Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Thread - Take 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a reminder to the people that are going to take the bus from Downtown Disney. The Marketplace bus stop is closed until Feb. 24 for repaving, you have to take the bus at the Pleasure Island stop, near Planet Hollywood.

Danhockey04 said:
Oh geez no. That was Halloween. Also, my house looks like that store, have tons of hello kitty merch.

Ok cool! It wouldn't surprise me if you were though! Good luck! I showed my husband your pic and said that's what a real man runs in! Hahahaha

uccats97 said:
I've done something to my right foot :( It happened last Thursday morning completely out of nowhere while I was shopping at Target. It is lateral pain that feels like a soft tissue injury rather than a bone. No swelling, bruising or pain to the touch. Only pain when I walk on it. It feels better in the morning and after ice and Advil and rest. I'm stressing out. I haven't run my last 4 training days. I just started using a stationary bike to keep up with my cardio yesterday. It doesn't hurt to ride the bike at all which is a plus. I'm wondering how you think I will do on race day if I only use the bike between now and then. I don't want to push myself and end up unable to run on race day. I also don't want to be struggling to cross the finish line without running in 3 weeks. I have done two 11 mile runs in the last month so I think I am ready from that standpoint.

I think you will be fine if you rest and rely on your training. Keep icing and using the Alleve if that helps. The important thing is to have your foot in the best shape possible on race morning. I was in the same situation for the Tink and now again for the PHM. I was in good shape and did the Wine and Dine in November, but injured myself in early December.

I had hardly any miles and no long runs in the 6 weeks leading up to the Tink. I finished and try not to dwell on the fact that my pace was over a minute slower for the Tink as compared to the Wine and Dine. I am not sure why I was thinking my injury would be miraculously healed after the Tink and I could get some training in before the Princess..... But it hasn't happened. Still, I feel good about finishing the PHM and will just plan on pictures and such and not worry about time.....okay, I will pretend not to notice how much slower I am. I figure after the race I may have to get to the doctor and consider canceling the half I am planning to do in March.

BTW are you still in Cinci? Or an out of town B'cats fan? I live over by XU.

We moved our reservation over to Shades of Green - now I'm wondering if I will be able to walk over to the Poly and catch the monorail to EPCOT on race morning or is it running early enough for MK resort guests to utilize on race day?

I ordered my costume pieces earlier this week and all but 1 is already here. I'm doing my long run around the neighborhood this morning to test it out....people are going to think I've done lost my mind. :rotfl2:

We moved our reservation over to Shades of Green - now I'm wondering if I will be able to walk over to the Poly and catch the monorail to EPCOT on race morning or is it running early enough for MK resort guests to utilize on race day?

I ordered my costume pieces earlier this week and all but 1 is already here. I'm doing my long run around the neighborhood this morning to test it out....people are going to think I've done lost my mind. :rotfl2:

I read on one of my FB groups that there will be bus service from Shades Of Green this year, I THINK its in the program? Also, the monorail will be running starting at 3am and they are encouraging guests staying at monorail resorts to utilize that mode of transport. Check with the program, but this is what I heard.

I am still considering walking from Port Orleans to the start....yes I, know its not sanctioned by the race officials and there are no sidewalks, but honestly the walk cannot be any longer than the corral crowd. Of course the rule follower in me is scared they will say, go away you are not getting here properly, but people have done it before.

OH and JOAN, ROCK ON PERFECT PRINCESS! You are such an inspiration and so helpful here. I hope you really get treated special, cuz you deserve it!

I am still considering walking from Port Orleans to the start....yes I, know its not sanctioned by the race officials and there are no sidewalks, but honestly the walk cannot be any longer than the corral crowd. Of course the rule follower in me is scared they will say, go away you are not getting here properly, but people have done it before.

Julie, I feel exactly the same way--a little freaked about "breaking the rule" but possibly tempted enough to do it. Last year was my first princess and my first half and I figured I should check out the whole process. This year I'm not feeling the need to go from a dark parking lot through a cattle chute. I'm definitely a little nervous, but I'd be game with a buddy. I scoped it out last year, and it seemed completely do-able. I'm at POFQ. LMK if you're game!

Cate

:cool1: Two weeks from right now, my aching feet and back will be on a plane en route to my happy place! :cool1: And in all the excitement, I've only today realized that this is pretty much the last "free" weekend I have before then, as we plan to be in Austin next weekend to cheer for my cousin running her very first half. (secretly hoping she gets hooked so I can coax her and her sister to the Tink or PHM next year) And it's not even really "free" since we have some plans both days :scared1: I'm scrambling to make some lists of all the little things I need to run out and get for the trip and hopefully will be able to get it all done this weekend...otherwise I'll be doing lunch-hour errands all next week...I hate that though. AND, to top it all off, I also realized that not only do I have that Friday off to travel over to WDW, but we're also off for President's day on monday of the same week, so it'll be only a 3 day work week for me!!!! :woohoo:

Dan: LOVE the costume! It's awesome! I showed it to my BF and told him to look for you in C :)

The last piece to my race shirt came in last night, so I hope to get that on this weekend and be able to post a pic of what I'll be wearing...it's Belle-inspired. Also need to do BF's iron-ons for his shirt too. Never fear yall, "Agent Jose" of the "Princess Protection Agency" will make sure we all cross that finish line! I think it's gonna be super cute :thumbsup2

I read on one of my FB groups that there will be bus service from Shades Of Green this year, I THINK its in the program? Also, the monorail will be running starting at 3am and they are encouraging guests staying at monorail resorts to utilize that mode of transport. Check with the program, but this is what I heard.

It is in the program that there will be bus transportation from Shades of Green (woohoo!:thumbsup2).

Thanks... I'm getting so stressed out about the time. I'm planning on getting a bus at 3 from POR. If we have to be in the corrals at 4.30, I need to leave Race Retreat at 3.30. That doesn't make any sense :confused3 That will only give me 5 min at Race Retreat :confused3 What time does others with Race Retreat plan on leaving for the corrals???

Also wondering about what time to leave race retreat. The race retreat program on run Disney says we have to be in our corrals by 5:00...don't see anything about being in corrals by 4:30. I am somewhat amused that race retreat is only open to runners from 3-5:30 yet the race starts at 5:30 and you have to be in corrals way before that time. :confused:

Official program says there will be bus service from host resorts including shades of Green beginning at 3:00 with monorail open at 3:00 for contemp, poly & gran flor.

I know someone posted on here that they sent in a time and it doesn't appear to have been accounted for in their corral placement. The same thing happened to us. Our team placement wouldn't change (59 min vs 57 min 10K both give you a < 2:15 half), but my friend's certainly would (2:30 half vs 60 min 10K, which puts her in < 2:15 half). I don't think I ever got a confirmation email back from the submitted times as I have in the past, so our friend is just going to go to Runner Relations at the Expo to update her corral to match ours.

Hey you got company at least! I'm also in C. Just stick to the side And keep out of the faster runners way and you'll be ok!
:thumbsup2 My plan, exactly! Funny thing is, C is exactly where I should be... if I weren't petrified of ITBS pain striking. I think the hardest mental part of this race for me will be forcing myself to take long walk breaks for my knee, knowing that the rest of me doesn't need them.

I liked shopping expos to see and try things I don't normally see at any sporting goods store at home.
ITA - it's at he point now that I have little desire to shop the expo at all; I've pretty much seen all there is to see, since they keep putting the same vendors in. But I've yet to score a free banana from Chiquita, so there's that to look forward to... :rotfl:

Attached is my costume I'm wearing for the race. I am going to MK this weekend to get the braided Rapunzel wig for the costume.

381963_4316199314825_532887598_n.jpg
First - LOVE this! :thumbsup2
Second - you look soooo familiar, Dan... have you ever lived in the Tampa Bay area?

I've done something to my right foot :(
Ugh, I'm sorry! Have you tried taping it? I wonder if some added stability might help...

Last year I started walking to the corrals...and then stopped. Couldn't figure out what was going on, and then I realized everyone was getting stuck crossing lines of princesses waiting to pee! So if you're standing still on that walk to the corrals, GO AROUND. And if you have to pee, there are more porta potties (and some very handsome woods) at the corrals!
I keep reading about this form last year, but still have one question: which way should we go around - head left or right, as we're facing toward where we want to go?

To all the folks in the path of the snowstorm, stay safe and keep warm. Weather down here is averaging in the 70s to 80s.
:thumbsup2

OH and JOAN, ROCK ON PERFECT PRINCESS! You are such an inspiration and so helpful here. I hope you really get treated special, cuz you deserve it!

Thanks, that's so very sweet of you. I have to say the "rock on" made my DH and me laugh a bit. We are a bit older, but very young at heart.

If you decide to walk to start, try and find a friend or two and double check route.

Cripey Thanks for the reminder...I too will be on a plane to WDW in two weeks. WooHoo!
But now I am so wrapped this morning getting my run in, office work, and packing the van with furniture for DD's move. We have to take her furniture tomorrow and then loop around for the other DD's wedding shower on Sunday. And take care of florist details an the nice old lady sold her business and now 6 weeks out, it's like starting over. :scared1: A quick road trip around central NC this weekend.

I landed in coral A - I submitted a 10K time of 1:01:43, so I'm thinking that put me pretty close to the cut-off between A and B. My SIL, who is running with me, is in coral C...as far as I know she didn't submit a time just indicated a 2:45 when registering. Anyways, I will be moving back to run with her, which I am more comfortable with anyways. Like a few others, I think we will start towards the back of C so all the men who would normally be in a earlier coral don't have to weave around us.

Getting pretty excited - 2 weeks from today I will be in sunny Florida instead of the currently very snowy Ontario :cool1:

Oh man, this is so exciting!!! I landed myself in B, which is probably completely accurate if I'm being honest with myself. I haven't been on the forums in a while so I have completely fallen out of touch with who I was talking to here..... but I'll be there solo, and ladies, I would love to hang out with some of you guys! I am going to be up there dancing like a fool.

I am dressing up (in process of making my costume.) Now how it will turn out, I am not sure. But it will be unique. I have a plan....lol

Last year I went as Rapunzel themed, this year it will be Sleeping Beauty themed.

Last year:
9d34286e-bf1b-4607-a304-32710aaf7716_zpse3c25f33.jpg

Julie, I feel exactly the same way--a little freaked about "breaking the rule" but possibly tempted enough to do it. Last year was my first princess and my first half and I figured I should check out the whole process. This year I'm not feeling the need to go from a dark parking lot through a cattle chute. I'm definitely a little nervous, but I'd be game with a buddy. I scoped it out last year, and it seemed completely do-able. I'm at POFQ. LMK if you're game!

Cate

You two just be careful. Sometimes walking places in Disney without sidewalks in the dark is more dangerous than you might think. I once long ago decided at night "It's not that far" and then found myself thinking "This is one of the worst decisions I've ever made" How much would it suck to get hit by a car or step on a gator after all this training?

it's funny. two weeks before marathon weekend the boards were lighting up about the weather. everyone was freaking out about the temperature.

and here we are two weeks out from the princess and i haven't seen anyone thinking about it. instead, we're all thinking about our costumes! LOL! we princesses know what's important :)

i finally got a WISH shirt! yay! lisaH sent me one in the mail and i've been wearing it all day. i'm going to wear it to the race. i wasn't planning on doing a costume but now that i have the WISH shirt i feel ready!

....nevermind that i haven't run in a week. hey, i ran the marathon a month ago. i need to re-taper ;)

Mamacate, At the full marathon we did not have the congestion like princess did! Its the same walk to the corralls. No port-a-potties with line across the road! but plenty of them between the waiting area and the corrals. Just better placed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter