Official 2013 Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare, Half Marathon, 10k, and 5k Thread!

Multiple people are now reporting the 5K as full, they tried to register. I'm sorry for those who wanted to do it! :(

Just tried to do the DDD registration three times and it let me in.;)

Wow talk about lucky! Kind of curious how it suddenly let you in. Not that I am not happy for you, just surprised.

Sounds like the RunDisney site has some bugs it needs to work out when it comes to the future September races.

Wow talk about lucky! Kind of curious how it suddenly let you in. Not that I am not happy for you, just surprised.

Sounds like the RunDisney site has some bugs it needs to work out when it comes to the future September races.

Not just September races....

I had already signed up with the Visa link and was just playing around on the registration site. When you click on it in registration, it does not say full anymore. However when you are filling out the form there is a password slot now.:confused3

Wondering if the are opening more slots for some special people.

Now the runDisney site is now saying 5K full and the kid races at 94%.

I had already signed up with the Visa link and was just playing around on the registration site. When you click on it in registration, it does not say full anymore. However when you are filling out the form there is a password slot now.:confused3

Wondering if the are opening more slots for some special people.

Now the runDisney site is now saying 5K full and the kid races at 94%.

There is a bug that will sometimes allow people to view the registration page, but as soon as you get to the payment button, it will say it is a full and can't process it. It's not actually letting more people register.

There is also speculation that they reserved 50 slots for the Princess expo, thus the password.

There is a bug that will sometimes allow people to view the registration page, but as soon as you get to the payment button, it will say it is a full and can't process it. It's not actually letting more people register.

There is also speculation that they reserved 50 slots for the Princess expo, thus the password.

I see. Now it makes sense why I cound not get to the payment page, kept telling me invaild password.

Liz, didn't you say you have a 10k in May? When you PR that with 59 minutes, ;) maybe you can show it to runner relations (or submit it to trackshack) and they can ensure you'll be in corral A for the 5k? Just a thought.

Looking forward to the DDD trip!

Liz, didn't you say you have a 10k in May? When you PR that with 59 minutes, ;) maybe you can show it to runner relations (or submit it to trackshack) and they can ensure you'll be in corral A for the 5k? Just a thought.

Looking forward to the DDD trip!

Thanks, yeah I was thinking I could try to do that!

Yes 59 mins is pushing it a bit..lol..

So am I!!! :thumbsup2

Disneycouple99 said:
All sold out now, 72 hrs. and some change.

Has any other race sold out so fast? I thought last year was fast at about a month.

Maybe this will get us another west coast race :-)

I wouldn't be surprised at all if there are slots on sale at the Princess actually which would explain the password. Last year they were selling a 100 spots for the Disneyland half at the expo. I only remember because I was confused because I knew the race was all ready full at that point. Didn't realize at the time that they sometimes do things like that.

Insane that everything has all ready sold out for this year's race.

Something also to keep in mind one of the charities (Special Olympics of Southern California) hasn't even started selling their spots yet. Won't until March. I've never seen them run out of spots in their group before wonder if they will this year? Would love to see them get more runners. Have nothing but good things to say about the guy in charge of the runners for the group (overall nice guy and easy to communicate with).

Has any other race sold out so fast? I thought last year was fast at about a month.

Maybe this will get us another west coast race :-)

Last year was about a month. I think this was a perfect storm for the event. 1 you had the 20 year anniversary of the marathon which a lot of people wanted to do - including first timers like myself. Add to that the ability to get coast to coast with another special inaugural medal (or two if you are doing dumbo) and that cinched the deal rather quickly.

cobbler said:
Last year was about a month. I think this was a perfect storm for the event. 1 you had the 20 year anniversary of the marathon which a lot of people wanted to do - including first timers like myself. Add to that the ability to get coast to coast with another special inaugural medal (or two if you are doing dumbo) and that cinched the deal rather quickly.

Agree! I was planning on running this to get my first c2c this years and when I heard about the inaugural DDD challenge, I was all about it! I registered at the WDW marathon expo and had to wait almost nine minutes in line, and there were a ton of people behind me in line. So this race seemed like great timing for me, and apparently a lot of other people. When I heard about all the advanced registration options I was almost half surprised there were any spots left for open registration on the 22nd.

Agree! I was planning on running this to get my first c2c this years and when I heard about the inaugural DDD challenge, I was all about it! I registered at the WDW marathon expo and had to wait almost nine minutes in line, and there were a ton of people behind me in line. So this race seemed like great timing for me, and apparently a lot of other people. When I heard about all the advanced registration options I was almost half surprised there were any spots left for open registration on the 22nd.

You got off easy with nine minutes. DH waited almost an hour at the Expo. Mainly b/c of the lady in front of him who apparently had never seen the "magic box" known as a computer before. He said she took over 30 minutes to do her registration and needed assistance from multiple cast members.

When she was done and moved on, people behind DH in line actually APPLAUDED.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter