Official Amazing Race 21 Thread - NO SPOILERS!

i imagine they had to bungee jump one at a time because there's no telling what direction they'll bounce in and you cant have people swinging and crashing into each other. they probably had three different cranes so they wont have to reset everything each time.

It was more a statement of the quality of this group overall compared to past years. Even in this version there were teams that raced better races but couldn't win the last leg. You have to give them credit for sticking around but can you honestly remember a winner who performed so poorly on so many legs?

I agree that it was a pretty weak season. It seemed as if throughout most of the season, the majority of the teams couldn't make it through the race without grouping up for most of the tasks. Everyone kept helping each other along the way and it got pretty annoying after awhile. Last night was telling -- when the twinnies had an extra task (brought on to themselves by losing a leg of the race, no less), they got insulted for some reason that other teams didn't wait for them to complete it. :confused3

This was the first season in a while that I remember where the final 3 were pretty much all together for the final leg. Seems like many of the past seasons, there was at least one team that had fallen pretty far behind.

i imagine they had to bungee jump one at a time because there's no telling what direction they'll bounce in and you cant have people swinging and crashing into each other. they probably had three different cranes so they wont have to reset everything each time.

Very true.

What seems strange to me though is this; if the second team to go took hours to get out of the straightjacket, then two things would happen. The third team to go gets stuck sitting and waiting for hours, while the first team could essentationally get ahead by a few hours.

Getting out of the straight jacket looked simple and fast enough, but I know I would have struggled. I have an old shoulder injury and really cant lift my left arm over my head, like they all did.

I dont know, it just seemed odd to me. Most of the events are set up so that multiple teams can do their challenge at one time.

I was shocked and happy with who won!

I agree that karma came back on Natalie/Nadya and Trey/Lexi -- that was sweet! :thumbsup2

I was dumbfounded that the twins were so rude to the Beekmans (on the train within earshot, in the cars when they yelled that they needed to lose them, during the meat cutting competition when they were telling them they had faked the ankle injury and were "evil"). I was like what on earth on they talking about? :confused3 Those guys never did a thing to anyone to elicit that kind of attitude. What the heck is wrong with those girls? I think they're just extremely self-absorbed and living in their own world. What a joke to think that the other teams should have waited for them while they did the speed bump!

Anyhow, I was initially rooting for James/Jaymes, but when I saw how poorly the Beekmans were being treated for no good reason, I really wanted them to win just so they could have the last laugh. I was shocked the see them get to the mat first.

They were my third favorite of the four when the show began. But when they were at first almost excluded and snubbed, I started to rrot for them.

I was also pulling for Jaymes & James, but happy to see the Beekmans win it. Loved seeing Brent block the other players while running for the dog statue, and him yelling "Enjoy your speed bump!" to the twins. I wondered why Josh asked the guy about the dog (in French) in front of the other teams, when he could have asked someone privately and not revealed the location to the other teams.

While I realize Abby and Ryan were happy to see ANYBODY win it besides the 3 teams that ganged up on them, it looked like they were really rubbing it in Jaymes & James' faces the way they were jumping up & down at the Beekmans' win.

Don't consider my a world traveler but I have been to four continents and about 25 different countries, the very first words I memorize is please, thank you, hello and goodbye and where's the bathroom.
Compared to the vast majority of Americans, you ARE a world traveler :thumbsup2. I think the Rockers would have smoked everyone on that last challenge. They seemed to be more in tune with the people of the countries and I seem to recall that they repeated back "hello" and "goodbye" on the mat.

I was happy with the end. I love the Beekmans television show, featuring their goat farm, a few years ago. I would have been happy with any of the last 3 teams really. The crazy, irritating and mean teams had all been done in!

I wondered why Josh asked the guy about the dog (in French) in front of the other teams, when he could have asked someone privately and not revealed the location to the other teams.

He probably wanted to see the reaction from the other teams when they heard him talking French. I don't understand why the other teams were so shocked that he knew French. I know they weren't the strongest team of the three, but they acted like the Beekman boys had no skills whatsoever.

I noticed on the first leg that the greeters were saying Hello and Goodbye instead of "Welcome to ______". I would have been writing that down, and thought surely the teams would notice. There probably some who were, but they got eliminated.

Was ok with the winners. I too liked J&J and was glad to see the Evil Twinnies go.

Don't consider my a world traveler but I have been to four continents and about 25 different countries, the very first words I memorize is please, thank you, hello and goodbye and where's the bathroom.
You should team up with my dd, she travels for work and she will text me, when she is in a different country with the spelling for hello. Your bathroom one cracked me up.

I agree that it was a pretty weak season. It seemed as if throughout most of the season, the majority of the teams couldn't make it through the race without grouping up for most of the tasks. Everyone kept helping each other along the way and it got pretty annoying after awhile. Last night was telling -- when the twinnies had an extra task (brought on to themselves by losing a leg of the race, no less), they got insulted for some reason that other teams didn't wait for them to complete it. :confused3

This was the first season in a while that I remember where the final 3 were pretty much all together for the final leg. Seems like many of the past seasons, there was at least one team that had fallen pretty far behind.
It was different how they teamed up this year, but it is more frustrating when someone is way out ahead and everyone gets back together, because they have to wait for transportation for several hours.

I was so happy when the "evil gays" won! And, that the two thieving teams had karma bite them in the ****. I would have also been happy with the Chips winning too. I hope the Chips get invited back to race again. They were fun, and kind to the other teams. But, those twinnies...OMG...they are intolerable. And, that whining young lady from the Texas team (I can't figure it out...wah, wah, wah!)....drove me nuts during the last challenge. Get on with it...whining isn't going to help. Frankly, it's quite surprising how poorly all the teams did...I am no world traveler, but 5 of them were quite obvious...leaving only 3 to "figure out."

The finish line was so close to where I work! I I'm on Ninth and 35th. I had no idea. Not that it mattered, since it was nighttime.

So how many of you would have taken note of the greetings in different languages? In this past. It was the order of the pit stops and I think once it was what the greeter was wearing?

So how many of you would have taken note of the greetings in different languages? In this past. It was the order of the pit stops and I think once it was what the greeter was wearing?
I noticed that they were saying "goodbye" on the mat this time and I was wondering what that was all about. I have no idea if I would have written it down.

I noticed the Chippendales were responding to the greetings, so I thought they would have performed better.

I have to say, I probably would not have noticed if I were racing. The only reason I did notice is because they showed it in captions when they said hello/goodbye. And that's something that you wouldn't see if you were racing.

I have to say, I probably would not have noticed if I were racing. The only reason I did notice is because they showed it in captions when they said hello/goodbye. And that's something that you wouldn't see if you were racing.

I was just going to say that. The captioning in each episode gave a clue that there was more to it than just a greeting.

The final destination was New York City
hmmm ... which team might that favor.

Perhaps ... the team that lives and works in the City.

Seemed a bit one sided from that point on.

Odds were stacked up against other teams

in favor of the underdogs (slow-bumbling-last place team).

my2cents

The final destination was New York City
hmmm ... which team might that favor.

Perhaps ... the team that lives and works in the City.

Seemed a bit one sided from that point on.

Odds were stacked up against other teams

in favor of the underdogs (slow-bumbling-last place team).

my2cents

Except that hometown knowledge ended up meaning nothing in this particular leg of the race.

Not to mention that selection of the final city was done even before the race began. There was NO way to predict which teams would be in the final 3 when NY was selected. It has always been the case (at least in recent years) that one or more of the teams was from the general area of the last leg of the race. There are only so many cities in the US that can serve as the last leg (has to be a city with incoming international flights). I do not believe that the last leg was purposely designed to benefit the goat farmers. It's just as likely that those ridiculous twinnies would have been in the final leg (and they would have been except for getting screwed up going to the pit stop) and they also lived in NY.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter