Official 2013 Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare, Half Marathon, 10k, and 5k Thread!

People are talking about this on fb. Some have decided it just isn't going to be possible. I still don't know.

On the runDisney website under the 10K it says this:

"Follow the path of the White Rabbit as he tries to catch up with Alice and the Mad Hatter when the Inaugural Disneyland® 10K course picks up where the 5K course leaves off. This all-new event will take you into Cars Land at Disney California Adventure® Park and through Disneyland® Park before continuing on to the streets of Anaheim."

If the 5K indeed ends where the 10K begins then it seems possible to do both. Finish the 5K within 45 mins and get right into the line up for the 10K.

I am hoping to do both, but I'm prepared for it not to work out.

It may also depend upon your corral placement for the 5K? Trying to decide if I want to chance it and do all three. (It'd be the first 5K I missed since I started running Disney...)

It may also depend upon your corral placement for the 5K? Trying to decide if I want to chance it and do all three. (It'd be the first 5K I missed since I started running Disney...)

Yep, absolutely that could be a factor.

Maybe you already know this, but they had corrals for the WDW 5K a couple weeks ago. It seemed they put us in them in the order of when we signed up. (I don't believe they asked us for any estimated finish time in the registration (someone correct me if I'm wrong.) Although the people who run fast somehow got into the first corral...)

Anyway, I signed up pretty late for that race. So I was in the last corral, D. My corral didn't start until maybe 30 minutes after corral A. If I were in that same boat with this DL 5K then obviously there's no way I could make it for the 10K start. (But, maybe I could make it by the time the last 10K corral started...) If I ended up in corral A though, then I would have the 45 minutes to get back for the 10K start, plus however much time would pass between the start and MY corral start. Assuming they do corrals...

Did any of that make sense?! Lol!

Yep, absolutely that could be a factor.

Maybe you already know this, but they had corrals for the WDW 5K a couple weeks ago. It seemed they put us in them in the order of when we signed up. (I don't believe they asked us for any estimated finish time in the registration (someone correct me if I'm wrong.) Although the people who run fast somehow got into the first corral...)

Anyway, I signed up pretty late for that race. So I was in the last corral, D. My corral didn't start until maybe 30 minutes after corral A. If I were in that same boat with this DL 5K then obviously there's no way I could make it for the 10K start. (But, maybe I could make it by the time the last 10K corral started...) If I ended up in corral A though, then I would have the 45 minutes to get back for the 10K start, plus however much time would pass between the start and MY corral start. Assuming they do corrals...

Did any of that make sense?! Lol!

Makes prefect sense to me. :)

They did corrals at the 5K before the ToT 10 Miler and the Wine & Dine ½ last year too. I seem to remember them asking you "your expected pace" instead of overall time to complete. I wonder how badly I would feel if I fudged the truth a little....

Makes prefect sense to me. :)

They did corrals at the 5K before the ToT 10 Miler and the Wine & Dine ½ last year too. I seem to remember them asking you "your expected pace" instead of overall time to complete. I wonder how badly I would feel if I fudged the truth a little....

Oh good..lol

Ok, I just went and looked at my 2013 WDW 5K registration and they DID ask for anticipated pace per mile! They had ranges to choose from and I had chosen "13:01 - 16:00 minutes" because I knew I'd be walking it.

For this 5K that I registered for yesterday, I chose the "11:01 - 13:00 minutes". I probably should have chosen the next lower range though now that I'm thinking about it more. Argh. I can do a 5K in less than 11 minutes per mile.

Me too! I'm hoping the 5k slows down a bit and we have until May like usual, but the way things are going, I doubt it. I wish I had a little more time to make sure I could get my speed up a bit to make sure I could make both. I guess since you can move down corrals as long as you get off early enough and could make the last corral you're good, but there's just not enough info. The jog over to the start from the 5k isn't that far, it's just getting through everything at the end of the 5k in time for the 10k stuff.

Does anyone know if there will be a Dooney bag for Disneyland Half?

Don't think there has in the past, but they could always add one.

Got an email from my dad this morning w/ the email announcement saying "I think I might run this w/ you." Umm... sorry dad, but no. I was going to tell him hurry and try the 1/2, but when I checked it's sold out already too. I knew it was at 75% when I last checked, but I just can't believe how fast everything did. Not only that b/w Mon. and this morning BWPPI has sold out for the weekend too! Glad I made reservations already.

Me too! I'm hoping the 5k slows down a bit and we have until May like usual, but the way things are going, I doubt it. I wish I had a little more time to make sure I could get my speed up a bit to make sure I could make both. I guess since you can move down corrals as long as you get off early enough and could make the last corral you're good, but there's just not enough info. The jog over to the start from the 5k isn't that far, it's just getting through everything at the end of the 5k in time for the 10k stuff.

Do you know where the 5K and 10K's begin and end? That would be helpful info! :)

Got an email from my dad this morning w/ the email announcement saying "I think I might run this w/ you." Umm... sorry dad, but no. I was going to tell him hurry and try the 1/2, but when I checked it's sold out already too. I knew it was at 75% when I last checked, but I just can't believe how fast everything did. Not only that b/w Mon. and this morning BWPPI has sold out for the weekend too! Glad I made reservations already.

Is that Best Western Park Place Inn? I booked there last week. It's full?!?

Wow! I was looking at the Best Western yesterday! :scared: Can anyone recommend another hotel right across the street, or maybe one right by the parking garage?

Do you know where the 5K and 10K's begin and end? That would be helpful info! :)

The lady at the expo said that the 10k will start where the 5k does. It's in front of the Mickey & Friends Parking Garage where you catch the tram into the park. The finish line for both will now be the finish line for the 1/2 which is behind ESPN Zone/DL hotel parking lot. The distance b/w the 2 is about 1/4-1/3 mile. So it's really close, just a matter of getting through everything at the end of the 5k and over to the corrals, if they're doing that, for the 10k. In the past for the DL 5k, there hasn't been corrals, you just line up. The past 2 years, they've added posters w/ times you think you'll run and waves. So if they don't corral the 5k and you can get up front, it shouldn't take you that long to get to the start for the 10k. It's a matter of how fast you run the 5k. Kinda of curious how many 10kers there are and how they're setting it up. The past 5ks have around 4,500 people and the start area and around the tram area are full up. Maybe if they corral the 10k, they hold you in the parking lot and you move up/into the tram area when the corrals ahead go off?

Is that Best Western Park Place Inn? I booked there last week. It's full?!?

I know, it's crazy! I booked a few weeks ago and have been checking to see if they add a no car discount in case I decide to fly instead of drive. Monday they had rooms at $98, yesterday it jumped to $125 and at lunch it was sold out.

I went ahead and booked as there was a couple hotels I was looking at this weekend that have either skyrocketed or have no more space. I was able to book Carousel Inn and Suites with the 3rd Night Free promo, which I think is probably the best deal I was going to find anyway. 3 nights hotel plus a 2 day park ticket for 497. I figure that's basically getting a free park ticket! Plus, I was able to pay the deposit with the Disney Gift Card I just got for opening a Disney Visa! Feels like free. :)

Wow! I was looking at the Best Western yesterday! :scared: Can anyone recommend another hotel right across the street, or maybe one right by the parking garage?

There are a ton close on Harbor. There's the Tropicana which is right next door to BW, Carousel Inn which is right next to Tropicana. HoJo's is really popular and nice, but a bit further down. On the other side of BWPP is the Del Sol inn, stayed there for a night last Sept. Rooms were big and nice, but parking lot is small and they run out of spaces sometimes if you're driving. Next to that is a Desert Inn and a BW Anaheim Inn.

Close to the parking garage is a Travelodge and a Days Inn. Both are really cheap and nice. The only thing is that unless you're driving, you have to walk over the overpass to get to the tram for the parks or the tram route to walk. It's longer than staying on Harbor, and can get a little tiresome, espcially after the race.

Prices will continue to increase until people stop purchasing a product. It's simple supply and demand.

Disney is very good at determining the maximum price the maximum people will pay. For example, in 2012 the entry fee for the Neverland 5k was $100 and included a ticket to Disneyland. runDisney sold 2,000 bibs. It did not sell out. The entry fee for the 2013 Never Land 5k was $65 and did not include a ticket to Disneyland. runDisney sold 5,000 bibs.

I was one of the 2,000 people who bought bibs for the 2012 Neverland 5k. I was brand new at running and did not know what races fees should cost. I told my running friends that I paid $100 to enter a 5k and they looked at me like I was crazy. They were right. I was crazy. $100 for a 5k?

The 2013 Disneyland Half Marathon selling out in less than 24 hours tells runDisney that it isn't expensive enough. I predict that it will be $195 next year.

RIck

Does anyone know if there will be a Dooney bag for Disneyland Half?

Jennifer

I hope so!

Best Western Stovall's on Katella is where I always stay for races. It's right near the start/finish.

I just checked and they still have rooms. Just over $100 per night.

MotoXPrincess99 said:
I hope so!

Best Western Stovall's on Katella is where I always stay for races. It's right near the start/finish.

I just checked and they still have rooms. Just over $100 per night.

I'm another one that would like a Dooney bag for the half. Maybe if we say it enough it will happen.

I would be thrilled if they had the Tink bags at vault 28, they had them out over the summer last year.

Our running friends want us to stay at the Sheraton. Can someone tell me about the proximity/ease of this location to the start lines for the 10K and Half?

Thanks!

Has anyone asked the folks at runDisney about the logistics of doing the 5K and 10K? I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to stroll (or maybe brisk walk w character stops) it with the family and then run the 10K?

Has anyone asked the folks at runDisney about the logistics of doing the 5K and 10K? I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to stroll (or maybe brisk walk w character stops) it with the family and then run the 10K?

They start only 45 minutes apart. Run Disney has said that 6:15 is the latest they can start the 10K and get the parks open on time so it looks like nothing will be changed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter