Official 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler

Question: is the course completely flat? I looked at a course map on Map My Run and it looks flat, but is that right!
Nope, not all flat. Much of it is, but we go up and around/over a cloverleaf overpass twice. Beyond that, just some minor ups and downs here and there.

Don't know about Map My Run, but RunKeeper usually won't read overpasses/brushes as elevation changes for me. My maps look pretty flat, even when I do hill (bridge) repeats.

I am not a fan of the dark, Is most of the course "lite" up for the run?
The highway, WWOS and most of DHS were well lit, but there were some dark spots here and there. The path into WWOS, part if the cloverleaf, a few areas in DHS were pretty dark. Just stay toward the middle of the pack and don't try to cut around folks in dark spots; I saw a few wipeouts on the dark side of the cloverleaf when ppl tried going into the grass to pass.

Has anyone gotten an email from runDisney with ToT tips and info similar to the ones now going out about Wine and Dine? I never get anything from them and I would hate to miss out on some important info. All I have so far is my active.com registration confirmation message. :confused3

Has anyone gotten an email from runDisney with ToT tips and info similar to the ones now going out about Wine and Dine? I never get anything from them and I would hate to miss out on some important info. All I have so far is my active.com registration confirmation message. :confused3

I got one a few weeks ago for ToT.

The last one I got was at the end of June.

For those that ran ToT last year did they have a lot of characters and where any unique. I would kind of like to know what they will have to get an idea of the race.

For those that ran ToT last year did they have a lot of characters and where any unique. I would kind of like to know what they will have to get an idea of the race.

There was something at each mile I can't remember who because I never had time to stop.

I didn't stop for characters, so I'm sure I'm not remembering them all, but I do recall seeing Scar, Big Bad Wolf, Haunted Mansion grave diggers, Dr. Facilier. The big names were out at the after party - Darth Vader, Maleficent, Evil Queen.,

Trying to plan for worst case scenario, but right now I am in PT and out of training...if and when I get released to run again it will have been about 6 weeks I have not run or done any cardio and about 6 weeks until the race. I have never run before and am a fluffy gal...so I just dont feel like this race is going to be a reality for me...I would rather give up now then be swept (being swept would break me)...SO HERE IS MY QUESTION:

I know Disney does not allow for selling of bibs, but I have seen lots of posts about people wanting to purchase bibs and people selling them. I am not looking to make a profit but just recoup my entry fee. I know that if caught Disney will ban you from races, and I know that I can defer but I know that running next years ToT is not possible for me...

How does one go about "selling" a bib under the table...after you have found someone that wants to buy it? Anyone with personal experience that can give me insight would be great...and if you dont want to post just PM me.

Much thanks in advance...

There was something at each mile I can't remember who because I never had time to stop.

I didn't stop for characters, so I'm sure I'm not remembering them all, but I do recall seeing Scar, Big Bad Wolf, Haunted Mansion grave diggers, Dr. Facilier. The big names were out at the after party - Darth Vader, Maleficent, Evil Queen.,

Thank you for the information. It looks like the main characters will be at the party. This does give me an idea on where I would want to stop.

This weekend I did my first IronGirl so I took some Gu chomps before the race. Recently, I had been using sports beans only beacuse I could buy them locally and not have to drive up to a sporting goods store. I forgot how much I love the chomps! The beans are just too sweet for me.

Hi everyone! New to the thread and I just read though everything. Wonderful advice! So excited for October! My husband surprised me with my entrance on my last day of work back in April before we got married! He is the best! So now it's just training and getting out there. Just booked our room at POP, had to wait till the military discount came out, but it was worth the wait.

I am no stranger to the runDisney events. Tink and PHM in 2012 and the PHM in 2013, with 6 more races in the next 6 months! ToT, the new Minnie 10k, Tink 10k and half and GSC. Just for the pink coast to coast!

On.y 2 months to go! Hope everyone's training is going well! Trying to train during the day to get used to the heat!

What's everyone up to for their long run on the weekend?

Too low to admit unfortunately. I'm at the same point I was last year but between life and being kind of meh mentally my training is suffering. I've got 2 months to pull it up though.

I managed to get a bad kidney infection this week. I think it was coming on during last weeks long run. It is the first time EVER I have had to call my dh to come get me because I couldn't finish out the run. I made it 5 miles... but fought the urge to be sick heavily that last mile. monday and tuesday for me this week were fine, but I could tell something was up... and by 5 miles on tuesday, I was certainly done. Today I was suppose to go 7 miles. With a lot of kidney pain I decided to push it to tomorrow. I just hope to get past 5. Then instead of saturday I will do my long run of 9 on sunday. First a bad cold...then this. I think I am ready for a tapper!

On.y 2 months to go! Hope everyone's training is going well! Trying to train during the day to get used to the heat!
Welcome! I think training in the daytime heat is probably a great way to prep for this - for a number of reasons, my only time for long runs is early morning... which, in west-central FL, means scorching sun and high heat/humidity. I felt great, weather-wise, by TOT! Just the absence of sun felt 100 times better than what I'd been training in.

I've got 10 planned tomorrow... looking at a forecasted start temp of near 80 and 94% humidity - not bad for August, so I'm hopeful!

I managed to get a bad kidney infection this week. I think it was coming on during last weeks long run. It is the first time EVER I have had to call my dh to come get me because I couldn't finish out the run. I made it 5 miles... but fought the urge to be sick heavily that last mile. monday and tuesday for me this week were fine, but I could tell something was up... and by 5 miles on tuesday, I was certainly done. Today I was suppose to go 7 miles. With a lot of kidney pain I decided to push it to tomorrow. I just hope to get past 5. Then instead of saturday I will do my long run of 9 on sunday. First a bad cold...then this. I think I am ready for a tapper!
I'm so sorry! :sad1: Rest up and feel better - no point in pushing it and getting worse!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I spent a few minutes yesterday looking through the TOT photo album on runD's Facebook page... it definitely perked me up! :banana:

I'm so sorry! :sad1: Rest up and feel better - no point in pushing it and getting worse!

Thanks so much :goodvibes I managed to get my 7 miles in. It actually didn't kill me. Mile six was rough though... and my pace slowed. Not sure how much of that was due to feeling pooped and the fact that all of mile six I was struggling to (sorry TMI :blush:) unweggie myself. Sometimes the shorts under my skirts dont behave! :confused3 I wouldn't have cared so much if they were riding up a bit, but the chub rub was happening and that chaffing HURTS (boy aren't I all about the TMI today :rotfl:)

Drank my coconut water and I feel almost normal.... :dance3:

I need to do 7 miles this weekend. We have to pop down to my parents house and pick up my son so have a 5 hr drive each day. Plan is to meet up with a GF Sunday am and do the run then. Hopefully DH will do most of the driving back home!

I'm basically doing Higdon Novice 2 and am set to do 7mi tomorrow.

Curious what program has some folks up to 10mi already? Or maybe that's prep for another race before ToT.

Thanks so much :goodvibes I managed to get my 7 miles in. It actually didn't kill me. Mile six was rough though... and my pace slowed. Not sure how much of that was due to feeling pooped and the fact that all of mile six I was struggling to (sorry TMI :blush:) unweggie myself. Sometimes the shorts under my skirts dont behave! :confused3 I wouldn't have cared so much if they were riding up a bit, but the chub rub was happening and that chaffing HURTS (boy aren't I all about the TMI today :rotfl:)

Drank my coconut water and I feel almost normal.... :dance3:
YAY!!! So glad it went well! Wedgie not withstanding. :rotfl2: Oh yeah, I know exactly how that dance is done - I finally got rid of a particularly bad skort after doing the wedgie-pick repeatedly over 5 miles, lol!

Curious what program has some folks up to 10mi already? Or maybe that's prep for another race before ToT.
I have a half 2 weeks after TOT, so I'm really training for that, with TOT as part of my taper. I hope to be up to 12.5-13 two weeks before TOT, and then I'll do a speed session one week and an easy 4-5 between TOT and my half.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter