Official 2013 Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare, Half Marathon, 10k, and 5k Thread!

They could start all races earlier

Tink started at 5 and was glorious! But will have to see if they are pressured to change it

Tink started at 5 and was glorious! But will have to see if they are pressured to change it

The issue is just the 5K and 10K. 5:30 is all ready really early for a family fun run. The half is the next day and starts at 5:30 as well.

I have no idea if this will work, but my browser was still open on the active dot com registration page when I was thinking about registering. I refreshed it this morning and it let me go through to the payment page. If someone wants to try to register for the half, I can send the address through a PM. No guarantee, but worth a try.

Has anyone asked the folks at runDisney about the logistics of doing the 5K and 10K? I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to stroll (or maybe brisk walk w character stops) it with the family and then run the 10K?

I emailed them directly yesterday. (I even used the word "logistics"...lol).

I would like to see. I'm up for it even if there is a slight chance.

I emailed them directly yesterday. (I even used the word "logistics"...lol).

I would like to see. I'm up for it even if there is a slight chance.
I'll be interested to know what you find out! I'm sure my group can easily complete the 5K in 40-45 minutes, but how difficult will it be to get to the 10K start? Will they just have some direct chute where you can pass from the 5K finish to 10K start (after handing off medallions to family members who aren't continuing) that corrals you with only other 5K/10K runners, avoiding the usually chaos/mega-lines of the start? This would require a check-in/bag-check to cover both events. Would there be a place for the 5K-only folks to hang out until the 10K-ers returned? Etc. :)

I'll be interested to know what you find out! I'm sure my group can easily complete the 5K in 40-45 minutes, but how difficult will it be to get to the 10K start? Will they just have some direct chute where you can pass from the 5K finish to 10K start (after handing off medallions to family members who aren't continuing) that corrals you with only other 5K/10K runners, avoiding the usually chaos/mega-lines of the start? This would require a check-in/bag-check to cover both events. Would there be a place for the 5K-only folks to hang out until the 10K-ers returned? Etc. :)

I'm traveling solo. I would need to take the 5K medallion with me on the 10K. The more this is discussed, the more I want to just sign up and throw caution to the wind.

I'm traveling solo. I would need to take the 5K medallion with me on the 10K. The more this is discussed, the more I want to just sign up and throw caution to the wind.

That's what I did/am doing! :crazy: As you said above, if there is ANY chance this can be done, I am going for it. Registering means I at least have my spot if it works out. It is worth the fee for me. :)

I'll have to carry my 5K medallion with me on the 10K too. No biggie, I'll just put it in my belt.

Oh and some people on fb (or at least one person, can't remember) has been in contact directly with runDisney about this topic. I guess as of now there are no plans to change any times, but they aren't saying you aren't allowed to do both. Until I hear that they will not let people do both then I am keeping my mind open to the possibility of it working out. :)

That's what I did/am doing! :crazy: As you said above, if there is ANY chance this can be done, I am going for it. Registering means I at least have my spot if it works out. It is worth the fee for me. :)

I'll have to carry my 5K medallion with me on the 10K too. No biggie, I'll just put it in my belt.

Oh and some people on fb (or at least one person, can't remember) has been in contact directly with runDisney about this topic. I guess as of now there are no plans to change any times, but they aren't saying you aren't allowed to do both. Until I hear that they will not let people do both then I am keeping my mind open to the possibility of it working out. :)

I've spent $65 on more frivolous things, right?

The lady at the expo said that the 10k will start where the 5k does. It's in front of the Mickey & Friends Parking Garage where you catch the tram into the park. The finish line for both will now be the finish line for the 1/2 which is behind ESPN Zone/DL hotel parking lot. The distance b/w the 2 is about 1/4-1/3 mile. So it's really close, just a matter of getting through everything at the end of the 5k and over to the corrals, if they're doing that, for the 10k. In the past for the DL 5k, there hasn't been corrals, you just line up. The past 2 years, they've added posters w/ times you think you'll run and waves. So if they don't corral the 5k and you can get up front, it shouldn't take you that long to get to the start for the 10k. It's a matter of how fast you run the 5k. Kinda of curious how many 10kers there are and how they're setting it up. The past 5ks have around 4,500 people and the start area and around the tram area are full up. Maybe if they corral the 10k, they hold you in the parking lot and you move up/into the tram area when the corrals ahead go off?

Thanks for the info! :)

I know, it's crazy! I booked a few weeks ago and have been checking to see if they add a no car discount in case I decide to fly instead of drive. Monday they had rooms at $98, yesterday it jumped to $125 and at lunch it was sold out.

Crazy! I am paying $344.34 total for my three nights using the AAA discount. I won't have a car. Am I paying a parking fee already included in that cost or do they charge an additional parking fee at check in-if one has a car?

<---- Sucker. In for a penny, in for a pound. All or nothing. <insert some Jack Sparrow crazy rambling here.>

5K, 10K & ½ (as the DDD).

What have I done? :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Woohoo!!! You have joined me in the looney bin is what you've done! :rotfl::rotfl:

I don't know of anyone else yet who is registered for both the 5K and DDD like us. We may be the only ones! Lol!!! ;)

Well if it all works out and we succeed in our plan....we will be envied! heehee :teeth:

Is there any reason to stay in a designated Good Neighbor resort? I'm looking at the Del Sol Inn - walking distance, getting a good price, my daughter will love the bunk bed - but it's not officially a Good Neighbor hotel.

longhorns2 said:

I agree. Especially since the temp is likely to be higher. Those of us at the back appreciate as much time when it is still cool as possible.

Is there any reason to stay in a designated Good Neighbor resort? I'm looking at the Del Sol Inn - walking distance, getting a good price, my daughter will love the bunk bed - but it's not officially a Good Neighbor hotel.

I think it is only the perks associated with the DLR. Nothing says you can't or shouldn't. Especially if the price is right and the themeing suits you.

Am I paying a parking fee already included in that cost or do they charge an additional parking fee at check in-if one has a car?

No, you're fine. They charge only if you have a car. They just sometimes have a deal that is listed as No Car and it's about $10 cheaper than AAA. I saw it for the 1/2, but the next day when I went to book it was gone.

I stayed there for a night last year ~ it was just a king room, but it was huge.

On fb people are saying that even though the 5K shows it is still open on the runDisney website, if you try to register it is saying it is sold out. I have no idea, but just wanted to report.

No, you're fine. They charge only if you have a car. They just sometimes have a deal that is listed as No Car and it's about $10 cheaper than AAA. I saw it for the 1/2, but the next day when I went to book it was gone. ...

Ok, thanks!

On fb people are saying that even though the 5K shows it is still open on the runDisney website, if you try to register it is saying it is sold out. I have no idea, but just wanted to report.

Ok, thanks!

Hoping its an error. Wanted to discuss the 5k with my Mom again (she seemed on the fence since I am doing the 10k that is starting right after and she is a slow finisher). It's still saying 84 percent on the website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter