Official 2013 Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare, Half Marathon, 10k, and 5k Thread!

Agreed. PPH is actually 1 point cheaper than the studio. That won't be too much further from the start will it? I looked at BW and those rates are pretty decent!

Thanks!! Have you ever stayed at PPH or DL hotel? I don't have a frame of reference because I've been lucky enough to get VGC except last year I splurged for Concierge at GC (not worth it).

How would you compare PPH & DL hotel to values, moderates, or deluxes at WDW?

1. Still no email from runDisney:( but since they charged me I am wondering if perhaps my handwriting was off? I am assuming I am in with the charge and moving ahead with the process!!
2. Just booked our hotel. Went with the HoJo Anaheim. Looks so nice from the website and reviews (checked Hotels.com) and the price for the king/bunkbed room is great. Excited about the neat pool and being so close to the parks:).

Just need to book flights and decide on tickets. Are 3-day hoppers enough? Too much? This is our first DLR trip and we are there Aug 29- Sept 2 flying from FL so I am thinking parks Aug 30- Sept 1.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

What we did last year was tour the parks except for the day before the half. I plan to do that again this year. We also went into the parks the day of the half. I just think it's good to rest the legs the day before.

Of course this is what works for me but just thought I'd share.

Looking at the point charts for even a 1 or 2bdrm I think I'll be better off just going with the DL hotel as it is less expensive - point wise...

I think that is the direction I may be going.

You'll be fine at DLH. The beds (they're not kings) are far better than anything we've slept in at a DVC property. Plush with duvet comfortors. Great pillows. Light-up, music playing headboard. Small, but decked out Mickey bathroom. Floor to ceiling windows. Desk area, coffee maker and the best part...daily maid service ;) Did I mention a mono-rail slide and great pool area?

Thanks!! Have you ever stayed at PPH or DL hotel? I don't have a frame of reference because I've been lucky enough to get VGC except last year I splurged for Concierge at GC (not worth it).

How would you compare PPH & DL hotel to values, moderates, or deluxes at WDW?

I would put DLH up there with the deluxes from WDW. It's been years since we've been at PPH...it's nice, but to ME, not as nice as GC or DLH. More moderate in my opinion.

Were the receipts being delayed on being sent through active? I received mine right away. Or were you getting a receipt from somewhere else?

Was through active.com, guess their email server was running slow. I got mine after a couple hours.

Disneycouple99 said:
Where do you get the AP link for the Disneyland Half Marathon?

The easiest way I've found it is on their Facebook page. I'm on my phone so I'm not sure if I can link it. I'll do it when I get home if you still need it.

The people running the RunDisney booth at the Rock&Roll Arizona expo yesterday said the DL Half would probably sell out in 3 weeks. Is that normal? I've only ran the Tink Half last year, so I'm a RunDisney newbie.

PrincessMira said:
The people running the RunDisney booth at the Rock&Roll Arizona expo yesterday said the DL Half would probably sell out in 3 weeks. Is that normal? I've only ran the Tink Half last year, so I'm a RunDisney newbie.

I think last year it was sold out in about a month and that was without the new race. Three weeks doesn't seem crazy with DDD added and the smaller capacity compared to WDW. Will be interesting to see what happens next week.

Bephus said:
I think last year it was sold out in about a month and that was without the new race. Three weeks doesn't seem crazy with DDD added and the smaller capacity compared to WDW. Will be interesting to see what happens next week.

Thanks! Makes me happy I found this thread and have already registered :)

Oh man. No going back no. I did it. I signed up for the 10k. Holy crapola. What was I thinking....

I guess I better start training....

Kathymford said:
Oh man. No going back no. I did it. I signed up for the 10k. Holy crapola. What was I thinking....

Hooray!!!

Count me and DH in!

DH will be doing the Double Dare; he signed up at Pkg PkUp this past weekend at WDW

I'll be doing the 10K.

We'll be traveling with 7 other people; between us, we're running ALL the races! Now, for someone to watch our kids.........:idea:

Kathymford said:

You'll do great!! These are fun events!!

PrincessMira said:

Races at DL sell out QUICK. Last year it was about a month for DL to sell out. Tink last year was less than that. With the added race I wouldn't be surprised if DDD is sold out by the end of the week. I wouldn't be surprised if it sells out the day after registration opens to the public.

cobbler said:
You'll do great!! These are fun events!!

Thanks! We're at DL now. Just finished watching our friend take off at the start of Tink. Really fun. And so many people!!

I'm glad I did it and plan to start my C25k program tomorrow!

Kathymford said:
Thanks! We're at DL now. Just finished watching our friend take off at the start of Tink. Really fun. And so many people!!

I'm glad I did it and plan to start my C25k program tomorrow!

That's a great program! After that there is a 10k version that starts where the 5k leaves off. Galloway has a good app for 10k that uses his method.

I used bridge to 10k by bluefin software. I liked that a lot. Galloways app is great if you want to do the run/walk method. I run/walk on longer distances.

cobbler said:
That's a great program! After that there is a 10k version that starts where the 5k leaves off. Galloway has a good app for 10k that uses his method.

I used bridge to 10k by bluefin software. I liked that a lot. Galloways app is great if you want to do the run/walk method. I run/walk on longer distances.

Thanks for the tips. I will definitely be doing the WALK/run method. Haha. I'm actually getting excited now.

Kathymford said:
Thanks for the tips. I will definitely be doing the WALK/run method. Haha. I'm actually getting excited now.

Yea!! I have Galloways 5k app and really like it because I can set my ratios to anything I want when I get into longer training runs. His 5k app goes up to 7 miles if you want. I also use the app "interval timer" the free one for greater distances and can set that to anything. It's great to play around with what intervals work for you!

Good luck! You have plenty of time & will do great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter