Official 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler

Try the steps I outlined in the post right above yours. I just followed those steps and got all the way to the payment entry screen, but chose not to go past that point. It appears to be working fine following those steps, so perhaps the links in the registration confirmation emails simply have a problem...?

Thanks but I am referring to Park tickets, not the Villains Bash. The process is similar but it's not allowing me to view park tix. You have to use the link they send in the registration confirmation, which does not appear to be working

Thanks but I am referring to Park tickets, not the Villains Bash. The process is similar but it's not allowing me to view park tix. You have to use the link they send in the registration confirmation, which does not appear to be working

Ah, sorry!

But, I just tried that going directly through the runDisney website, and it appears to work - or at least it did for me up to the point of picking what type of tickets. For this, from the rundisney.com website:
- use the 'Travel' drop-down at the very top of the page, and select 'Walt Disney World'
- Scroll down to "Travel Packages for The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ 10-Miler Weekend" and click that
- Scroll down a little again and select "Online Ticket Store" under 'SPECIALLY PRICED THEME PARK TICKETS'
- that will open a new window or tab where you need to enter the 'Event Code' that is found in your 'Registration Confirmation' email (I don't know if I should simply list that code here or not...?), and then click Login
- there is then a screen for arrival and departure dates for your trip
- scroll down, accept the disclaimer, and 'Continue'

On the next screen I was able to scroll down to arrive at:
Multi-Day Walt Disney World Theme Park Tickets

I didn't go past that point, but perhaps this work-around will help?

Ah, sorry!

But, I just tried that going directly through the runDisney website, and it appears to work - or at least it did for me up to the point of picking what type of tickets. For this, from the rundisney.com website:
- use the 'Travel' drop-down at the very top of the page, and select 'Walt Disney World'
- Scroll down to "Travel Packages for The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ 10-Miler Weekend" and click that
- Scroll down a little again and select "Online Ticket Store" under 'SPECIALLY PRICED THEME PARK TICKETS'
- that will open a new window or tab where you need to enter the 'Event Code' that is found in your 'Registration Confirmation' email (I don't know if I should simply list that code here or not...?), and then click Login
- there is then a screen for arrival and departure dates for your trip
- scroll down, accept the disclaimer, and 'Continue'

On the next screen I was able to scroll down to arrive at:
Multi-Day Walt Disney World Theme Park Tickets

I didn't go past that point, but perhaps this work-around will help?

That solution worked for me! Also, just saw where you can split payment and use Disney Gift Cards. You can only use 2 forms of payment online, but wondering if you call in you can use more than one.

gonna have to try again when i get home

im only able to get as far as the entre your arrival/departure details and i click yes on disclaimer and then it keeps bouncing back saying their are no events during my holiday dates

i arrive on 1st october leave the 15th october .... race is during that time frame unsure as to why it keeps saying no events???

thats what made me think the spectator tickets had sold out

gonna have to try again when i get home

im only able to get as far as the entre your arrival/departure details and i click yes on disclaimer and then it keeps bouncing back saying their are no events during my holiday dates

i arrive on 1st october leave the 15th october .... race is during that time frame unsure as to why it keeps saying no events???

thats what made me think the spectator tickets had sold out

When I first tested, I used 10/20 as a departure date, and that didn't work for me either. I think the problem is that the tickets are supposedly only good for a certain amount of time before and after the event; per the disclaimer: "These specially priced Theme Park tickets must be purchased in advance and are valid during the specific dates of the event and for a limited period of time before and after the event." When I put in 10/10 as a departure date, it worked fine. edit: Just a guess, but perhaps the tickets can be used up to 1 week before or after?

I'm an annual passholder, so I haven't actually used these tickets, but hopefully someone else can chime in as to what the exact limitations are on use of the tickets before and after the race (i.e. how many days?). I don't see that information listed anywhere I have looked.

runDisney tickets -

I'm an AP holder, so I'm clueless, but I asked my friends who bought tix through runDisney for Princess: they report that A. they're substantially cheaper than any other option, by about 20% off regular price, B. they think there was a 14-day date restriction, and C. they are not eligible for upgrade.

Hope that helps some!

when i priced out a five-day ticket for my sister, it was around a $22 savings.

i haven't bought it yet because i want to see if any other special offers come out for our dates. my kids and i are planning to get APs.

I am doing the 5K. Does anyone remember what characters were out last year?

Also, I have not been able to find a course map for the 5K. Does anyone know where to find it, even if it is last year's?

Thanks,

Also, I have not been able to find a course map for the 5K. Does anyone know where to find it, even if it is last year's?

Thanks,

I don't know about characters for the 5K, but I have last year's 5K course map from the Official Race Program. Just trying to figure out the best way to post it though... Should have it up sometime soon once I figure out how to do it, unless someone else is able to post it first!

ToT5KCourseMap-reduced_zpsa0db4072.jpg

My 1st too! I used to be a CM at TOT so I figured it would be the perfect 1st race for me :goodvibes Very excited now but I'm sure nerves will kick in when I get there!

From my experience, Sports is the 1st resort for pick ups and drop offs in the All-Star complex. It was so nice getting dropped off first after a long day and if the bus filled up at Sports first then it didn't stop at the others. I'm not sure if that happens all the time or it just worked that way when I was there, so correct me if I'm wrong, but it was definitely nice!

I'm sure I will be the same way. I will be a bucket of nerves on race night.

Hmmm now you have me thinking I should switch to Sports. I agree with you that it's so nice not to have to wait on the bus or deal with the full busses. that's one of the reasons why I like POP so much..as of right now it's still the only stop on the run (Doesn't include AoA yet). but since this is a budget trip, the All stars are cheaper than POP so I went with Movies. Gotta think about switching now. :thumbsup2

Thanks,

Just saying hi! I am only doing the 5k as well. I have done a couple of the princess 1/2 marathons and some of the 5ks as well, i would have liked to do the 10 miler, but i have my dd12 with me, and she would not be able to hack a 10miler! :rotfl2:

I am writing down the park hours now and getting my thoughts together to decide on dining! (My fav part.. :lmao: ) Right now my schedule looks like this:

Thurs Oct 3 - arrive
Friday Oct. 4 - a.m. emh at DHS then off to the expo - and hoping for MNSSHP at night??
Sat. Oct 5 - 5k day then hanging out by pool and DTD
Sun. Oct 6 - MK
Mon. Oct 7 - AK
Tues. Oct 8 - Epcot
Weds. - leaving.

Now... i gotta decide on food. For us, Poly breakfast at Ohana's is gonna be post - race. :thumbsup2 that's about the only thing i am sure of.. ah... life should be full of such hard decisions to make! :rolleyes1

Now... i gotta decide on food. For us, Poly breakfast at Ohana's is gonna be post - race. :thumbsup2 that's about the only thing i am sure of.. ah... life should be full of such hard decisions to make! :rolleyes1

What time are you going to try and do your post 5K ADR? I am doing the 5K too and trying to figure out what time I would book an ADR for -- still debating if I want late bkfst somewhere or early lunch somewhere.

Hi Guys

well i officially started my training last night since biting the bullett. i managed 2 miles in 17 mins i was quite impressed with that. as ive said before i do a walk/jog i cant run due to prosthetic leg.

i think thats a good starting point, im actually terrified of being swept off the course. i will be so embarassed.

im only going to stop for characters i want to see, not gonna stop for ones i can meet during regular park hours. hopin for big bad wolf and hyenas but hopefully i can keep up the pace 16/mile. if i start slowing down towards the end, do they sweep you?

or is it an average of 16mins/mile? or do you have to meet 16mins per mile?

never done this run before and im quite nervous, im also a solo runner now the wife has got a ticket for the party she just wants to watch.

is it a good atmosphere at these rundisney events?

i really dont know what to expect at all.

Just saying hi! I am only doing the 5k as well. I have done a couple of the princess 1/2 marathons and some of the 5ks as well, i would have liked to do the 10 miler, but i have my dd12 with me, and she would not be able to hack a 10miler! :rotfl2:

I am writing down the park hours now and getting my thoughts together to decide on dining! (My fav part.. :lmao: ) Right now my schedule looks like this:

Thurs Oct 3 - arrive
Friday Oct. 4 - a.m. emh at DHS then off to the expo - and hoping for MNSSHP at night??
Sun. Oct 6 - MK
Mon. Oct 7 - AK
Tues. Oct 8 - Epcot
Weds. - leaving.

Hello! This will be my first Disney race. I have actually only done one 5K and that was 2 years ago. I am trying to get back into it with my ultimate goal being the Princess 1/2. We have had our trip planned for quite a while, so I was excited to see there was an option while I was there.

We get to make dining ressies tomorrow. We are hoping for an early lunch at Yak & Yeti after the race. That just happened to be the park we had planned for Saturday, so it worked out well.

I am not a fast runner, but maybe we can meet while there because I will be running solo. My DD is only 6 and cannot do a 5K yet.

See ya!

Thurs Oct 3 - arrive
Sun. Oct 6 - MK
Mon. Oct 7 - AK
Tues. Oct 8 - Epcot
Weds. - leaving.

Oops! I meant to tell our schedule. Doesn't look like any of our days match up.

10/3 - arrive - dinner at Chef Mickey's
10/4 - MK - visit expo instead of afternoon break
10/5 - 5K - AK
10/6 - DHS
10/7 - EPCOT - FW
10/8 - Resort day/DTD
10/9 - MK
10/10 - EPCOT - WS
10/11 - head home

how often do you see people get swept? is it quite regular? im so scared of being swept, i wish i never read that part. :worried:

Hi Guys

well i officially started my training last night since biting the bullett. i managed 2 miles in 17 mins i was quite impressed with that. as ive said before i do a walk/jog i cant run due to prosthetic leg.

i think thats a good starting point, im actually terrified of being swept off the course. i will be so embarassed.

im only going to stop for characters i want to see, not gonna stop for ones i can meet during regular park hours. hopin for big bad wolf and hyenas but hopefully i can keep up the pace 16/mile. if i start slowing down towards the end, do they sweep you?

or is it an average of 16mins/mile? or do you have to meet 16mins per mile?

never done this run before and im quite nervous, im also a solo runner now the wife has got a ticket for the party she just wants to watch.

is it a good atmosphere at these rundisney events?

i really dont know what to expect at all.

I think rundisney events are wonderful! I think your wife should have a good time at the party both enjoying it and watching the runners finish.

The sweepers have worried me in the past too. Just keep this in mind... When the last person crosses the start, that is when the sweepers head out. If you were in a corral that started before that last persons.... Or were ahead of that person in any way... You will have that much of a buffer between you and he sweepers. I finished last year with nearly a 17 min/mile pace (ran with someone who was not up for faster and I stayed with her... And we stopped for some pics). While we did not have that many people finish behind us... We did not once see the sweepers. So... They don't actually pace you personally... They keep that 16 min mile pace themselves and bring up the rear.... Taking anyone off the course they come across.

I think if you continue to train you should be fine. Just make sure to have a 10k time to submit that will keep you out of the last corral.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter