Official 2013 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Thread

You're very best is all you can do...I'm sure you're gonna do great! Not sure what specifcs you're looking for on the sweepers, maybe I can help. Sweepers will start after the very last runner crosses the start line and from there will maintain the 16 min per mile minimum pace. This means that the further you start ahead of the last person, the more of a cushion you have built in. I've read that there are certain sweeping spots and at those places there is a bus waiting and race officials will block the course at those points when the sweeper passes and anyone behind will unfortunately not be allowed to continue. I have also heard that the sweepers will sometimes give some verbal warnings...letting everyone around them know they are there and they need to pick it up a bit and stay in front of them. They are sometimes also called the "balloon lady"...I'm assuming because he/she wears baloons on them somewhere? However, don't confuse them with pacers...you may see some runners in the corrals or throughout the race course holding a stick with balloons on it and a time written on the balloon...like 2:45 or 3:00, etc...that's a pacer who you can stick with throughout the race if the time on their baloon is your goal time and they'll get you across the finish line in that time or less. So not all balloons indicate a sweeper! I believe that anyone picked up is bussed to the finish area and is still offered a medal. Try not to worry about it though...just run it the way you trained and have fun If you're concerned with being too slow and happen to be placed in the last corral, get there early enough and work your way up to the front of your corral...this will give you at least a few minutes cushion. Good Luck!

This is super helpful, thanks! Any tips on working your way up in the last corral? I have no times so I'm definitely in E.

This year the sweepers would tell you how much lead you have on them at each mile marker. I have read that the sweep points are at miles 4 and 10, but that is probably different this time since we go through both parks at the start of the race.

Got shipping notification today on my tutu skirt for the race! I can't wait to see it! I ordered this one kind of blind :) The lady had Belle and Cinderella skirts on her site along with some others, and I just asked if she could do a Tink one...so I don't even really know what to expect! I didn't spend a ridiculous amount on it though so I figure if I don't like it for some reason, I'll pick up a new Team Sparkle skirt at the expo and won't be too upset about it.

It hit me yesterday that this race/trip is really creeping up on me! I decided yesterday that I wanted to rearrange some furniture in my living room, entryway and office area so for most of the day my entire downstairs was a complete disaster! I should have been making my race shirt and making lists of what I need to get before the trip!!! Because then I realized that this coming weekend is really my last "free" weekend before I leave...and most of it will probably be spent cleaning and straightening out the mess I made yesterday because we have company coming to stay next weekend for the Houston Marathon weekend...:scared1: I forsee alot of last minute hiding clutter in closets! And in between all that, I still need to get some runs in, right? :thumbsup2 (and take down Christmas tree & decorations...I just remembered that one :headache:)

I registered for Tink and the 5K a long time ago, but gave up going because... well, let me cut to the chase! I just booked a last minute flight deal (red eye flights both ways) and now I'll actually be there in time to do the 5K but not in time to pick up my 5K packet. I know this is a ridiculous request from an absolute stranger, but is there anyone who would be willing to pick up my 5K packet for me and meet me somewhere (near the start line??) on race morning so I can do the race?

It's a lot to ask, but I'd really appreciate it. I'll send you all the paperwork by email. I'm not active on these boards so much anymore, but I'm pretty blabby on the FB page.

Wendy

VickiHD said:
We were talking about a "mom and pop" restaurant called Marri's Pizza and Pasta. 1194 W. Katella Ave in Anaheim. Good food and they also deliver to hotel room. The location is nothing fancy in a little strip mall across from the street from the parking lot next to Paradise Pier. But they have really good food.

Yep. Marri's is my pre race ritual now. Lol.

So, my sister isn't running Tink with me. I have her spot available if anyone is interested.

I finally did a workout yesterday. 15 minutes of core exercises followed by a 2 mile walk on my treadmill @ 4mph pace. I fought the urge to go longer and faster. I felt good during and after the workout, and I feel good today as well. :goodvibes.

I am looking forward to trying Marri's!

Did someone post a link here a while back for a place that had a really great selection of tiaras? I can't remember if it was here or on the Princess thread, but I wanted to look at those again!

Did someone post a link here a while back for a place that had a really great selection of tiaras? I can't remember if it was here or on the Princess thread, but I wanted to look at those again!

I think I did over at Princess thread but here it is....Stumps Party
http://www.stumpsparty.com/

I'm happy with the one I got and I'm trying not to "wear it out" before the race. :rotfl:

Happy shopping :)

I registered for Tink and the 5K a long time ago, but gave up going because... well, let me cut to the chase! I just booked a last minute flight deal (red eye flights both ways) and now I'll actually be there in time to do the 5K but not in time to pick up my 5K packet. I know this is a ridiculous request from an absolute stranger, but is there anyone who would be willing to pick up my 5K packet for me and meet me somewhere (near the start line??) on race morning so I can do the race?

It's a lot to ask, but I'd really appreciate it. I'll send you all the paperwork by email. I'm not active on these boards so much anymore, but I'm pretty blabby on the FB page.

Wendy

Sent you a PM.

We are going to be there 18-23. We are going to do Disney of course but is there anything outside Disney that is a good idea etc. I obviously don't want to do too much walking Pre-half

So I'm officially in crazy mode right now!! Got my lists done for WDW and DL over the weekend (only thing keeping me sane and will keep me sane when I get home), started packing for WDW and thought I could try to do some for Tink, but almost everything I need for WDW I need for Tink except my Smee outfit and my Hook shirt. But on the upside, for some Jake and the Pirate fun kits for kids in the $1 section at Target for some Smee/Captain Hook stickers and some white looking feathers at Michael's, so hopefully can glue something somewhat okay looking for the 1/2.

And random non-Tink tangent, WDW changed the reservations site! Tried to do the early check in, and no luck. Grrrrr... Couldn't they have waited a week or two?

We are going to be there 18-23. We are going to do Disney of course but is there anything outside Disney that is a good idea etc. I obviously don't want to do too much walking Pre-half

There's DTD and an AMC movie theater as well as the Garden Walk across from DL, but you mentioned you don't want to walk that much. Will you have a car? You could head out to Huntington Beach Saturday if the weather's nice.

So I'm officially in crazy mode right now!! Got my lists done for WDW and DL over the weekend (only thing keeping me sane and will keep me sane when I get home), started packing for WDW and thought I could try to do some for Tink, but almost everything I need for WDW I need for Tink except my Smee outfit and my Hook shirt. But on the upside, for some Jake and the Pirate fun kits for kids in the $1 section at Target for some Smee/Captain Hook stickers and some white looking feathers at Michael's, so hopefully can glue something somewhat okay looking for the 1/2.

And random non-Tink tangent, WDW changed the reservations site! Tried to do the early check in, and no luck. Grrrrr... Couldn't they have waited a week or two?

Kim,
Just try and hang in there !!! Wishing you safe and stress free travels and a great race in WDW !!!!! Can't wait to hear all about it. After what you are going to do in WDW...Tink will just be a "walk in the park". :woohoo:

score! I just got all the paperwork I needed from the person I bought the extra bib from online for the BF...so glad it worked out and I didn't lose the $$! Definitely took a chance there :) I'm sure DBF will be ECSTATIC to know it all actually worked out ;) He caught up to me on saturday right when we both had 1 mile to go until we were back home from our long runs (I ran 8...he ran 12 :lmao:). Normally he'll just high five on the way by and wait for me at the finish but he decided to slow up and run the last mile with me...on the condition that I run the whole mile, no breaks (I've been doing half mile breaks since I was ill and missed so many runs)...he said, jokingly, "you wanted me with you at Tink and this is how it's gonna be, so let's go...pick it up!" hahahahaha! He knows better...tell me what to do and I will promptly do the opposite ::yes::

There's DTD and an AMC movie theater as well as the Garden Walk across from DL, but you mentioned you don't want to walk that much. Will you have a car? You could head out to Huntington Beach Saturday if the weather's nice.

How far is Huntington Beach? What is there to do? I'd like to do a day at the beach on Sunday after Tink.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter