Official 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler

I have a question about the theme park tickets. I am trying to buy through the online store with the special password for the race and it says that the store does not exist. Anyone else have this problem??
Diane

Is it normal for people to bring kids to the after-party? We definitely won't make it to 4am, but just curious.

my two older kids (11 and 8) will be at the after-party with my sister. they are excited for the party!

the youngest (age 2) is staying home with dad. (and it will be hard to leave him, but i know he wouldn't enjoy our schedule for the weekend.)

My family is all registered!

I'm running the 10 miler and it's going to be my first "big" race.

This thread has been great reading for all the tips and advice. I'm sure I'll be in and out with questions!

I have a question about the theme park tickets. I am trying to buy through the online store with the special password for the race and it says that the store does not exist. Anyone else have this problem??
Diane

I was able to get in fine when I just tried. I went to the "Travel" link at the top of the Run Disney site, then chose WDW, then chose the 10 miler and then it had me enter the code and I was able to get in and do it. Maybe the system was loaded earlier with Wine & Dine registrants? That just opened today.

Of course, we all know Disney's websites would never experience problems...:rotfl2:

This year we are not planning on leaving that early- we are staying at the Boardwalk so we will walk over to the staging area and avoid all the transportation stuff :woohoo:

Count me in for the BW walk! What time do you think we should leave to get to the staging area?

Doesn't it figure the one time I could "sleep in" a little because I can walk to the race start, it's a night race? :lmao:

Based on this thread, I'll have a lot of company on the walk from BW to the race. :wizard:

I'm at the BC, so I might do the walk, also

It's gonna be a party walking over :banana: Woot Woot!!

Count me in for the BW walk! What time do you think we should leave to get to the staging area?

Doesn't it figure the one time I could "sleep in" a little because I can walk to the race start, it's a night race? :lmao:

Hmm, I guess we will have to wait to see what our Final race instructions will say as to what time they want us in our corrals. For me, our family is planning on going to church before the race (about 5:00, so we should be back to the room no later than 6:30), so probably leaving the room 7:30-8:00 should be sufficient, but like I said, let's wait and see what the Final Race instructions tell us :goodvibes

I had posted this in a FB group last evening, and I thought I would share here too!!

Time to start thinking of costumes, folks ;)

I'm going as Rainbow Brite this year, I already bought the rainbow socks and suspenders, and I found this online:

http://www.target.com/p/adult-light...4136730#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=rainbow+tutu

It is a rainbow light-up tutu!! Evidently I bought the last one that Target had online :lmao: But it is also on Amazon too!! (Actually it is cheaper on Amazon, I only ended up purchasing it from Target cause I had a gift card, so essentially I didn't have to pay anything for it!)

I just hope I like how I look in it- I'm not really a tutu fan :scared:, but I'm willing to take this chance cause it is super-cute and I love that it lights up since this is a night-time race :thumbsup2 Last year there were a whole bunch of girls in the blue autism awareness light-up tutus that were super cute!!!

I'll keep you all updated on how it looks when it arrives :upsidedow

For everyone asking how full the race is, this was included in the Wine and Dine email today.

Register now for a weekend of towering fun, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ 10-Miler (52% full) October 4-5, 2013! Haunted by Disney villains at every turn, the 10-Miler course will take you on a thrilling journey through ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex and Disney’s Hollywood Studios before finishing in the shadow of The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™.

I just signed up, never ran 10 miles before but I thought this would be a great way to motivate myself.

I've been thinking and I've got two good ideas: Haunted Mansion ghost (white tech top, white dance skirt - both "stained" and festooned with plastic bugs, worms, etc.) and Taffyta Muttonfudge from Wreck-It Ralph (pink tech top, pink sparkly skirt, pink & white swirled socks/calf sleeves), but both involve skirts... and I swore NO MORE sparkly skirts after last year's TOT. Then I wore one for Princess... and swore again, NO MORE skirts. They bunched up and drove me bananas in both races. So I'm kind of in a pickle, lol!

I think Rainbow Brite will be adorable! :thumbsup2

sorry if this is a dumb question, but do people dress in costume for the 5k as well? I would love to do a costume with my dd!!

so how hard is the course for this race? i havent done many distance races but half the people im working with are doing this race so i was thinking of joining them.

so how hard is the course for this race? i havent done many distance races but half the people im working with are doing this race so i was thinking of joining them.

other than the occasional on ramp to the highway it is a pretty flat course. I do wish that it ran through a park... but overall a nice course. (I even maybe am in the minority and liked the gravel "haunted trail" part...even though it was way to congested)

I had posted this in a FB group last evening, and I thought I would share here too!!

I'm going as Rainbow Brite this year, I already bought the rainbow socks and suspenders, and I found this online:

I'm going as rainbow brite to a superhero race in May! I haven't done anything with the costume yet, so I have to get on that... I'd love to do something from the Twilight Zone since in the future we'll all be wearing spandex leotards according to them, but I'm thinking Cheshire Cat for the sake of simplicity and not being repeatedly asked, "So, what are you?"

other than the occasional on ramp to the highway it is a pretty flat course. I do wish that it ran through a park... but overall a nice course. (I even maybe am in the minority and liked the gravel "haunted trail" part...even though it was way to congested)

I am with Ann in that I liked the course overall and was a fan of the run through the woods. I slowed down for this part just so I wouldn't turn an ankle or anything...but seriously, it is a Disney race so I was happy to go slow at points and take it all in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter