"Official" 2015 MNSSHP thread

Jedi training is going to be closed?!?!?! We have an entire day focused on it...OMG

This Jedi training thing is going to make us cry my kids talk about it daily..we have never done it. I really hope they reopen right away....

I'm ready for the first party, and my very first MNSSHP as a guest!!!!!! Not long to go now! Who's excited?! :)
image1_zpsl2ppse6j.jpg

This Jedi training thing is going to make us cry my kids talk about it daily..we have never done it. I really hope they reopen right away....

All I know for sure is that it's closing October 4th and won't reopen by the time of our trip (October 18-24).

Personally, I'm ok with it... I'm the line holder. I'd rather have other people's potentially cranky children enjoying rides while Mom or Dad holds the line for 1+ hour. Having said that, there's just 2 of us. But it would irk me if what OP saw happened, where a line holder was holding it for 10-12 adult friends. Seems like a few of them could have held the spot, even if it meant taking turns, just so others waiting in line would have an idea they might have a longer wait than they're anticipating. But that's more a personal thing with me...there's nothing different in this situation than if it's a parent holding the place for the family.
I recall my parents, their guests (adults) and me (a kid then) doing that at Splash Mtn a long time ago w/ a 3 hour wait, w/ going to BTMRR etc & coming bk

Quick opinion needed regarding costume. This is going to sound very OCD...but here we go...We are debating between DD8 dressing as Snow White and DH and I as Grumpy and Dopey. When I pull up images of the dwarfs, Grumpy in the movie is wearing red shirt, brown hat and in the parks...he has red shirt, blue hat. Which hat color should I go with? :rolleyes1

...With that said, I know that SW/7D is done all the time...just seems a more comfy costume choice for DH and I. We could sign DD up for the mermaid package, have her makeup, hair done...bring mermaid costume and DH and I as pirates? Thoughts?? pirate:

Thank you in advance! All your posts continue to build our excitement for our first MNSSHP!

I had seen this. Upon taking a 2nd look, it clearly shows 12 characters so my guess is the answer on who they are is in that drawing.
edit:
After reading his words again ...."For 2015, we’re introducing a major new show on the Castle Forecourt Stage, and there are more than a dozen unique characters who will only appearing for character greetings during party nights." and after his clarification that Maleificent will not be available for a M&G, it doesn't appear the characters on the stage in the drawing are the same 12 he says will be available for M&G since Maleficent is in that drawing.
FYI - Kenny the Pirate is NOT a source for Official Disney news. He sometimes reiterates Official news - and his info AFTER the first party is often useful.

At about 10 min past midnight I got to my Halloween fast pass selection (more important ones done first) and for that night the latest lass available for haunted mansion was 5-6pm. Nothing pushing it closer to 6:30 as I had hoped. No sure if it was already taken or if they are not allowing FP after 6 now? In any event we ended uo with one from 3-4 for another ride which we likely will not make but we did get two we can use.

Costume ideas uodate,,thinking about a ghost tourist couple or ghost Mickey Mouse club members...DH is not into it now and not contributing any ideas! So trying to think out of the character box :)

At about 10 min past midnight I got to my Halloween fast pass selection (more important ones done first) and for that night the latest lass available for haunted mansion was 5-6pm. Nothing pushing it closer to 6:30 as I had hoped. No sure if it was already taken or if they are not allowing FP after 6 now? In any event we ended uo with one from 3-4 for another ride which we likely will not make but we did get two we can use.

Costume ideas uodate,,thinking about a ghost tourist couple or ghost Mickey Mouse club members...DH is not into it now and not contributing any ideas! So trying to think out of the character box :)

I'm not sure if you already considered this, but personally I would wait to ride Haunted Mansion until the party has officially started. It's so much more fun with the photopass magic shots, Madame Carlotta, and just overall feel. We rode last year probably around 7:15 and there was basically no wait.

I couldn't get DMT after 6:05 but figured they were just taken by other people :confused3 maybe they are limiting the after 6 fast passes.

Quick opinion needed regarding costume. This is going to sound very OCD...but here we go...We are debating between DD8 dressing as Snow White and DH and I as Grumpy and Dopey. When I pull up images of the dwarfs, Grumpy in the movie is wearing red shirt, brown hat and in the parks...he has red shirt, blue hat. Which hat color should I go with? :rolleyes1

...With that said, I know that SW/7D is done all the time...just seems a more comfy costume choice for DH and I. We could sign DD up for the mermaid package, have her makeup, hair done...bring mermaid costume and DH and I as pirates? Thoughts?? pirate:

Thank you in advance! All your posts continue to build our excitement for our first MNSSHP!

My advice on costumes is to do what you like and have fun! Even if many people do something they tend to always put their own spin on it.

There was a thread a bit ago stating they werent allowing fp after 6:30. Also, if you ride after party I hear that the cms are dressed up more and that theres a lady who taunts you from the lawn.

How long can I expect the line for the Mine Train to be on Sept. 25th party night? Short enough to not take up a huge chunk of party time?

It should be a sellout, so likely 45 minutes at most.

Yep. That should be the last CM party, and it typically sells out.

Wondering if anyone knows if the September 27th party is likely to be sold out?

Unlikely, but no possible way to know for sure.

That's the last party with cast member discounts so it might get busy.

Did they add that Sunday to the CM list? Usually the last CM date is a Friday.

Sorry for all of the crazy quoting, but I'm on my phone, and it was the quickest way to address all of you at once. Lol

Typically the last CM discounted date is the last Friday in September (the 25th), however this year they have added Sunday the 27th, presumably due to the late start of MNSSHP this year (last year it started on September 1st, this year it's the 15th).

Anyways, it is going to be a gamble as to which of these nights will sell out, so if you plan for one of these dates, I would get your tickets at least a few days in advance.

The discounted CM dates are September 15, 18, 20, 22, 25 and 27.

The MNSSHP ticket is recognized as a one day MK ticket. It doesn't matter to Disney when you schedule them.

So I can see my MNSSHP tickets in my Disney experience app, but I can't select fastpasses. Am I doing something wrong? I am so used to being an onsite guest and doing just the party this year is really screwing me up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter