OFFICIAL 2014 WDW Marathon Countdown: WE DID IT! Congrats everyone!

Discussion in 'Events/Competition' started by WaDiWo, Jan 12, 2013.

1. DrMomof3

DrMomof3 DIS Veteran

Is anyone else completely conflicted over which race(s) to do in January??? :confused:
    I ran Goofy this year and finished ok. My body didn't really like the back-to-back long runs and I had some injuries in late November and early December. I PR'ed the full by 6 minutes which isn't saying much because I'm pretty slow.
    I was considering taking 2014 off completely because I have a work conference the weekend after Marathon Weekend but then I decided that I could "just" do the full marathon without being away very long.
    And then they announced the Dopey.... Of course I'm one of THOSE people who has trouble resisting a challenge. It's so much time away though. And the training....
    I think I've convince my DH to do the 10k with me so my current plan is a very sensible one - 10k + full marathon. But I'm totally itching to do the Dopey.

Amanda

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mickeyd78

mickeyd78 Mouseketeer

I'm the same. Conflicted. I was going to do the 5K with my Dad and the full marathon. Then the Dopey was announced. I thought I can manage a 10K no problems. Then it's only one more race to complete the Dopey!

I'm not sure if I can finish the Dopey, as I have never even run a half marathon yet. But I have started training and seem to be going ok. I think I have decided to sign up for the Dopey on 9 April and then see how I go. I'm sure it will sell out. I think I'd be really disappointed if by the end of the year I felt I could do the Dopey, but couldn't because it was sold out. If I don't think I'm up to it, I'll just drop out of the 1/2.

4. SmartGuyCEO

SmartGuyCEO Earning My Ears

Change appears to be coming for 2014 corral placements:
    Proof of Time
    If you believe you will finish the Half Marathon in less than 3 hours and 15 minutes and/or the Marathon in 6 hours and 30 minutes or less, proof of time is required for start corral placement.
    Please reference the Race Pacing Chart at www.rundisney.com.

Acceptable Proof of Time
    If you do not have a proof of time to submit, list "N/A" at the point of registration. If proof of time is not provided by November 1, 2013 you will be placed in the last start corral. If your proof of time data is incomplete or cannot be verified, you will be placed in the last start corral. To provide or update your proof of time, you must email all proof of time data requested above to disneysports@trackshack.com. No corral changes will be made after November 1, 2013.

Proof of Time Example
    Proof of time must be provided from a certified race reflecting results after January 1, 2012.

Half Marathon - 10K or longer
    Full Marathon – 10 Miles or longer

A valid proof of time provided at the time of registration must include the following*:
    Name of Race
    Distance
    City, State
    Date
    Finish time

*For example, Walt Disney World Marathon, 26.2, Orlando, FL, 1/13/13, - 3:35

5. sunnygal041

sunnygal041 DIS Veteran

Wowie. That is interesting!

6. dburg30

dburg30 Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I

Where did that show up at?\\

nm. see that is on the active site.. rundisney still has the 'old' info.. guess we'll have to see what actaully happens..

7. DoctorK

DoctorK Mouseketeer

You're all April Fools I think...

8. dburg30

And IF that is true, NO CHANGES after November 1, 2013??? Meaning no changes at expo. I kind of have a hard time believing that. But I guess it could happen.. Hopefully I have a good training, and do well at the Columbus marathon on 10.20 and get that time submitted!!!

9. dburg30

I totally hate this day anymore.. I hope you are right... didnt know active.com got involved in such things..

10. pjpoohbear

pjpoohbear <font color=blue>Back in DVC point Debt!<br><font

You can't submit proof of time online after November 1st, that is when bibs are sent for printing. Any changes of corral afterward will happen at the expo and a sticker used on your bib. For the Princess it has been December 1st in past years.

Pj

11. dburg30

I understand that... and I hope this is just either 4/1 crap or a typo but.. the RD event page, which hasnt changed shows this...

the active.com site show this...

again, i hope this is either a typo or a 4/1 joke...

12. SmartGuyCEO

SmartGuyCEO Earning My Ears

13. dismagiclover

dismagiclover Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

The new proof of times requirement may end up being good news for me. I don't have time to support a 5 hour marathon. (My 10K time is 1:12.) But I have a half time of 2:45 that I can submit that should keep me well out of the last corral.

14. liznboys

liznboys <font color="red">I wish upon stars!<br><font colo

15. stitch4336

stitch4336 Mouseketeer

Woohoo! Lovin the new requirement :) Hope it's real. My Tinkerbell Half time was just over 2:45 so I was a little bummed that I'd be in the last corral. I want that earlier corral so I can stop for more pictures :cool1:

16. cimrk01

cimrk01 Mouseketeer

Will be participating in my first full marathon for this event! :cool1:

Any word on what hotels will be hosting this event or do they usually open them all up to accommodate the volume of runners?

17. dburg30

Marathon weekend all resort hotels are included.

18. croach

croach Mouseketeer

Was reading a blog this morning detailing the different Disney races. They said the Goofy sold out in a matter of hours last year. I don't remember that be the case. Does anyone know how long it took for it to sell out last year?

19. roomthreeseventeen

roomthreeseventeen Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

IIRC, at least six or seven weeks.

20. Soccer Princess

Soccer Princess DIS Cast Member<br><font color=red>you would never

Maybe this is old news, but I just noticed they are offering Gender-Sizing shirts this year!!

Champion® Long-Sleeved Tech Shirt in Women's or Men's Cut*

21. dana211

dana211 Earning My Ears

Woohoo! Now I'll have shirts I can actually wear! :-)