Official 2016 Princess Half Marathon Thread

No. You won't see the pre-order stuff until you pick it up at the expo. They'll release a preview of the other merchandise closer to the race weekend.

I was going to "like" your post to show "yes I agree" but because I don't LIKE that they don't show us the merchandise I decided to reply instead. :)

Does anyone know how you go about getting the runDisney magic bands? Is that something you get with your packet, or you can buy somewhere separately?

Sold at the Expo.

I see on the runDisney site that the buses will start between 3am - 4am depending on which races you are signed up and monorail not until 5:30am.

Isn't 5:30 just about when the races *start*? Monorail running at that time will make it awkward! :)

All Disney hotels have transportation for phm.

Yep. For Princess and WDW marathon weekends ALL onsite resorts are host resorts with transportation. It's the other runs that are more selective.

Thank you so much. This is my first time running in the Princess race and didn't know. Last year I did TOT 10 Miler and not all hotels had transportation to the race so I was looking for the list of host resorts.

I forgot about early registration!! Work gets in the way of life. I did register my daughter and myself for 5k- have to wait for the 10k. Already have resort reservations at poly. Now I have to train for the 10k- this will be my 7th 5k, so with determination I think I can do it.

I was going to "like" your post to show "yes I agree" but because I don't LIKE that they don't show us the merchandise I decided to reply instead. :)
I don't like it either! I mean, it's fine for the pins, but those jackets are pricey. I'd want to see it first. At least they let people return the pre-order stuff...
Thank you so much. This is my first time running in the Princess race and didn't know. Last year I did TOT 10 Miler and not all hotels had transportation to the race so I was looking for the list of host resorts.
Princess is much bigger than ToT, so I guess it's sort of necessary to have more resorts participate.

I am stressed just reading today's posts! :scared: Having flashbacks to last years registration!
Congrats to everyone that got in!

I have an appt. for my daughter on the 14th that I can't change. Was not looking at my calendar when I made it. I will have my son on back up to register me if I am not out in time. The building has no cell or wifi signal.

Does anyone know which Disney hotels will have transportation to the races? I see on the runDisney site that the buses will start between 3am - 4am depending on which races you are signed up and monorail not until 5:30am. The one thing I don't see is the list of hotels that are participating with transportation.
Thanks in advance.
meg
I stayed at Bay Lake for 2014 Glass Slipper. Monorail started at 3ish. Easy way to get to the start line! 10k and half start at 5:30, so that would not work as a monorail start time.

For those who don't already have hotel registrations, Acclaim Travel sent out an email today that they have bibs *today*. I'm sure other travel providers do, too, and I've read that a charity or two has been registering for Princess for months now, but Acclaim is what I know. :)

They do require a minimum hotel stay with the bib.

I think I already mentioned this today, but it was early (for me) then and there have been some pages written since then.

I stayed at Bay Lake for 2014 Glass Slipper. Monorail started at 3ish. Easy way to get to the start line! 10k and half start at 5:30, so that would not work as a monorail start time.

Can you describe how it worked to use the monorail from BLT? Where you went, etc?

So as crazy as it sounds, I registered for the princess 10k this morning. It is crazy because I am not a runner. I walk with my mom in the mornings but that just started 3 weeks ago and usually we only walk two miles. In my training process, I hope to become overall more healthy. Working in healthcare, I see all these limbs cut off and other health problems and I am just about 200 pounds at 29 and I do not want to be looking like these sick people! So getting healthy and running at 10k in Disney where my heart is most days! So i am just going to use Jeff Galloway's training unless someone can recommend another training program more for a non runner I would be so grateful! Thank you!

So as crazy as it sounds, I registered for the princess 10k this morning. It is crazy because I am not a runner. I walk with my mom in the mornings but that just started 3 weeks ago and usually we only walk two miles. In my training process, I hope to become overall more healthy. Working in healthcare, I see all these limbs cut off and other health problems and I am just about 200 pounds at 29 and I do not want to be looking like these sick people! So getting healthy and running at 10k in Disney where my heart is most days! So i am just going to use Jeff Galloway's training unless someone can recommend another training program more for a non runner I would be so grateful! Thank you!

It may seem impossible at first, but your goal is definitely within reach! Just take it one day at a time. Start out with a training plan that you can manage. Maybe look at downloading one of the free Couch to 10k apps. That's how I started when trying to drop my baby weight a few years back. Those first few weeks may be rough, but you'll soon get the hang of it, and you won't believe how far you've come when you look back. :) Good luck with your training!

Fabulous!

Galloway is great for beginners, and you don't ever have to start the "jog" part of "walk jog" if you don't want to. He gives a good base of when to lengthen the distance/time.

When I first followed a Couch to 5K program I *first* went through it with time. I used one off of coolrunnings.com, and it had time or distance. I was on the treadmill only at the time. So first I went through it with time. I had to repeat many weeks because my body systems weren't all ready to move to the next week's plan at the same time! Then once I got through that, I went through the training again for distance. Again, had to repeat weeks.

Good for you!!!!

I only started running 8 weeks ago, never ran before that. I am using the Galloway method too and so far so good! Had you told me 8 weeks ago I could make it 2.5 miles I never would have believed you. Keep it up! Feb is a ways away yet. You can do it.

It does not sound crazy---you can do this!!!

Well, we've been home for just over two weeks from our trip for the 2015 PHM Weekend, and I'm already starting to plan for next year's races! So, that being said, I figured now would be a good time to start up a new thread for the 2016 PHM Weekend. Most of the stuff is still up in the air (prices, etc), so I'll come back and fill those in as information is released by rD.

FB_IMG_1425403565585_zpswfc99ug9.jpg

Dates: February 18-21, 2016
Registration Opens: July 14, 2015 at Noon EST (June 30th for Annual Passholders)
Link: http://www.rundisney.com/princess-half-marathon/

Disney Princess Half Marathon presented by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
Sunday, February 21, 2016
Start Time: 5:30 a.m.
Start/Finish: Epcot®

Disney Princess Enchanted 10K presented by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
Saturday, February 20, 2016
Start Time: 5:30 a.m.
Start/Finish: Epcot®

Disney Royal Family 5K presented by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
Friday, February 19, 2016
Start Time: 6:15 a.m.
Start/Finish: Epcot

Entry Fees & Deadlines

$175 by August 4, 2015
$190 between August 5 and August 25, 2015
$205 on or after August 26, 2015

Disney Enchanted 10K presented by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals

$110 by August 4, 2015
$125 between August 5 and August 25, 2015
$140 on or after August 26, 2015

Glass Slipper Challenge presented by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
(One registration for two races (10K & PHM) - no need to register for both races separately if you want to get the Challenge medal.)

$305 by August 4, 2015
$340 between August 5 and August 25, 2015
$365 on or after August 26, 2015

Disney Princess 5K presented by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals

$65 per participant by August 25, 2015
$75 per participant on or after August 26, 2015

runDisneyKids Races - Dashes

$15 per participant by August 25, 2014
$20 per participant on or after August 26, 2014

runDisneyKids Races – 1 Mile Run

$30 per participant by August 25, 2014
$35 per participant on or after August 26, 2014

Pasta in the Park Party Tickets

$TBD for Adults (ages 10 and up)
$TBD for Children (ages 3-9)
Children Under 3 are free

Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend Breakfast

$TBD for Adults (ages 10 and up)
$TBD for Children (ages 3 – 9)

ChEAR Squad

Bronze – No Charge
Silver – $TBD per package
Gold – $TBD per package
Platinum Half - $TBD per package

$TBD Race Retreat

If any of you have any suggestions/corrections for this post, feel free to let me know and I'll gladly update.

Disboards Participants:
AmyLyn - PHM
Arich01 - PHM
Ariel484 - GSC/Triple Crown (5K, 10K, PHM)
bamacmac - 5K
Bree - GSC
BriarRose59 - 5K & 10K
bumbershoot - 5K/10K
chirogrrl - 5K & 10K
Cindy21494 - GSC
Dis5150 - PHM
DisneyBee - 5K & 10K
disneycamelbackids - PHM
DisneyGirlFlorida - GSC/Triple Crown (5K, 10K, PHM)
DisneyHoover - PHM
Dis-OH - GSC
disrunfanWI - PHM
Dis_Yoda - GSC
drlaurafsu - GSC
DVSFan1994 - GSC/Triple Crown (5K, 10K, PHM)
flvy - GSC
fordpony92 - 5K & GSC (spouse)
gryhndmom - PHM
hauntedcity - GSC
Hawkeyegirls - GSC
HockeyMomNH - GSC
huggybuff- GSC
HumblePie - GSC
jaws2577 - GSC
jennynyholm - GSC
joan4mickey - PHM
jwjulie - PHM
kathleen27 - GSC
keahgirl8 - GSC/Triple Crown (5K, 10K, PHM)
Keels - GSC
LisaWalchusky - PHM
lovingeire - GSC/Triple Crown (5K, 10K, PHM)
longhorns2 - (TBD)
Luv2Run - GSC/Triple Crown (5K, 10K, PHM)
luvvwl - PHM
Mimsy Borogove - GSC
MousekaMama- GSC
MyFavEeyore - 5K & 10K
Pacifica - PHM
pangyal - GSC
pixi3ness - PHM
princessluna14 - GSC
PryncessLace - 5K & 10K
puppytrainer - 10K
purplekicks - GSC/Triple Crown (5K, 10K, PHM)
QuirkyBelle - GSC
pixarmom - GSC/Triple Crown (5K, 10K, PHM)
Revkate - GSC
runmickeyrun - GSC
Runnergal - 5K & PHM
SageFemme - GSC
SherryinBA - PHM
srauseo - PHM
SunDial - GSC
sweetieinVT - GSC
TangledUp - GSC
Tiggeroo - (TBD)
travelfearlessly - PHM
VeganRunnerPrincess - GSC

Can you please add me? I am registered for Glass Slipper!

Oh! I should ask here! :)

I called the reservation line today to ask about some resort stuff for Wine and Dine, and while I had them on the line, I asked about reservations for Princess. She said that reservations opened today for those who pre-registered...but that it was "rack rate" with no discount. Is that typical? I thought there was usually some discount for RunDisney? Should I wait to reserve a room, or go ahead and reserve now?
I'm not even sure where I want to stay. 2 years ago I stayed at Wildnerness Lodge, which was great---but I'm not sure i want to spend that much again, especially because I plan to spend an extra night. Also, I am trying to stay at all the resorts at least once, so I would like something different. So far I have stayed at BWI, YC, Poly, WL, POR, POFQ, CSR, Ft. Wilderness Cabins....I have reservations for POP for marathon weekend and Shades of Green for wine and dine (unless any good military discounts open up before then.)

I heard there is a Facebook Page for runners. We are signed up for the Enchanted Princess 10K. Is there a FB page link for that? TIA

For those of you who own the tech jackets, how do the sizes run? What would a medium be equal to? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter