Official 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler

how often do you see people get swept? is it quite regular? im so scared of being swept, i wish i never read that part. :worried:

If things happen the way I think they do... Only those who get swept will see people get swept since anyone on the course at that spot gets taken off. Then the bus/ shuttle that takes all of them to the finish is discreet so that even people who crossed the finish on their own don't know who was swept

What time are you going to try and do your post 5K ADR? I am doing the 5K too and trying to figure out what time I would book an ADR for -- still debating if I want late bkfst somewhere or early lunch somewhere.

Well, i am thinking i want to go back to the hotel and shower quick then go to late breakfast/brunch.. thinking i am going to book poly ohanas breakfast at 10:30 a.m. -- unless they have an 11am.. then i may just do that.. i believe that's the latest they offer... but breakfast there is a MUST for us. :thumbsup2

Well, i am thinking i want to go back to the hotel and shower quick then go to late breakfast/brunch.. thinking i am going to book poly ohanas breakfast at 10:30 a.m. -- unless they have an 11am.. then i may just do that.. i believe that's the latest they offer... but breakfast there is a MUST for us. :thumbsup2

See I was thinking 1030a too...but didnt know if that would be pushing it. :scratchin

Ok, thanks for your input ;)

Hey everyone! Just booked Ohana for 2, but I'm solo for Oct. 4th. My friends don't arrive until Oct.5th. So, if anyone wants to join me @5:05, just let me know. Thx,

Cindy

Hey everyone! Just booked Ohana for 2, but I'm solo for Oct. 4th. My friends don't arrive until Oct.5th. So, if anyone wants to join me @5:05, just let me know. Thx,

Cindy

Hey Cindy. I will already be down there so if u want a dinner buddy or park buddy, I will be there. I actually will come down that Wednesday before so hit me up if u want

Hey Cindy. I will already be down there so if u want a dinner buddy or park buddy, I will be there. I actually will come down that Wednesday before so hit me up if u want

Well, hey..I had no idea you were doing the TOT, that's great! Sure, I would love the company! I'll pm you.

Hi all! Anyone know if there is a way to update a 10-miler registration with a new anticipated finish time? Out of ignorance, I just submitted the max allowable time since this will be my first 10-miler -- I don't like to over-promise and under-deliver... it's a bit of a problem... :rolleyes1

Now that I've actually started training, I realize that was an overestimate and don't want to end up in the last corral. Is my only option to do a 10K between now and then and submit at package pickup? :confused3

Taken from the rundisney website faq:

Please email your updated proof of time (include the race you registered for, your official race time, along with the year and name of the race) to mailto:disneysports@trackshack.com by August 1, 2013. After August 1, all proof of time updates must be made during the Expo at the Runner Relations booth.

Please email your updated proof of time (include the race you registered for, your official race time, along with the year and name of the race) to mailto:disneysports@trackshack.com by August 1, 2013. After August 1, all proof of time updates must be made during the Expo at the Runner Relations booth.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! :worship:

I don't know how I missed that! I've been looking at too many websites and possible 10K races to do, that perhaps I went cross-eyed!! :laughing:

Perfect timing! I was going to have to track this email addy down this week to submit a time from a 10k I did today. It was a PR for me. (56:35) I was the first female finisher. (which surprised me) Not a huge turn out, but still... my time was much better than any others I have had. I think/hope this will put me in good position for corral placement.

I get to book my Ohana reservation tomorrow! We've never been there so I'm really looking forward to it. I was hoping there would be Wishes that night but no luck. That's ok. I don't want to fight the crowds getting back to our hotel anyway.

Under 6 months now kids!! Can't wait!:banana::banana:

Perfect timing! I was going to have to track this email addy down this week to submit a time from a 10k I did today. It was a PR for me. (56:35) I was the first female finisher. (which surprised me) Not a huge turn out, but still... my time was much better than any others I have had. I think/hope this will put me in good position for corral placement.

CONGRATS on your PR, that is an amazing time!!! :thumbsup2

I get to book my Ohana reservation tomorrow! We've never been there so I'm really looking forward to it. I was hoping there would be Wishes that night but no luck. That's ok. I don't want to fight the crowds getting back to our hotel anyway.

Under 6 months now kids!! Can't wait!:banana::banana:

Why no wishes? If it is a Halloween party night there will be Hallowishes, which is an even better show (IMHO)! pixiedust:

Officially started training yesterday. I have a July 4th 10k that I am prepping for. So that is my prelude to this race and hopefully I can get a halfway decent time and not be in the last group!

The hardest part of training will be last half of July. We will be on DCL in the Med. for 12 days plus a few extra in Barcelona. Between heat and other activities I am going to do my best to keep up with the training. But it will definitely be the hardest part.

I'm really glad for all this corral/proof of time talk. Today I submitted my time from a 2012 half marathon. Hopefully, I'll be in a closer corral now. The DisneySports email replied within an hour or so.

annmarieda, that's excellent on your PR!! :thumbsup2

Why no wishes? If it is a Halloween party night there will be Hallowishes, which is an even better show (IMHO)! pixiedust:

I just looked for Sunday, 10/6 and there is MNSSHP that night. Are the fireworks usually the same time as Wishes?

I'm really glad for all this corral/proof of time talk. Today I submitted my time from a 2012 half marathon. Hopefully, I'll be in a closer corral now. The DisneySports email replied within an hour or so.

That is amazing they got back to you so quickly! For the phm, it took at least a week...but I don't think more than two. I wonder if it depends on what races are nearing and how full things are.

I sent in my time from my 10k... I hope to hear back soon...but will be happy if I hear back by the end of the week.

And.. in case some of you have not seen some of the "new stuff"

2 things...

there are the rumors that for 2014 races, proof of time will have to be submitted if you think you will finish in a longer time (like for the phm it was 2:45 and now looks like it will be 3:15. Also no corral changes will be allowed at the expo.

The other thing was that runnersworld (I guess they did last year too) is offering a package where you get to buy your corral placement (as in a special corral for those with the package) and walk to the corral. (as well as get pasta in the park and race retreat) for the WDW marathon weekend...dopey challenge.

I am happy about the first (except for corral placement change at the expo... I think a lot can happen for people between registration and race day), but worry that the second will just have those who would not have submitted proper proof just buy their way in.

That's AMAZING - way to run, annmarieda! :cool1:

And.. in case some of you have not seen some of the "new stuff"

2 things...

there are the rumors that for 2014 races, proof of time will have to be submitted if you think you will finish in a longer time (like for the phm it was 2:45 and now looks like it will be 3:15. Also no corral changes will be allowed at the expo.

Yep. I just registered for the WDW Half in January and it's very clear that if you do not submit proof of your time under 3:15:00 you'll be placed in the last corral. I don't have a time I want to submit right now, so I'll have to email it in before the cutoff in Nov. I'm pretty happy with the changes, even though random corral placement has totally worked in my favor in the past, lol! I'm not a fast runner, but it would be nice to have corrals be mostly folks of similar pacing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter