Official 2013 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Thread

score! I just got all the paperwork I needed from the person I bought the extra bib from online for the BF...so glad it worked out and I didn't lose the $$! Definitely took a chance there :) I'm sure DBF will be ECSTATIC to know it all actually worked out ;) He caught up to me on saturday right when we both had 1 mile to go until we were back home from our long runs (I ran 8...he ran 12 :lmao:). Normally he'll just high five on the way by and wait for me at the finish but he decided to slow up and run the last mile with me...on the condition that I run the whole mile, no breaks (I've been doing half mile breaks since I was ill and missed so many runs)...he said, jokingly, "you wanted me with you at Tink and this is how it's gonna be, so let's go...pick it up!" hahahahaha! He knows better...tell me what to do and I will promptly do the opposite ::yes::

Your DBF sounds adorable and such a trooper! First the "A-Man-Duh" comment and now he's sassin' you while running, love it! You are one lucky girl :). I wanna snag one that'll do disney runs with me :(. I'm goin' on a man hunt at tink ;). :rotfl2:

Your DBF sounds adorable and such a trooper! First the "A-Man-Duh" comment and now he's sassin' you while running, love it! You are one lucky girl :). I wanna snag one that'll do disney runs with me :(. I'm goin' on a man hunt at tink ;). :rotfl2:

He's alright I guess :thumbsup2

I STILL haven't put my race shirts together :headache: I thought maybe last night, but after I ate dinner I got stuck in the black hole that is Amazon :rolleyes: MUST get that done this weekend...my skirt is delivering tomorrow, so I have to get it done so I can see the complete ensemble!

How far is Huntington Beach? What is there to do? I'd like to do a day at the beach on Sunday after Tink.

The beach is really nice, big and long. There's a pier w/ a restaurant at the end, 50's diner type I think. There's a main street that is perpendicular to the beach that has a ton of shops that are nice to browse. Kind of a laid back surfy type area. And like Vicki said about 30-40 min depending on traffic.

Kim - Hope you have a great time running Goofy at WDW! Can't wait to hear all about it!!!

Good luck Kim! Have fun!!!

Thanks guys! Not so sure about the Goofy part anymore, decided on a no for the full over the weekend, but now rethinking everything... the training for the marathon part has not been good, but definitely on for the 1/2.

A friend is doing this plan: half she's doing as - half walk, half run. Then for the full she's going to run like she would a half, and just walk/run/crawl the rest

longhorns2 said:
A friend is doing this plan: half she's doing as - half walk, half run. Then for the full she's going to run like she would a half, and just walk/run/crawl the rest

Basically go in with idea of going 3 halves. 2 she knows she can do, the 3rd she's just going to gut out!

Good luck whatever you decide!

Thanks guys! Not so sure about the Goofy part anymore, decided on a no for the full over the weekend, but now rethinking everything... the training for the marathon part has not been good, but definitely on for the 1/2.

My friend and his wife did Goofy last year. They jogged the half then walk ran the full. I would classify them as casual runners, neither is close to a 2:00 half.

They finished the half in 2:35 and the full in 6:15. So if you are close to these times, I say go for it.

Wendy,let me know if you are still in need of help, I will do it for you.

I knew I could count on the WiSHers! I had three sweet folks offer to pick up my bib for me! Thanks, I am all set now! I've got to go back through this thread and see if there's a meetup planned. I'm from NC and will be traveling alone, so I'd love to see some friendly faces during the weekend.

getnthinr said:
I knew I could count on the WiSHers! I had three sweet folks offer to pick up my bib for me! Thanks, I am all set now! I've got to go back through this thread and see if there's a meetup planned. I'm from NC and will be traveling alone, so I'd love to see some friendly faces during the weekend.

A few of us are meeting for dinner Friday at 6pm at Naples in DTD...there are 5 of us so far. I don't know of any other meet ups planned. Let me know if you would like me to add one more to the reservation! (Anyone else interested is invited too!)

My friend and his wife did Goofy last year. They jogged the half then walk ran the full. I would classify them as casual runners, neither is close to a 2:00 half.

They finished the half in 2:35 and the full in 6:15. So if you are close to these times, I say go for it.

Thanks guys! I'm going to go out there this weekend and see how everything goes and then how everything feels next weekend. I decided at the beginning of the week to just do the 1/2, but after talking to my dad yesterday, he pointed out that I had bibs and just see how it all works out. I don't know what happened w/ training this time. The regular runs were fine no problem, but the past month and 1/2 or so before the night before my long run... I just got in my head and psyched myself out. I would plan the route and lay out my fuel belt and everything and b/w the time I went to bed and woke up, I couldn't do it. I've done a marathon before so I know I can do the distance, it was just a mental thing. At the very least, I run the 1/2 and have a nice vacation in WDW before Tink (which is not bad at all) and at the best I finish Goofy and still have a good vacation in WDW.

On a random note, printed out my Tink waiver today and noticed that my waiver for the 1/2 had "no" listed as my shirt size. My 5k was fine, but I though the "no" was weird. Does anyone else have this on theirs?

On a random note, printed out my Tink waiver today and noticed that my waiver for the 1/2 had "no" listed as my shirt size. My 5k was fine, but I though the "no" was weird. Does anyone else have this on theirs?

I heard about this too...can't remember if it was here or on FB that I read it though...mine printed out with the shirt size I registered for, but the one I bought from someone for my BF did say "no"...not that his really matters anyway :) I believe I read that someone followed up with a call to runDisney and was assured that the correct size would be printed on your bib, which is what you'll show to get your shirt...so, hopefully they are right!

Darn! :headache: I thought for sure this weekend would be my last long run, but it may not be! I should be tapering, but since I got behind, I'm supposed to run 9 this weekend according to my trainer. I thought that would probably be it, which didn't make me too worried since I would normally only go up to 10 anyway, but she said today if the 9 doesn't just kick my butt this weekend she would like to see me do 10 next weekend...so I guess I just won't have any taper at all. I was looking forward to reminding myself through 9 miles this weekend that I was finished with long runs for this race to pump me up, but alas...probably one more.

My tutu should be on the porch when I get home tonight...can't wait to try it on! Maybe I should run in it tomorrow morning! :lmao:

Also, :offtopic:, but WHY can't I stop thinking about doing the new Dumbo Double Dare that is about to open up for registration? I swore off doing DL again after 2011 due to how :furious:MISERABLE:furious: it is to train in Texas for a half on Labor Day weekend...how quickly we forget, right?

I heard about this too...can't remember if it was here or on FB that I read it though...mine printed out with the shirt size I registered for, but the one I bought from someone for my BF did say "no"...not that his really matters anyway :) I believe I read that someone followed up with a call to runDisney and was assured that the correct size would be printed on your bib, which is what you'll show to get your shirt...so, hopefully they are right!

Thanks, that makes me feel better. I just found my reg receipt info from active, so I'll bring that down just in case.

Also, :offtopic:, but WHY can't I stop thinking about doing the new Dumbo Double Dare that is about to open up for registration? I swore off doing DL again after 2011 due to how :furious:MISERABLE:furious: it is to train in Texas for a half on Labor Day weekend...how quickly we forget, right?

That's so funny, when I saw the 10k I thought to myself "I'll just do the 10k instead of the 1/2, b/c I might be in NY in Nov and the 1/2 went up so much." I was thinking at least I'll be down there for the weekend but still be able to save some money but then they had to announce the dare and I got sucked right back in. :rotfl2: But the heat... I couldn't do that, I'm in awe of people who can do that.

That's so funny, when I saw the 10k I thought to myself "I'll just do the 10k instead of the 1/2, b/c I might be in NY in Nov and the 1/2 went up so much." I was thinking at least I'll be down there for the weekend but still be able to save some money but then they had to announce the dare and I got sucked right back in. :rotfl2: But the heat... I couldn't do that, I'm in awe of people who can do that.

Exactly what I thought too...the BF wants to do DL again, so I thought, cool, I can manage traning for a 10k and get by with saying maybe HALF of the swear words I say when I have to train for something longer over the summer...but the allure of this little extra challenge won't leave my mind. I'm nowhere near wanting to do a full, much less the Goofy, but I feel like I could do a 10k and a half, barring any major training set backs. After two years of doing these halfs, I'm ready for a new challenge...just not the challenge of 26.2 yet...this DDD fits that bill perfectly. If they would STOP raising the registration fees, it would be a no-brainer, but that's a bit of a deterrent right now so I'm still debating...that and, oh yeah, the 100+ degree weather I'll have to be running in to train for this. I hate it soooooo much...but I love the medals soooooo much! :faint:

Sounds like everyone is training in some capacity for tink :yay:

I am praying for some nice weather at tink. My last 3 runs look like this -
10miles/31degrees/10mph wind
6miles/29degrees/11mph wind
7miles/29degrees/7mph wind

I have to run in the early evening, usually starting somewhere around 4:30pm so it gets dark during my runs. I have a head lamp and some arm light up bands but is just gets so cold. I hate training in winter at dinner time :(

So heres to some nice weather.

BTW, I am renting a car and get in to LAX around 10:50am on Friday. If anyone needs a ride to Anaheim around then, let me know.

Cripey said:
Exactly what I thought too...the BF wants to do DL again, so I thought, cool, I can manage traning for a 10k and get by with saying maybe HALF of the swear words I say when I have to train for something longer over the summer...but the allure of this little extra challenge won't leave my mind. I'm nowhere near wanting to do a full, much less the Goofy, but I feel like I could do a 10k and a half, barring any major training set backs. After two years of doing these halfs, I'm ready for a new challenge...just not the challenge of 26.2 yet...this DDD fits that bill perfectly. If they would STOP raising the registration fees, it would be a no-brainer, but that's a bit of a deterrent right now so I'm still debating...that and, oh yeah, the 100+ degree weather I'll have to be running in to train for this. I hate it soooooo much...but I love the medals soooooo much! :faint:

Soooo me too. I thought about DL half last year and reasaalllyy considered it. But then didn't sign up and when summer cane around and I didn't have to train, I was one happy mofo. It's hot here y'all!

I'm really liking DDD but the heat- my gosh the heat!!!! I've got to think on this one. Lol. I have a treadmill and like running on it, but the long runs have to be outside. No question

Got the last email for Tink if anyone wants it, pm me your email address and I'll send it off to you. If you had me send you them before, I already forwarded it to you! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter