Official 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler

That's AMAZING - way to run, annmarieda! :cool1:

thanks so much! :goodvibes

Yep. I just registered for the WDW Half in January and it's very clear that if you do not submit proof of your time under 3:15:00 you'll be placed in the last corral. I don't have a time I want to submit right now, so I'll have to email it in before the cutoff in Nov. I'm pretty happy with the changes, even though random corral placement has totally worked in my favor in the past, lol! I'm not a fast runner, but it would be nice to have corrals be mostly folks of similar pacing.

I agree... corrals placing people with similar pacing would be great. I imagine that has been the intent all along, but I know that some people just put down the 2:45 or even turn in "official times" that are not really all that accurate. I hope it helps to curb that a bit. I do think that the no corral placement changes at expo is a bit tough. So much can happen between the cut off and the expo. I was very committed last year to training for the ToT... but the cut off was too soon for me to get a time to submit. By the time the race happened I was running a much better pace than I was by the cut off. So what I think this will do is just keep less experience runners out of the first corrals... Now I have plenty of times to go off of since I have been at this for a year. That being said...even being slightly more experience this year than last... I imagine that I may have room to improve between July and October.

annmarieda, that's excellent on your PR!! :thumbsup2

Thanks! :goodvibes

I just looked for Sunday, 10/6 and there is MNSSHP that night. Are the fireworks usually the same time as Wishes?

I hope someone has a more solid answer for you, but I think the fireworks (Hallowishes) were at about 9pm last year....

I'm really glad for all this corral/proof of time talk. Today I submitted my time from a 2012 half marathon. Hopefully, I'll be in a closer corral now. The DisneySports email replied within an hour or so.

I was impressed by how fast they got back to you...but still thought I would hope for a week. Well, guess what???? They got back to me as well within a very short time today. Not only that... I got a confirmation not just from trackshack...but active. The one from active showed my previous anticipated finish time and my new anticipated time. I have never had a double set of confirmations like this. Hopefully this is a sign that rundisney is getting more on the ball with these races.

I hope someone has a more solid answer for you, but I think the fireworks (Hallowishes) were at about 9pm last year....

Thanks for the info! I booked at 7:55 so if they are at 8:00 or 9:00 I should be covered. And ask for a window seat right? We've never seen the EWP so I'm hoping to catch that too!

The DisneySports email replied within an hour or so.

They got back to me as well within a very short time today. Not only that... I got a confirmation not just from trackshack...but active. The one from active showed my previous anticipated finish time and my new anticipated time. I have never had a double set of confirmations like this. Hopefully this is a sign that rundisney is getting more on the ball with these races.

Good to hear! Thanks for sharing, guys -- always nice to know what to expect. :)

Thanks for the info! I booked at 7:55 so if they are at 8:00 or 9:00 I should be covered. And ask for a window seat right? We've never seen the EWP so I'm hoping to catch that too!

I would ask... I have always booked during a time where wishes might be going on... and never been able to see the fireworks. However... I have NEVER asked for a window seat. :rotfl: I suppose that would have been the thing to do. ;)

how do the placements work? if you dont submit a time you are automatically in the last corral?
So they say, and maybe they'll actually do that going forward... But I've not once entered proof of time and was corralled in C for TOT (out of A - D), and C for Princess (out of A - H). I don't know if I've just had ridiculously good luck or if there's some odd, secret system for corral placement at play. :confused3

I do think that the no corral placement changes at expo is a bit tough. So much can happen between the cut off and the expo.
I totally agree. I understand it from runDisney's perspective, too, though; I'm sure it's a mess to re-corral people at the last minute and can wreck havoc on whatever system was in place to keep corrals at a certain amount each.

So what I think this will do is just keep less experience runners out of the first corrals...
I've been pondering this, too... I wonder if this is an intended consequence and is aimed at getting the first-timers to keep coming back year after year in hopes of ever better times?

I totally agree. I understand it from runDisney's perspective, too, though; I'm sure it's a mess to re-corral people at the last minute and can wreck havoc on whatever system was in place to keep corrals at a certain amount each.

I've been pondering this, too... I wonder if this is an intended consequence and is aimed at getting the first-timers to keep coming back year after year in hopes of ever better times?

I had not thought about that... but that makes sense. If a mass amount of people all attempt to move from one corral to the next I imagine that would cause quite the congestion in the corral. All of this just points towards encouraging people to be ready when they register. (or paying the exorbitant fee to have a "special" corral placement ;))

Whazzup people?? I'm sorry, I've been MIA for a while, I want to try and check the board here more often and see how everyone is!!

Annmarie, NICE PR!!!! It is my goal to get a sub-hour 10K someday, I don't think it will happen for me yet this year, but I keep striving toward it!!! CONGRATS!!!! :thumbsup2

How is everyone's training going?? Have you started training yet? Waiting a bit??

I'm already training because I have a half marathon in August :goodvibes So my long run last weekend was 7 miles, which makes me happy that I'm almost to where I need to be for the TOT!! I know the next couple weekends will probably be wonky, so I'm happy I hit the 7 on Sunday!!

Hope everyone has a great day!! Keep up the awesome work :goodvibes And I'll try to be on here more often!! I'm such a slacker LOL!!

Whazzup people?? How is everyone's training going?? Have you started training yet? Waiting a bit??

freepixie-Great job on your training! Sounds like you're right on track.:woohoo:

I have a 5k this Sunday, a 5k on 5/4 (Color Me Rad, I'm so excited!) and a hilly 10 miler (Mountain Goat Run) on 5/5. Oh, and I'm attemping a sprint triathlon this summer.:scared1:

Anyone else have races coming up?

I have the Monument 10K here in Richmond this Saturday then the Marine Corps Half in Fredericksburg in May.

All of this just points towards encouraging people to be ready when they register. (or paying the exorbitant fee to have a "special" corral placement ;))
::yes:: Yep, I'm thinking a fairly large push toward that last part, lol!

How is everyone's training going?? Have you started training yet? Waiting a bit??

I'm already training because I have a half marathon in August :goodvibes So my long run last weekend was 7 miles, which makes me happy that I'm almost to where I need to be for the TOT!!
Hi freepixie! Good work :thumbsup2 I'm sort of in limbo - not training for any particular event, just working on rebuilding speed now that I seem to past my injury. So far, so good: I've got my average pace down from the 16+min/mile mess of TOT to just over 12:00/mile on my last run - hooray!

Yep, a 5K this Saturday and a 10K May 5. After that, nothing until TOT; we're heading into the off season for racing here in FL.

I did the Color Run last weekend with my 6yo...not much running though. ;)

I officially started my C210K training this week. I have the Peachtree RR on July 4th. That is the only thing I have scheduled. July is going to be tough for me as we are going to be on the DCL Magic for 12 days after I finish the Peachtree.

But hopefully I can do a little training on vacation and gear back up for the last couple of months when we get back. I'm not really expecting to have an amazing time...just not wanting to get swept!

I'm planning on doing a 5K this weekend (if the weather cooperates- I'm such a wuss LOL), a 10K at the end of the month, another 10K on the 4th of July, and I have the Biggest Loser half marathon August 17 I think!! I'm also considering doing a 10K the day after the half-marathon because I have done that 10K the last couple years and I really enjoy it, just not sure how my legs will feel about running that after running a half!!

This is what I have scheduled so far:

April 14 - Red Shoe Shuffle 5K
June 1 - Run for the Dream 8K (I'll probably walk this with DH)
June 2 - Run for the Dream 1/2 marathon (my first half!)
June 23 - Baltimore Women's Classic 5K

I think June may be a little race heavy :hyper:

So am I the only newbie to running? I'm still waiting for rundisney to post a 2013 training guide for TOT :) I would have started with the 5k but I'm not a morning person, lol.

f

I've got the Rock the Parkway Half-Marathon Saturday, the Kansas Half-Marathon next weekend, Color Me Rad 5K May 4th, and Running with the Cows Half-Marathon on May 11th.

Sadly, I've been having trouble with my IT Band the last couple of weeks, so while I signed up for these halves hoping for a PR, now I'm just hoping to finish them all. :(

I've got the Rock the Parkway Half-Marathon Saturday, the Kansas Half-Marathon next weekend, Color Me Rad 5K May 4th, and Running with the Cows Half-Marathon on May 11th.

Sadly, I've been having trouble with my IT Band the last couple of weeks, so while I signed up for these halves hoping for a PR, now I'm just hoping to finish them all. :(

Hi Kansas friend!! Good luck at Rock the Parkway. You doing anything for Hospital Hill?

I did a 10k this weekend and got in just under an hour--my first thought was that I needed email track shack and update my time. I like that they send out a confirmation email now with an updated expected finish time. This Sunday I have the Fitness 1/2 in central park.

Does anyone know what food options there are post race at the party? I know the food court back at the hotel will be closed and that box just isn't going to cut it... At wine and dine only the stands were open, no actual restaurants so I'm curious what they do for this one.

Whazzup people?? I'm sorry, I've been MIA for a while, I want to try and check the board here more often and see how everyone is!!

Annmarie, NICE PR!!!! It is my goal to get a sub-hour 10K someday, I don't think it will happen for me yet this year, but I keep striving toward it!!! CONGRATS!!!! :thumbsup2

I'm already training because I have a half marathon in August :goodvibes So my long run last weekend was 7 miles, which makes me happy that I'm almost to where I need to be for the TOT!! I know the next couple weekends will probably be wonky, so I'm happy I hit the 7 on Sunday!!

Hope everyone has a great day!! Keep up the awesome work :goodvibes And I'll try to be on here more often!! I'm such a slacker LOL!!

Hi!! I've started training...well i've been running for the past 9 months but 6 weeks I started from scratch basically with Hal Higdon's 5K program. I plan to continue on to his spring training plan, I found it to be the most in line with how quickly I want to add mileage and spacing things perfectly for the race!

Does anyone use Nike plus or Daily Mile? I am so lonely training by myself! Would love some virtual training buddies!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter