Official 2013 Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare, Half Marathon, 10k, and 5k Thread!

Had doctors appointment today. With insurance and the mandatory appointments the first available time will probably be sometime in September. Of course right around Dumbo. Told Mom that there was no way I'm skipping dumbo. Really hoping to have it after Dumbo. Like almost right after. Because that would have me back on solids well before the trip to India for my childhood friends wedding.

Two weeks away from the Princess and then I break from the half distance until Dumbo time. Will probably do a 5k in April if we can schedule it around one of the appointments.

Just curious anyone here or know anyone that has had bariatric surgery and is a runner who would be willing to pass some advice on to me? Would love to know how people deal with certain things before the surgery happens. I'm going to be having the sleeve done if that matters any.

I have nothing planned before DL. Between the DDD, W&D, and WDW Half there isn't a whole lot of room left in the race budget. I might try to run the swamp house half virtually since its only $40 and there's no travel costs.

So what are everyone's race plans between now and DL?

I'm not doing much. Just thinking of a local 10K in May. I need a fresh proof of time. My previous one that I used was Princess 2011, which of course is too old now.

Between now and DL...5 halfs and 1 10k
Halfs: Princess, Shamrock/Virginia Beach, Bainbridge, Indy Mini-Marathon, RocknRoll Chicago
10K: Peachtree

Right now I only have one race planned until DL- the Bill Robinson Masters 10k at the end of April. If something else local catches my eye, I might do it, but most of the best racing here is in the fall.

After the Princess this month, I'll probably do a few local 10Ks before ramping back up for DDD. I keep thinking I should try a non-Disney half to see what my time would be without photo stops.

So what are everyone's race plans between now and DL?

I'm not doing much. Just thinking of a local 10K in May. I need a fresh proof of time. My previous one that I used was Princess 2011, which of course is too old now.

I have the Winter Garden 10k next weekend, the Princess half the following weekend, the Gate River Run 2 weekends after that then the Winter Park 10k 2 weekends after that. Then a big break until training for DDD starts. I'm not going to run at all. I need to get this knee healed (although I ran 8 today with NO pain!! so maybe if I run Princess with no pain, I won't need to take too much time off)

Was this the vinyl where you buy the separate medals? I saw pictures and it looked cute.
Yes. It is pretty cute. :)

I don't have any upcoming races, but I'm hoping to do at least one 5k and one 10k before the DDD. I had knee surgery two weeks ago, so I'm limited to low impact and don't quite have full bend back in my knee, so biking is possible but not comfortable.

ironz said:
IM LP is my favorite Ironman! :) It's your first? Have fun! I've raced there twice, so if you have any questions, let me know.

Yeah Lake Placid will be my first Full Ironman event. I have done one half and will have done another before the race. I grew up in Upstate New York so I have been up to watch and volunteer for the race about four times. I am really looking forward to it as my first because I know the race so well.

Really looking forward to my first Disneyland Half marathon. Ran Tinkerbell last year. This will only be the second time I have been to Disneyland. From people who have done this race before how busy are the parks.

I will have to check that out! Thanks:)

I just booked my flight from CLT to LAX because the price for that leg dropped. I paid $120.30! woohoo! This is a Friday, August 30th flight, with a layover in Cleveland, United Airlines.

My return flight on Labor Day is still up there in price...so I'll have to continue watching it.

I just booked my flight from CLT to LAX because the price for that leg dropped. I paid $120.30! woohoo! This is a Friday, August 30th flight, with a layover in Cleveland, United Airlines.

My return flight on Labor Day is still up there in price...so I'll have to continue watching it.

Thanks for the heads up! I will check it out:)

My DD found out that she is pregnant the week after we registered. But she still wants to walk with me to the castle in MK so that we can get our picture taken. This is our 5th Princess and she doesn't want to stop the string of pictures that we have from the castle. She would then like to drop out and go back to the Polynesian. Has anyone done this or known someone who has? Does she have to take the sweeper bus or can she just get on the monorail? Any ideas or past experiences would be appreciated.

queen mimi said:
My DD found out that she is pregnant the week after we registered. But she still wants to walk with me to the castle in MK so that we can get our picture taken. This is our 5th Princess and she doesn't want to stop the string of pictures that we have from the castle. She would then like to drop out and go back to the Polynesian. Has anyone done this or known someone who has? Does she have to take the sweeper bus or can she just get on the monorail? Any ideas or past experiences would be appreciated.

Did you mean to post in the Princess thread instead?

New to the boards. Got a few Disney races under my belt and looking forward to running the DDD. Wonder when they'll release the 10K course map?

New to the boards. Got a few Disney races under my belt and looking forward to running the DDD. Wonder when they'll release the 10K course map?

The past couple of years, I think the 1/2 was in May and I think the 5k was shortly after that. W/ the 10k being a new course, it's anyone's guess. I was told that the race will start where the 5k starts which is at the tram area next to the Mickey and Friends Parking lot and the finish will be where the 1/2 finish is which is behind ESPN Zone and the parking lot for the DL Hotel.

I was thinking the course could be similar to the start of the Tink race, where we run around the outside of the park via DL Drive and Ball then into DL and DCA after that, either exiting through the back of DCA or through DTD (like we did for Tink). It was just under 6 for Tink for that route, but we would have to cut over from the tram area and could weave a little more in the parks to get to 6.2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter