Official 2016 HHN-26 Thread

Hi guys! Do you think I will be able to do all the houses at least once using Express Pass on wednesday 10/26? I expect to be at the park before 17. Thanks!

Hi guys! Do you think I will be able to do all the houses at least once using Express Pass on wednesday 10/26? I expect to be at the park before 17. Thanks!

We will be there on the 26th as well using EP so I would love to hear the answer on this as well

Newbie here I read some of the reports and I have some questions. We plan to enter the park and stay at the hello kitty section. Our night will go until 2am my main questions are what food places will be open? Do you think it is possible for us to get AHS, Exorcist, TCSM, WD and GT for houses and 1 of the shows done in one night ?

Wednesday generally have the lightest crowds

You should be able to go thru all the houses with the ep that date

Can someone mark and post a HHN 26 map with the stay and scream waiting areas ? I don't have a clue where the landmarks are.
S & S holding areas are: Delancey Street next to Finnegans. You will see the line forming to enter as they scan your tickets before you enter the holding area. You go to The Exorcist house first then to The Walking Dead...although it was closed last week when we were in that area. Springfield is another holding area where they will also scan your tickets. I think that's the best area since you can eat, drink and sit in the A/C before going out into the park. Halloween II is the house you'll enter for that area. Hello Kitty is the area near the front of the park...I might do that one tonight since I really want to do American Horror Story. The Express line for AHS last Friday night was insane! AHS is the house for that holding area. Finally...Diagon Alley is the last holding area. That's probably the worst one because they let you queue for Lunatics Playground well before the house opens and then you have to wait for the rest of that section to open. The upside is...Gringotts is open so you have something to ride while waiting to be released. You would then go to The Texas Chainsaw Massacre once that opens...it's the next closest house in that area.

Krampus is actually the maze I'm looking forward to the most though. How have lines been? I would like to work it in both nights. Any strategy?
The entrance to Krampus is just past the Hello Kitty store on the left...if coming from the park entrance. The Express line was really backed up last Friday night then we heard they had closed for a while. The stand-by line enters to the left of Express and wraps all the way around the Shrek building. Since that house is near the front of the park, you might want to do that one early.
Anyone know if theyre doing half price express pass at 10PM?
Haven't seen/heard anyone buying them this year...so far anyway.

Newbie here I read some of the reports and I have some questions. We plan to enter the park and stay at the hello kitty section. Our night will go until 2am my main questions are what food places will be open? Do you think it is possible for us to get AHS, Exorcist, TCSM, WD and GT for houses and 1 of the shows done in one night ?
Yes...I think you could do that if staying in the Hello Kitty area. AHS, The Exorcist, Ghost Town and TWD are all along the same area in the soundstages.

I tried to highlight what i think are the Stay and scream areas....They are pink. How did I do?

Attachments

• HHN-Map (1).jpg
    HHN-Map (1).jpg
    225 KB · Views: 32

I tried to highlight what i think are the Stay and scream areas....They are pink. How did I do?
Very good...you got it spot on.

what houses seem to be opening early with the stay and scream released?
Holding areas and the S & S houses for each:

Finnegans holding area - The Exorcist and TWD
Diagon Alley holding area - Lunatic's Playground
Springfield holding area - Halloween II
Hello Kitty holding area - American Horror Story

Thanks Metro. Looks like Hello Kitty and AHS then maybe I can hit H2 before the outside hordes are let in

Since each point of entry to the parks now has metal detectors (i.e. - the hub, boat docks, resort walking paths), they don't have more metal detectors at the entrance to US/HHN right?

Edited to add: Is there any advantage/disadvantage to doing AP early entry vs. Stay & Scream??

Last edited:
AS OF THIS MORNING NO PHOTOS OF ANY IP HOUSES FOR THE UTH TOUR. This could change, but just letting anyone else going soon to know. They were literally told at like 8 this morning.

Quick question

Is the add on ticket the same as Stay and Scream?
And that means you have access at 5:30?

Quick question

Is the add on ticket the same as Stay and Scream?
And that means you have access at 5:30?
Yes and no...the add on ticket is the same as S & S but you won't be released into the park until 5:45 at the earliest. We were released right at 6PM last night for the Hello Kitty area and that area was mobbed.

Since each point of entry to the parks now has metal detectors (i.e. - the hub, boat docks, resort walking paths), they don't have more metal detectors at the entrance to US/HHN right?

Edited to add: Is there any advantage/disadvantage to doing AP early entry vs. Stay & Scream??
There are only metal detectors at the rotunda part of the parking structure...nothing by the park gates. I didn't do AP early entry yet this year but I don't see any advantages over S & S.

Thanks Metro. Looks like Hello Kitty and AHS then maybe I can hit H2 before the outside hordes are let in
If you want to do AHS w/o much of a wait, this is the only way to do it. I waited about 15 minutes in the queue but that was after waiting 50 minutes in the holding area. By the time I came out of the house the wait was at least 30 minutes and it only got worse as the night wore on. When I left the wait time was posted as 85 minutes.

Has anyone done The Repository yet? I am looking for reviews to see if it is worth the extra cost and time.

Thanks!

i have friends that are doing it soon.
most of them will post their thoughts about it on other boards/twitter/etc

Has anyone done The Repository yet? I am looking for reviews to see if it is worth the extra cost and time.

Thanks!

No one has, it doesn't open until 9/29 ;)

Keep an eye on any of the Universal blog sites, you'll see reviews posted right after it opens. One of the site owners is booked in the first tour of the house.

Thanks! I guess I should have read the fine print first! We are going next weekend so I went ahead and booked for Saturday night. I'll post my thoughts after I go - 5 days and counting!

Very good...you got it spot on.

Holding areas and the S & S houses for each:

Finnegans holding area - The Exorcist and TWD
Diagon Alley holding area - Lunatic's Playground
Springfield holding area - Halloween II
Hello Kitty holding area - American Horror Story

Since when has there been that many holding areas? :eek: I knew there was another by E.T., but that was it... I've only done the Finnegan's one for the last what 8 years.... :rotfl:

AS OF THIS MORNING NO PHOTOS OF ANY IP HOUSES FOR THE UTH TOUR. This could change, but just letting anyone else going soon to know. They were literally told at like 8 this morning.

This is a major bummer! I loved taking pics.. just called in today to confirm my Tour and the nice lady on the phone informed me about the NO PHOTOS in the houses and if I wanted, would get a refund for the Tour if I wanted to cancel it. I said, hell no! :rotfl:

Thanks!

I'd really like to do The Repository (if available) very late this Friday the 30th... any1 interested? Haven't called to book it yet..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter