• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler

debrapagliasotti said:
You can walk from BW to YC/BC -- I wish I could remember how long the walk was. We asked at the Inkeepers Lounge when we stayed at BW in Dec, but then opted to just take the boat across, but yes, you can walk. The bridge across is near Swan/Dolphin.

Yes, and I believe you can walk from BW to the start of the race as well, avoiding any need for a bus :)

Yes, and I believe you can walk from BW to the start of the race as well, avoiding any need for a bus :)

Yes, you can walk from the Boardwalk area to the start of the race at DHS- that's what we did last year! And we walked back to the resort after the race also.

tcmata said:
Yes, you can walk from the Boardwalk area to the start of the race at DHS- that's what we did last year! And we walked back to the resort after the race also.

How long did it take you to walk? Not trying to get there right at the fireworks, but excited that I don't have to wait in line for a bus to again wait in line for a bathroom (who am I kidding, that will happen anyway) then wait to go to my corrals.

So, what do you think the chances are of having a MNSSHP from Sept 30-Oct 6.. ? I would love to be able to do that while i am there..

How long did it take you to walk? Not trying to get there right at the fireworks, but excited that I don't have to wait in line for a bus to again wait in line for a bathroom (who am I kidding, that will happen anyway) then wait to go to my corrals.

I think it took about 20-25 minutes to walk from the Boardwalk to the parking lot for the start of the race.

I'm registered!!! This will be my first Disney race, I really want to run the PHM but I thought this would be good training and to keep me on track!

I have tons of questions but i'm reading the threads like crazy at the moment!

It's about a mile to walk from BW to HS. I'll be walking from our room at BWV to the start corral also. I'm sure alot of people will have the same idea so add a few extra minutes for foot traffic to get there.

Coming out from lurking...

I am running the TOT race this fall, basically I caved under peer pressure and now I am really excited. Some fellow DISfriends that I "met" through writing PTR for our Christmas Trip in 2011 are getting together for a girls trip and DISmet together around F&W, MNSSHP, and TOT Run.

I have never ran before in my life, the only time I have ever ran was cross training for swimming in high school and that was :rolleyes1 too many years ago and my swim coach shed lots of tears over my running. I do come from a sister who was a long distance state winner, my husband who was also state champion...and my dd who is a long distance runner!

Basically the girls decided to do this and would not let me be the cheerleader...I am glad they pushed me into this because I feel like I am doing something and it is getting me a trip to WDW without my husband blinking when I walk through the door....:rotfl2:

Coming out from lurking...

I am running the TOT race this fall, basically I caved under peer pressure and now I am really excited. Some fellow DISfriends that I "met" through writing PTR for our Christmas Trip in 2011 are getting together for a girls trip and DISmet together around F&W, MNSSHP, and TOT Run.

I have never ran before in my life, the only time I have ever ran was cross training for swimming in high school and that was :rolleyes1 too many years ago and my swim coach shed lots of tears over my running. I do come from a sister who was a long distance state winner, my husband who was also state champion...and my dd who is a long distance runner!

Basically the girls decided to do this and would not let me be the cheerleader...I am glad they pushed me into this because I feel like I am doing something and it is getting me a trip to WDW without my husband blinking when I walk through the door....:rotfl2:

:wave: You are gonna do AWESOME! I had no prior athletic experience.... I mean... seriously... I didn't even run during PE in school. Often I sat PE out (any chance I could) A year ago, I couldn't run a quarter mile.... and now, well you know how I am doing. While cheering would have been fun too... I think you are going to love the sense of accomplishment you will have when the race is over. :goodvibes

That's awesome - good for you! :cheer2:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but... I'm actually looking forward to another long, HOT summer of training runs. :faint: I am so sick of trying to decide on what to wear on these chilly (yeah, yeah, I know - boo hoo, poor Floridian, right?! It's okay, I know how good I've got it ;) ) mornings; summer is just so easy, in comparison - shorts or skort, sleeveless tank, socks, shoes, out the door.

I will, of course, still complain when I'm near heat stroke or dodging lightning strikes as I run through a tropical storm, come late August. :rotfl:

That's awesome - good for you! :cheer2:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but... I'm actually looking forward to another long, HOT summer of training runs. :faint: I am so sick of trying to decide on what to wear on these chilly (yeah, yeah, I know - boo hoo, poor Floridian, right?! It's okay, I know how good I've got it ;) ) mornings; summer is just so easy, in comparison - shorts or skort, sleeveless tank, socks, shoes, out the door.

I will, of course, still complain when I'm near heat stroke or dodging lightning strikes as I run through a tropical storm, come late August. :rotfl:

:rotfl: I hear ya, sister! Ive had my heat on the past few mornings. Sneezing my head off with allergies, too! Bring on the heat!!

Count us in. DD and I will be running dressed as Alice and the Queen of Hearts. We are stayng at Boardwalk. DH and DS will be there too as volunteers.

Cindy
:earboy2::ccat::tigger::tink:

I still need to register. I am thinking next week. I still don't see a bar, so i assume we are still under the 50% mark. I have a feeling that is going to jump up the closer to the end of march we get. I have a 10k that I am going to run next week... to use as a time to submit. Not that I need to get into a specific corral... but I want to see what corral I get into. Running in that corral will depend on where my friends end up.

There will probably be 2-3 MNSSHP's during that time.

I hope so! We have done MVMCP but never the halloween one.. i am so excited. We use to go to WDW a few times a year when i was married, but when we go for this race, it will 3 years since my divorce and me and dd have not had a trip together.. this will be my first one that i have paid for with my new career and on my own. I want it to be super special. Can't wait to come up with some great costumes!

Spunky946 said:
Does anyone know if my dh signs up and he can't run, if they can be transferred?

Disney states they're non-refundable and non-transferable and you can be prohibited from running future races if you break the rules. That being said, I've seen people selling bibs at the last minute for W&D and Princess.

How much of Disney will you be visiting BEFORE the race?

I'm trying to plan our schedule out--
We arrive early (about noon) on Friday, and will leave early Monday afternoon.
While we're primarily there for the race, there's also the food and wine festival, MNSSHP, and just other general "Disney World" to see and do! I'm having a hard time figuring out just how much I should be trying to squeeze in without wearing myself out before the race.

Should we go to a park (likely Magic Kingdom) as soon as we arrive Friday...then rest on Saturday?

Or do you think a park early in the day on Saturday is "do able" without getting too tired?

What about going to ESPN to pick up the race packet? Should I plan to do that as early as possible on Friday, or will waiting 'till Saturday be better (especially if we plan to not go to a park Saturday?)

How long does packet pick up take?
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter