OFFICIAL 2014 WDW Marathon Countdown: WE DID IT! Congrats everyone!

I saw you, cool! :) That video is so cute!

Thanks

That's cool! So how long have you known there was something 'dopey' going on??? :)

Only the day before because of Twitter. I had no idea when I signed up to do it (which was Thursday) but then when I got home, I saw that Twitter had blown up with rumors. Then on Friday when I got there they told us about it.

Anyone else hoping there's early registration and more importantly a DISCOUNT through Disney Visa for Marathon Weekend again this year?

And does anyone remember when we learned about it last year? I'm wondering when it was announced. I know it opened on April 3rd.

Anyone else hoping there's early registration and more importantly a DISCOUNT through Disney Visa for Marathon Weekend again this year?

And does anyone remember when we learned about it last year? I'm wondering when it was announced. I know it opened on April 3rd.

Last year I believe there was a Disney Visa discount?

So can 10kers lurk on this thread, I am not seeing a 10k only thread, ;) thinking about doing the 1/2 as well, will be doing Dumbo this fall, but not sure yet on Donald. Master plan to achieve at least one of each RD medal, someday.

I will be staying until Sunday to cheer on friends who are just a little (ok a lot) Dopey and Goofy.

Pj

Hoping for the discount and I won't pass on early registration either. Was able to register a couple friends with the discount last year too.

The DVC discount is posted, but the link isn't live yet. April 3rd is the date for DVC early reg.

Pj

Last year I believe there was a Disney Visa discount?

There was, it opened April 3rd. It appears that will be the case this year as well. Just don't know what the discount amount will be...

So can 10kers lurk on this thread, I am not seeing a 10k only thread, ;) thinking about doing the 1/2 as well, will be doing Dumbo this fall, but not sure yet on Donald. Master plan to achieve at least one of each RD medal, someday.

I will be staying until Sunday to cheer on friends who are just a little (ok a lot) Dopey and Goofy.

Pj

This thread is for ALL of the Marathon Weekend events! :) Whether you are doing only the 5K, Dopey or anything in between, this is the thread for it.

The DVC discount is posted, but the link isn't live yet. April 3rd is the date for DVC early reg.

Pj

I was just going to post this! :) Here's what it says, this is on the DVC Member website:

"runDisney offers Disney Vacation Club Member discounts PLUS early registration!

You don't have to be Bob Iger to "run" Disney. More than 175,000 runners a year participate in events through runDisney, a series of half- and full-marathon races through Disney Theme Park destinations. Participants enjoy Disney's legendary entertainment and Guest service as they run, jog or walk (or some combination of the three) through and around Disney Theme Parks before claiming their coveted Disney-themed finisher medal and celebrating their accomplishment in the places where dreams come true.

These family friendly events offer something for everyone, with highlights ranging from 5K runs to Kids' Races to fitness expos packed with product demonstrations, guest speakers and official race merchandise. Runners range from hardcore competitors looking to beat their personal best to first-timers looking to achieve something they once thought impossible. Many new runners use the now-legendary Run-Walk-Run method developed by official runDisney training consultant Jeff Galloway to accomplish their goal.

ON SALE NOW! (well, not yet)

Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend
•Date: Jan 8-12, 2014
•Member Early Registration*: April 3, 2013
•General Public Registration: April 9, 2013
•Discount: $10 off per person for the Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K, Goofy Challenge or the Dopey Challenge
•DVC Member Code:(see website)
•Code Expiration: June 18, 2013

Check back here on April 3 for your link to register!

*Offer valid for Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna® event new registrations from midnight EST April 3, 2013 to midnight EST April 8, 2013. To be eligible for this offer, Disney Vacation Club Members must be at least 18 years of age and must register through the special Disney Vacation Club Member link available on this page. The number of early registrations for the 2014 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend events is limited and subject to availability. Offer subject to change or termination without notice Events, dates, times and prices subject to change. All races are subject to age eligibility requirements and capacity limits. Registration fees are non-refundable. Restrictions apply."

Can't find the info on the DVC site. Can you tell me where it is?

EDIT: Found it. Its under Member Perks - Special Offers

Thanks for posting the DVC early reg info! Yay! :)
Got SO excited at the Dopey announcement - then had a reality check and decided I'm fine just doing the Half - not quite ready to be Dopey or even Goofy yet. But I'll get there! Countdown to registration ON.

pjpoohbear said:

Pj

DVC member here :)

So if I log into the DVC site - I can see this?

Checked availability on DVC rooms and need to book mine pronto.

DVC member here :)

So if I log into the DVC site - I can see this?

Checked availability on DVC rooms and need to book mine pronto.

Click on member benefits/perks, then Special offers, then RunDisney.

pjpoohbear said:
Click on member benefits/perks, then Special offers, then RunDisney.

I saw it! Great! Glad to be able to sign up early, bite the financial bullet and get it over with. Gonna close my eyes when I hit enter on the total cost of three of us running,

Will the 2014 marathon go into the speedway and WWoS?

From the Run Disney website:
Walt Disney World® Marathon Highlights
•26.2-mile course through all four Walt Disney World® Theme Parks, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex and the Walt Disney World® SPEEDWAY

•26.2-mile course through all four Walt Disney World® Theme Parks, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex and the Walt Disney World® SPEEDWAY

:woohoo: :woohoo: McFlurry TIME!!!!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I saw that but if you look at the opening paragraph in that page it just mentions the 4 parks,so it had me unsure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter