• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2015 MNSSHP thread

I have a question on timing. I think my daughters (both will be turning 5 during our trip) will really enjoy getting makeovers at BBB at the Castle. The only time I was able to get for our whole trip was at 6:00 pm on the evening of our MNSSHP tickets. While I think it will be cool to get them all made up in their costumes, I am worried that it will eat up too much of our time - especially if we have to wait awhile for our appointment to even start. Getting in line to see the characters isn't a priority but I do want to maximize the opportunity to take in the atmosphere since the kiddos probably won't make it all the way to the end of the party. Does anyone have any experience with how long a late afternoon BBB appointment might take on an MNSSHP night?

We did BBB in December and we were done in less than an hour. It wasn't a party day. Arrive early!

So i have a question. I've seen on ebay they are selling MNSSHP tickets for certain dates and what not. Can you do this? I always thought you could not get rid of the tickets once you bought them. Has anyone ever bought MNSSHP tickets from another person if so can you tell me how that went for you?
As long as the tickets have not been linked to MDE, you can sell them to a stranger. If they automatically linked, the only way you can sell them and have them be useable is to link your MDE account to the seller and have the seller reassign the ticket to you. I personally would not buy tickets from eBay, Craigslist, etc. it is a big risk.

DS4 decided he wants to wear his cadet costume & DS8 wants to be like. Anyone know if kids can wear masks?

I have a question on timing. I think my daughters (both will be turning 5 during our trip) will really enjoy getting makeovers at BBB at the Castle. The only time I was able to get for our whole trip was at 6:00 pm on the evening of our MNSSHP tickets. While I think it will be cool to get them all made up in their costumes, I am worried that it will eat up too much of our time - especially if we have to wait awhile for our appointment to even start. Getting in line to see the characters isn't a priority but I do want to maximize the opportunity to take in the atmosphere since the kiddos probably won't make it all the way to the end of the party. Does anyone have any experience with how long a late afternoon BBB appointment might take on an MNSSHP night?

That's up to you but I personally wouldn't do this during the party... it will eat up an hour of your time. Plus, as I told my daughter- kids can dress up as a princess any day at Disney. For the party why not be something different? Do the BBB another day and be a princess just for fun, you can even go to a princess meal all dressed up like them. (Edit... just saw that you said it's the only time your whole trip for BBB: in that case it depends how much you think your girls all love it. We couldn't get in either this trip so are doing pirates league another day as a surprise... but our little one loves pirates too)

You could think about pirates league too, they have a pirate princess or a Mermaid and maybe you could get in and done before the party. Or dress up on your own... Our daughter is going as Jessie from Toy story and we are bringing the costume from home.

Last edited:
How long can I expect the line for the Mine Train to be on Sept. 25th party night? Short enough to not take up a huge chunk of party time?

As it is your first night, I think your kids would have more fun trick and treating and riding rides instead of waiting ages for the characters. We are going to try to see Jafar this year. Our previous parties we enjoyed the trick and treating, rides, photo ops, parade, fireworks, and SOTHMK special cards. We hands down have had some of best times at the parties.

I think this really depends on the kid. For years, our DD preferred seeing the characters over the rides, and she was willing to wait in whatever line it took. I distinctly remember one MK day, where I think we went from character to character the entire day and rode 2 rides. DD said it was the Best. Day. Ever. in MK (DH and I did not exactly feel the same, but she was so happy!). For her, MNSSHP has always been about the characters. She could care less about the trick or treating- and might run through a couple of empty trick or treat lines at the end of the night. We hardly ever ride rides during MNSSHP. For us the party is about characters, parade, castle show, haunted mansion area, special photo shots and dance parties. Unfortunately, it seems like this year the primary dance party is not going to take place, and the characters are being reduced.

Guys where will cruella be? To me she's the only unique character that wasn't there last year

Well, technically, I would say she is one of the ones who is not being taken away. Prior to last year, you could meet Cruella, the Evil Queen, Maleficent and Dr. Faciellier at the Villians Mix and Mingle. Last year, you had to pay to meet all of them, with the exception that you could still go dance with Cruella and Dr. Faciellier at the dance party. You could not get their autographs, but they would pause for quick photos. It sounds like this year, all of them except for Cruella are being taken completely away. Supposedly, she will be near the train station in the Fantasyland/storybook circus area.

Last edited:
So i have a question. I've seen on ebay they are selling MNSSHP tickets for certain dates and what not. Can you do this? I always thought you could not get rid of the tickets once you bought them. Has anyone ever bought MNSSHP tickets from another person if so can you tell me how that went for you?

There is absolutely no reason to do this, unless for some reason you want Halloween tickets, which is the only party that is sold out to date. If the tickets are being sold at a discount vs. Disney, I'd be extremely wary. I wouldn't buy a MNSSHP ticket from any source other than Disney (or an authorized ticket reseller).

We are going on 10/29 and finally figured out costumes. DD (5) will be Rapunzel and DS (8 months) will be Pascal! I usually DIY her costumes but I don't think I have it in me this year to do something so detailed, so I'm buying the dress. I will be sewing a chameleon costume though, so that should be fun :scared: DH and I are also going to Disneybound as Mother Gothel and Flynn. I'm excited!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 17
Just had a wonderful dream where I was at MNSSHP and the special characters at the party,was baymax and inside out characters along with the regular jack and sally and the 7.. there was also maleficent.. there was so much characters I wanted to see that I wake up all stressfull thinking I will not have enough time to see them all lol

Just had a wonderful dream where I was at MNSSHP and the special characters at the party,was baymax and inside out characters along with the regular jack and sally and the 7.. there was also maleficent.. there was so much characters I wanted to see that I wake up all stressfull thinking I will not have enough time to see them all lol

Now that's my kind of dream! It's sounding like this year there are less characters than usual so I'd love to have as many characters in your dream just to spread out us Character Hunters. LOL

With no Villians Dance Party this year, I should probably quit rehearsing the thriller dance zombie moves. It's been creeping my DD15 out anyway - she said I was embarassing her and it was just the 2 of us in the house at the time. :rotfl:

So will there be more information about everything as the first day of MNSSHP gets closer, or do you have to wait until after someone attends the first date to share the information? I am stressing that DH and I will miss something that we would really love to see. Since we have never been before, we have absolutely no idea what to expect. I am getting a lot of information as always from these boards, and am so thankful for that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter