Official 2016 Dopey Challenge Thread

If my nerves don't fail me, it looks like my best strategy for early registration will be to use my phone, through the DVC link. Any tips for doing this?

I'm in for Dopey! I didn't want to wait for open registration so I went through a travel agency. Now to pick a training plan for my first full. I'm a Galloway girl and use intervals when I run so right now I'm leaning towards his plan but if anyone else has suggestions I would appreciate them!

Is there an advantage to booking through an agency, other than early entry? We qualify to stay at shades of green (but not for the military tickets) and had just planned on staying there but I see some agencies claim to have discounted park tix.

I'm in for Dopey!!! I'm so excited ... I'm so ... scared!

Kidding.

I'm still a learning runner, and I don't have a lot of people on board with the decision I've made. I've also got a physical issue that means I probably shouldn't do this, but whatever.

I won the Walt Disney "Dreamer and Doer" Award in elementary school, so there's no reason I can't dream and do this challenge as well.

Looking forward to being a total Dope with all of y'all!!

I know how you feel, @Keels. This Sunday was my second race ever, and it was a half marathon. My C25K coach was not happy I signed up for it, but still gave me tips and whatnot to help me get thru it. He's going to be shocked when I show him my time, finished in 2:54:00 with a 13:17 pace!

Kidding.

I'm still a learning runner, and I don't have a lot of people on board with the decision I've made. I've also got a physical issue that means I probably shouldn't do this, but whatever.

I won the Walt Disney "Dreamer and Doer" Award in elementary school, so there's no reason I can't dream and do this challenge as well.

You are awesome @Keels I wont be a dope but ill be 29.3 miles of crazy not sure there is a name for that lol

@Keels - brilliant "Saved By The Bell" reference.

You've got this. ::yes::

I totally missed that the first time I read her post nice catch @Ariel484

I know how you feel, @Keels. This Sunday was my second race ever, and it was a half marathon. My C25K coach was not happy I signed up for it, but still gave me tips and whatnot to help me get thru it. He's going to be shocked when I show him my time, finished in 2:54:00 with a 13:17 pace!

that's a great time for your first @GrandAdmiralStrife CONGRATS

I'm so proud of you!! I'm with you - I did my first half (and second one, too) WAY before I probably should have ... but I tell you what, having run the distance before made me not nervous at all the second time around. AND it's given me goals to improve upon.

AND ... AWESOME TIME for your first!! That's DEFINITELY something to be proud of!!

Whew! I'm in! i was nervous because when I entered my CC info and hit submit, it went to a blank page!!!! But the charge is pending on my Credit card and I got the confirmation email!!!!

Kidding.

I'm on board with it! :)

Some advice. If the coach continues to act that way, get a new one. I got stuck with a horrible coach for a year who didn't believe in my capability to do certain things. I missed WDW 20 and I partly blame his attitude for that. I've since moved on and gotten a new coach who has been nothing but a god send for my program (I've actually improved under him instead of just kind of remaining at the same level like I was under the old one).

Never would have thought about going Dopey under the old one. The one I have now is encouraging of me doing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter