to someone who lived there.

The twinnies were HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE! I liked them in the first few episodes, thought they were gutsy and go-getters but wow, they turned into nasty pieces of work. I can't think that they will be proud to see the shows and how they acted.

And I don't think it's a cultural thing, because they are Sri Lankan or whatever. Respect for other human beings, basic courtesies are universal and their parents should have taught them better.

Even Trey and Lexi were not downright mean, they were just trying to get a head, as any racer would be. They didn't resort to name calling and dirty tricks (except the money thing). I would not be proud to be Trey and Lexi either but would certainly hate to be a Twinnie or one of their parents.

Now, the Chippies's parents can be proud. Sure, their boys take their clothes off for money, but they have good manners, are polite, respectful and most of all kind. And kindness goes a long way. The Long Haired Rockers too.

I was very surprised the Beekman boys ended up winning, but I was fine with it even though I would have preferred Jaymes and James. I was so happy when the Twinnies were eliminated, did not want them winning it for sure!! I enjoyed the season and hope it comes back for another season.

The Beekman boys say [URL="http://beekman1802.com/7-billion-thank-you-notes/?fb_action_ids=10200185477989369&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map={%2210200185477989369%22%3A303233106445253}&action_type_map={%2210200185477989369%22%3A%22og.likes%22}&action_ref_map=[]"Xie xie, Terima kasih, Dhanyabad, Sagolun, Spasibo, Dank je, Gracias, Merci & Thank you"[/URL]

The Amazing Race 22 will begin February 17, 2013. CBS officially announced the season on December 6, 2012.

For Survivor fans :-)cheer2:) it appears they officially get another season as well, beginning February 13.

I was happy with the outcome. I wanted the Chippies to win, but the Beekmans were a close second for me. Was VERY VERY glad to see the Twinnies get the axe. My DS was walking through our living room during the dog feeding scene (while I was watching the show) and he stopped dead in his tracks and was completely shocked to hear those Twinnies saying "evil gays"...he couldn't believe his ears. Anyway...nice season, very different than past races but still was great to watch. Below is a link to a mini-interview of the Beekmans. They really won the race with such class and grace.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsideth...n-teammates-snub-and-coasting-to-victory.html

That ending was crazy! It was "my" team that won, so I'm $10 richer. I couldn't believe they won. I subscribe to the Beekman blog, but luckily I didn't read it, as we have to wait until Monday to watch on streaming. That would have ruined the show for me.

It was because the final task was cerebral. They seemed to excel on those, and shoot themselves in the foot on everything else. Like the time zones they seemed to get faster than everyone else, so as long as they came into it with enough time, they would do well.

We all laughed when Texas said "there are literally 1000s of ways to do this correctly"...uh...no, there's only 1. I also couldn't believe they didn't recognize the UN.

At the beginning my family all picks a team after round 1. We've always picked the top 3 among us. I SO did not think that was the case this time. But we did. It was a good season, looking forward to Feb.

The Beekman boys say...

For some reason, that link won't open for me but if "7 Billion 'Thank You' Notes" is what you've linked to.... isn't it a wonderful blog?!?! Those two guys are so very humble and gracious and THAT is what made me root for them (and what made me think that they wouldn't win :upsidedow).

So.. for more reasons than just winning the race... YAY Beekman Boys!! :yay: :lovestruc

ashley0139 said:
SO SO happy that Josh and Brent won! Loved how they played the game.

As someone who has lived in NYC for the last 5 years, I would not have had ANY advantage in the last leg. And I'm sure nor did Josh and Brent. Besides knowing where the UN is located (and any cab driver would too), there was nothing that gave an advantage to someone who lived there.

I agree. I lived in the New York City area all my life. NY is a big place and there neighborhoods I know little about, much less been too. I can't tell you the last time I was in Coney Island. And while I knew the UN symbol and where it's located, it would only have been an advantage if it had to get there on my own. Once cabbies were involved, any cab driver worth his salt would know the major sites in NY

For some reason, that link won't open for me but if "7 Billion 'Thank You' Notes" is what you've linked to.... isn't it a wonderful blog?!?! Those two guys are so very humble and gracious and THAT is what made me root for them (and what made me think that they wouldn't win :upsidedow).

So.. for more reasons than just winning the race... YAY Beekman Boys!! :yay: :lovestruc

Loved that gingerbread thing they did of all the other racers...wow, these guys are A+ guys!

Loved that gingerbread thing they did of all the other racers...wow, these guys are A+ guys!

Right?!? Those gingerbread people had me :rotfl2: The tall and short teacher.... the twinnies with their hair down one shoulder... the Chippies' abs.... :lmao: and the kind-hearted notes about each and every team. :thumbsup2

Right?!? Those gingerbread people had me :rotfl2: The tall and short teacher.... the twinnies with their hair down one shoulder... the Chippies' abs.... :lmao: and the kind-hearted notes about each and every team. :thumbsup2

Love the gingerbread people too. I left a congratulatory note too.

The best team won. I was fine with J and J or the Beekmans! So glad the twins lost, they were mean. The editing gives away many clues, i kinda had an idea, but when the Beekmans were the only one that knew the UN seal, I figured the task would be mental more than physical and they could beat the other teams.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter