Official 2016 HHN-26 Thread

Since when has there been that many holding areas? :eek: I knew there was another by E.T., but that was it... I've only done the Finnegan's one for the last what 8 years.... :rotfl:
They had four holding areas last year too...same locations. You really should try the others. I spent most of the time last year in the Springfield holding area...you can eat, drink, sit in the A/C and there are lots more seats than the Finnegans area.

Does anyone know about the unmasking the horror tour, are there designated houses you always tour in the morning versus the afternoon tour, or do the houses change each tour?

Gosh, I remember my first HHN, way back in 2002, for HHN 12. We didn't even know what HHN was - we bought tix and wandered in, clueless, thinking it was some sort of Halloween party, with no idea of what we were about to experience. Fog was everywhere at the entrance, a sign of things to come, and the creepiness started right there. Pretty sure there was one basic ticket back then - no backstage tours or holding areas or early admission, but the frequent fear pass was offered - for $19.95 (added to a paid admission) for Sunday through Thursday admission to the party during its duration.

We were totally blown away by this experience, which was held in Islands of Adventure. I still have the event guide in my desk, looking at it now. The houses were Scary Tales II, Evilution (totally insane, was in the Jurassic Park area, absolutely crazy fear with all the fog and scare actors jumping out of the bushes there), Fear Factor (a disappointment, as I recall), Maximum Carnage, and Screamhouse. Imagine it this way: what if you never heard rock music before, and suddenly were exposed to the Beatles, Stones, Hendrix, and other greats one night during a three hour concert . . . that's how eye - opening this was, and it hooked me on HHN forever.

HHN was so simple then, and it seems more complicated now with all the different choices of tours - and the huge crowds now attending. We went on a Saturday night in 2002, and managed to do two of the five houses fairly quickly, with long waits for the other three, but we did get through all five houses without an EP. The atmosphere at Islands really added to the experience; I was somewhat disappointed when we finally returned to HHN in 2012, at the Studios, and it did not seem nearly as frightening as it had at Islands ten years prior. The scare actors in 2002 really nailed you, jumping out of the bushes everywhere with their fake chain saws roaring, and with the fog machines really cranking out the gloom and obscuring everything nearby - at some places we could barely see ten feet in front of us. When those scare actors attacked, they really got you!

I remember wanting to get out of there, it was so intense, and I was so on edge anticipating a scare actor jumping out of the bushes that we stayed right in the middle of every walkway - what a sense of relief when we finally made it back to the entrance. It was, without doubt, the greatest theme park adventure I've ever experienced - and we had no idea it would happen that night. Really special!

Does anyone know about the unmasking the horror tour, are there designated houses you always tour in the morning versus the afternoon tour, or do the houses change each tour?
The 3 houses in the morning are not the same 3 houses in the afternoon for the UTH tour

I love this tour
Booked mine for a thursday

Houses do not change

Each tour will use the same houses based on the am or om tour

The 3 houses in the morning are not the same 3 houses in the afternoon for the UTH tour

I love this tour
Booked mine for a thursday

Houses do not change

Each tour will use the same houses based on the am or om tour

Excellent... Now if I could just figure out which 3 are in which time frame...

I've read this:
-AM: Exorcist, AHS, Ghost Town
-PM: Chainsaw, Krampus, Halloween

But I've also read that they have switched the AM/PM houses at times.

After two visits to HHN this year...here's now I would tier the houses based on my opinions:

Top Three: Halloween II, The Exorcist and The Walking Dead
Middle Three: American Horror Story, Ghost Town and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Bottom Three: Krampus, Tomb of the Ancients and Lunatics Playground

All in no particular order.

someone set me straight here.
I have my AP, MY HHN base ticket, And my fast pass add on.
When can I get in?
I figured I could do a few hours of the park with my A.P. and jump into a holding area, but it looks like thats a stay and scream add on????

So what do I have to do???
Leave with the regular guests and re-enter somewhere????
seems odd.

someone set me straight here.
I have my AP, MY HHN base ticket, And my fast pass add on.
When can I get in?
I figured I could do a few hours of the park with my A.P. and jump into a holding area, but it looks like thats a stay and scream add on????

So what do I have to do???
Leave with the regular guests and re-enter somewhere????
seems odd.
You will want to stay inside the park...DO NOT exit when the park closes. You have all the necessary tickets to do Stay & Scream. Once the park is closing you'll head to one of the four holding areas. You should select the holding area based on which house you want to do first.

Could someone tell me how Bill and Ted's works? Does the show take place during the day or night? Is it free? I've heard so much about it, I now want to go.

I've read this:
-AM: Exorcist, AHS, Ghost Town
-PM: Chainsaw, Krampus, Halloween

But I've also read that they have switched the AM/PM houses at times.

Omg please let this be true!! I have an am tour scheduled and those would be my top three!!

Mini review:
Went this past Saturday 9/24 with AP early entry. Our HHN ticket was included in our AP but we did splurge for express passes. We knew we'd be glad to have them later. Checked in at the tents outside US entrance around 5pm with only about 10 people ahead of us and they had the check in tables well staffed so it took us just a few minutes to get through. Headed back to the holding area and made it all the way to the entrance to Animal Actors show closest to those restrooms. We sat down for maybe 10 minutes and then they released us. We chose to go to Tomb of Ancients first because the line for Halloween II was way longer. We then did Texas Chainsaw and came back around to Halloween II but the line for that was already up to 50 minutes and this was just with AP people in line! So we decided to go ahead & use our express for that house.

After those 3 houses we were starving so went over to Louie's for dinner. Then finished up the other 6 houses with express. Total time to go through all 9 houses was about 3.5 hours. I think the longest line we saw was for AHS and it was about 2 hours.

My list from most favorite to least favorite: (some spoilers ahead...don't read if you don't wanna know!)

*Exorcist - let's just say if you're sensitive to smells, hold your nose in the vomit scene
*American Horror Story - I have not seen a single episode of this show, but I was super impressed with the theming in this house. I know that Lady Gaga and Kathy Bates have been a part of the show and you know for sure when you see their characters
*Walking Dead - I was hoping to see Negan but if he was there I missed it. Got some good scares here though.
*Halloween II - lots of Mike Myers as usual
*TX Chainsaw - the best scares are after you exit!
*Lunatics Playground - love the rotating tunnel at the beginning; not as scary but really fun
*Krampus - Wow, Krampus is one creepy fella! I think he looks like the creatures from that M. Night Shyamalan movie The Village. Loved all the Christmas theming here. I had read there were smells in this house but I didn't catch any
*Tomb of Ancients - Just Meh
*Ghost Town - Just Meh

We had fun and are looking forward to next year!

After two visits to HHN this year...here's now I would tier the houses based on my opinions:

Top Three: Halloween II, The Exorcist and The Walking Dead

You got TWD up there Todd! I'm impressed! I remember you weren't much into it and zombies.... must be a really good house.. :cool1:

Cheers! :drinking1

Marqui
:thumbsup2

You got TWD up there Todd! I'm impressed! I remember you weren't much into it and zombies.... must be a really good house.. :cool1:

Cheers! :drinking1

Marqui
:thumbsup2
No one is more impressed than me...believe me. I'm not a fan of the show but I really liked this house. I'll do this one again.

Could someone tell me how Bill and Ted's works? Does the show take place during the day or night? Is it free? I've heard so much about it, I now want to go.
first show in the evening could be 7/7:30 some nights.
i have not been yet so just going by past years

all the shows, houses, rides, scare zones are free
you only need the hhn admission ticket to enjoy everything in the park

Okay... ONE MORE TIME...

If We plan on attending HHN next Thursday and / or Sunday, which ticket should we get? And will we need express passes?

Okay... ONE MORE TIME...

If We plan on attending HHN next Thursday and / or Sunday, which ticket should we get? And will we need express passes?
Are you going to the Studios that day as well? If so, you would need the HHN add-on ticket (also known as the Stay and Scream ticket)...you can purchase this either online or at either park. If you aren't attending the park during the day. you will need to get the single day admission for whichever day you are planning to attend. Express is always a good idea...wait times have been all over the place this year with some houses having more than 60 minute waits fairly early in the evening. I would never tell someone NOT to buy Express for the evening.

Are you going to the Studios that day as well? If so, you would need the HHN add-on ticket (also known as the Stay and Scream ticket)...you can purchase this either online or at either park. If you aren't attending the park during the day. you will need to get the single day admission for whichever day you are planning to attend. Express is always a good idea...wait times have been all over the place this year with some houses having more than 60 minute waits fairly early in the evening. I would never tell someone NOT to buy Express for the evening.

We'll be in US from the Oct 6th to the 10th.

We'll be in US from the Oct 6th to the 10th.
The HHN add-on ticket is $55.99/per person for either Sunday or Thursday...no discounts are available except for passholders...you can save $4.00 off the individual tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter