Official 2013 Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare, Half Marathon, 10k, and 5k Thread!

I am eligible for early registration, but I would also like to use the DVC discount. Do I have to wait for the "official" start of registration to be able to get this code. I can't find it anywhere. Called DVC...they were not able to help.

Someone, on my FB group, used a DVC code from last year and got the $10 off, it wasn't a DL half specific code, the $10 wasn't enough for me to risk it.

pjpoohbear said:
Someone, on my FB group, used a DVC code from last year and got the $10 off, it wasn't a DL half specific code, the $10 wasn't enough for me to risk it.
Corrected

I am so freakin' excited to say that I am IN for the DDD!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

I just did Dopey so I figured I'd make this my blowout Disney race year and go for a bunch of medals in two trips.

I registered this morning. And I also booked my room for Aug 30-Sept 2 at the Best Western Park Place Inn, using my AAA discount.

I've never been to Disneyland before! I cannot wait to see it. I don't always go to the parks on my WDW race trips (to save moolah), but I will definitely be buying park tickets for this trip!

I also hope that they change the times for one of the 5K or 10K races so that both can be done. This'll probably be my only race trip to Disneyland so I'd like to do them all!

Woohoo!!! :woohoo:

Thanks for the thread Matt!

I was thinking the same thing, this will be my first disney half and I would hate for it to sell out!

I think we're about 99.7% in for the half. My WDW half time was horrendous (3:35) and I'm starting to get kinda pissed about it, lol. I need another shot to improve on it!

We did the 5k and then the half, agreed that it was a bad plan, and I was miserable... Plus hated losing so much park time to running, expo, etc. So somebody tell me why I can't get the ddd idea out of my head!!! I know I don't want to do it, yet it's so tempting... :rofl:

Dvc Chris- you should be good! As long as you weren't swept. At least that's how goofy did it. People finishing the half in over 3.5 hrs still got goofy

I think they will give c2c as long as you have an official time- meaning not swept.

I just did the Goofy, and I will plan on signing up for the Dumbo in September to get Coast to Coast!!! Can't wait

Still no confirmation email. Trying not to panic. Would just like to know if they lost my registration so I can do the Visa early registration since I have that email taunting me:(. Hoping to get it soon.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I am on the fence considering the Dumbo Double Dare. Sounds like in some ways it is better than the WDW Half. As a first time half marathoner last week, would you all recommend doing the Dumbo?

I just did the Goofy, and I will plan on signing up for the Dumbo in September to get Coast to Coast!!! Can't wait

I think Dumbo will sell out this month!! I wouldn't wait until Sept for sure!

RichieTruxillo said:
I am on the fence considering the Dumbo Double Dare. Sounds like in some ways it is better than the WDW Half. As a first time half marathoner last week, would you all recommend doing the Dumbo?

Yes!! I loved the Disneyland half- more so than the WDW Half. To me, the Dumbo is the icing on the cake. Doesn't hurt that Dumbo is my favorite character either ;). Can't beat running through both parks and the stadium and having an easy walk to and from the start/finish. You don't have to get up as early as the WDW races.

Hello! Long time Disboards member here, but first time posting on the WISH board.

A little about me, I weighed over 230 pounds after my last child was born in 2008, but I've spent the past two and a half years trying to control calories and working out at my gym. I'm now down to 175. I'm trying to lose at least another 20, but it's really slow going.

I've toyed with the idea of running a Disney marathon for a while, not because I like to run, but just for the excuse for a trip to Disney, lol. I've chickened out each and every time because I really didn't think I could do it. When they announced the addition of the Disneyland 10k, I thought it would be something I could manage, so I think I'm ready to commit. And my 38th birthday is 5 days before the race, and since I'm not getting any younger, now's the time.

Since I've never done anything like this, I'm sort of at a loss as to where to start. Any words of advice, experience, encouragement are appreciated.

Just finished the WDW half last weekend and now I'm seriously considering the DDD for a C2C this year... Does anyone have a link to the Visa early registration or could you let me in on where I can find it? A quick google search did not help. Thanks!

I think Dumbo will sell out this month!! I wouldn't wait until Sept for sure!

I meant that the Dumbo is in Sept., not that I was gonna wait. I will probably sign up in the next couple days (I can get AP early registration). I can see how my first post was worded poorly! Oh goodness! :lmao:

Hello! Long time Disboards member here, but first time posting on the WISH board.

A little about me, I weighed over 230 pounds after my last child was born in 2008, but I've spent the past two and a half years trying to control calories and working out at my gym. I'm now down to 175. I'm trying to lose at least another 20, but it's really slow going.

I've toyed with the idea of running a Disney marathon for a while, not because I like to run, but just for the excuse for a trip to Disney, lol. I've chickened out each and every time because I really didn't think I could do it. When they announced the addition of the Disneyland 10k, I thought it would be something I could manage, so I think I'm ready to commit. And my 38th birthday is 5 days before the race, and since I'm not getting any younger, now's the time.

Since I've never done anything like this, I'm sort of at a loss as to where to start. Any words of advice, experience, encouragement are appreciated.

Do you run at all now? The race is still very far away so you have plenty of time to train for a 10K (or even the half if you really wanted) I would suggest looking at the Couch to 5K program and the Jeff Galloway 5K program to start and choose the one that looks best to you. There are a few 5K to 10K programs out there including Jeff Galloway. I did the C25K last spring and it was great for me. I didn't use an official training program for longer distances but do a run/walk/run interval. I will most likely be using the Jeff Galloway DDD program if he puts one out.
For me being signed up for a race is what keeps me going and training. I signed up for a 5K while doing C25K and it was such an awesome feeling to work towards and finish that race.

Do you run at all now? The race is still very far away so you have plenty of time to train for a 10K (or even the half if you really wanted) I would suggest looking at the Couch to 5K program and the Jeff Galloway 5K program to start and choose the one that looks best to you. There are a few 5K to 10K programs out there including Jeff Galloway. I did the C25K last spring and it was great for me. I didn't use an official training program for longer distances but do a run/walk/run interval. I will most likely be using the Jeff Galloway DDD program if he puts one out.
For me being signed up for a race is what keeps me going and training. I signed up for a 5K while doing C25K and it was such an awesome feeling to work towards and finish that race.

I can jog (not sure I'd call it running). I started doing just 1/4 mile on the treadmill at the gym and I've worked up to being able to run about 1 mile and a quarter on the street. It's not easy for me though, which is why I've chickened out so many times in the past. The pacing requirement makes me really nervous, I would really be worried about getting swept. I'll definitely start looking at the training programs.

Well back in March of 2012 I could barely run 1 block without being winded. I just finished my first 1/2 marathon last weekend and really didn't stop to walk much at all (maybe 1.5 miles total of it). I really haven't lost much weight training, maybe about 10 lbs, but I got out there and did it. The hardest part is starting the training. C25k was an excellent bridge for me. Get out there and claim your pixie dust! pixiedust:

I agree that Couch to 5k is an excellent method to start running, and with eight months to train, I think you could do either the 10k or the half marathon. There are training plans out there for both the 10K and the half that will train you to get from the starting line to the finish line.

The only thing I would add is that once you finish C25k, go and find a local 5k race or two and run it. Running a local race will give you a feel for what race day is like before you get to Disneyland.

Good luck!

Rick

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter