Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Thread - Take 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know of someone who plans to line up at 7:30am.

Why?

Just cuious what would be the point of being first in line. If I get there around 9:30ish, what will I have missed? Or will it be horrible crowded?

Getting there that early is mostly for people (like myself included) who want to at least have a chance at getting some of the limited edition RunDisney Items such as the New Balance running shoes or the Dooney and Bourke Bags, though I'm not sure if those will be available for purchase at the expo because they are doing a presale on them through Active.com this year it seems. I'm not sure I want to commit to a $200-$250 dollar purchase without seeing it in person first so that's why I'm going early. (Sorry for the tangent) A lot of people just like to get it done because I've heard it gets REALLY crowded towards the afternoons as well. This is my first Disney Race so I'm going based on all speculation and from what I've heard from RunDisney friends that have attended Princess before.

Wow, it took a while to get caught up! I'm 6960. Hoping for C but happy with D (or whatever!). As many have said, the party is in the back of the pack!

Having the waivers up helps me think about my 11 miles this weekend. We're supposed to get up to three FEET of snow, so I'm planning to take a half day off work to do my long run Friday. The snow will have started, but at least I won't have to tunnel through it! New England princesses, hunker down! :thumbsup2

Why?

Just cuious what would be the point of being first in line. If I get there around 9:30ish, what will I have missed? Or will it be horrible crowded?

For my part, I just want to get in and out as early as possible, so there's more park time that day. We're staying at CSR, so I figure I can walk over, get in line, pick up bibs et al, and do a quick peruse of the Expo booths while hubby is still sleeping. :)

Yes it is crowded, no it is not impossible to see them. No it is not reserved for any select group.

If you really want to be on Main Street (you cannot see us run through the castle, that part is blocked off to spectators) you need to get to MK early. I would head there around 3 or 3:30 (I may be way off on the time here but I am guessing) and go directly into the park. There are two spots that are going to give you the best view - the first is the bend in front of the hub at the front of the park. This is right where we enter the park and is a head-on view of the runners. Next spot (and most likely the hardest to get) is right at the end of Main Street right before we turn to go to Tomorrowland.
Be prepared for large crowds and a long wait before your runner but you will get to see all the other Princesses:).
GL!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Is it really that crowded on MS??? Are there anywhere on the course that platinum chear squad can go and get a better view? I thought they had an area in MK for them???:confused3

DisneyDanielle85 said:
Getting there that early is mostly for people (like myself included) who want to at least have a chance at getting some of the limited edition RunDisney Items such as the New Balance running shoes or the Dooney and Bourke Bags, though I'm not sure if those will be available for purchase at the expo because they are doing a presale on them through Active.com this year it seems. I'm not sure I want to commit to a $200-$250 dollar purchase without seeing it in person first so that's why I'm going early. (Sorry for the tangent) A lot of people just like to get it done because I've heard it gets REALLY crowded towards the afternoons as well. This is my first Disney Race so I'm going based on all speculation and from what I've heard from RunDisney friends that have attended Princess before.

FYI, at Tinker Bell people started to line up for shoe vouchers before 6am....we got there at 6:10 and were #24 and 25 in line already...they came out a little before 8am to pass out vouchers and by then the line was suuuuuuper long....I'm not 100% sure everyone in line was able to get one that day. If you have your heart set on the shoes you may want to get there a little earlier than 7:30. And they did have Dooney's for purchase aside from the pre sale so I would think the same would go for the Princess expo too! Good luck!

the_princess said:
Is it really that crowded on MS??? Are there anywhere on the course that platinum chear squad can go and get a better view? I thought they had an area in MK for them???:confused3

I'm curious, too, as to where the ChEar zone is in MK and if it has seating.

I'll have to ask my daughter, she had the chear last year, and was close to where we came out of the castle. I dont think there was seating, she was standing when i saw her. She did not have it when I ran the full this year, just got to mk really early, (she got to the ttc real early, the monorail was t even running to mk yet, she took it to contemporary and walked, got there before they even opened the gates to mk) and was right on Main Street. I found her easier on Main Street! Only warning, I am a slow runner/walker (13-14 min mile) so a lot of the crowds had already seen their runner and left by the time I went by! She did say the chear viewing at mk was not any better, and actually felt the finish line view was better from the general seating than from the chear zone!

the_princess said:

They do have an area for ChEAR Squad. I was under the assumption that the poster was not paying for a ChEAR package but was going on her own from the post.
I will admit I know nothing about the ChEAR packages as we have never used them.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

SeptemberGirl, where on the shore are you? I'm in Point Pleasant!

Colleen, are you beach or borough? My BFF is in the borough. Right by the HS - the tree streets. I am in Monmouth Cty! I will PM you. :)

I really need to just breathe and heed these points of your advice.....

I need to enjoy the race and not worry about the corral.

I need not overtrain.

I need to not get new shoes.

Wow, 7:30am is super early....we were there at 8:30-8:45 and we got in fine. What is it that this person wants?

Yes, please heed my advice - I cannot tell you the amount of stupid things I have done before these halfs and continue to do. If I wrote a blog, it would be called "How Not to Prepare for a Half". :rotfl2:

Really, relax, have fun, it will all be okay. Most of my regrets are when I couldn't get out of my head and enjoy the moment.

They did this for ME!! I was due into Orland at 9AM that day, My Team knew I really really really wanted the Dooney. But I got stuck in Chicago, so they all went to the expo to get me the bag.
I am so gratefull!! I did not get in until 6PM that night and they had not only my Disney PHM Dooney, but a beer and a shot waiting for me. :goodvibes

And we had fun doing it!!!

Gets bigger and more expensive every year...and sells out faster than the year before. I think it's gonna be pretty crowded. We were talking about it this AM. At some point it's just not gonna be fun anymore...I'm afraid it's gonna get so big that the whole course gets congested and lines for pics are just going to be too long for slower runners to be able to wait for...I know they are enjoying the $$ it's bringing in, but I hope it doesn't end up ruining the experience for the runners in the future.

It is getting crazy crowded. I really can't imagine what the course will look like this year - it has always been crowded, but these numbers are just wow.

FYI, at Tinker Bell people started to line up for shoe vouchers before 6am....we got there at 6:10 and were #24 and 25 in line already...they came out a little before 8am to pass out vouchers and by then the line was suuuuuuper long....I'm not 100% sure everyone in line was able to get one that day. If you have your heart set on the shoes you may want to get there a little earlier than 7:30. And they did have Dooney's for purchase aside from the pre sale so I would think the same would go for the Princess expo too! Good luck!

Thanks so much for the tip! I reeeeeeally want those shoes!

Thanks so much for the tip! I reeeeeeally want those shoes!

you're welcome...you might want to see if you can find a pair of the same style of New Balance in a sporting goods store and try them on for size so you know what you need for sure. When they passed out the vouchers, it was a voucher for a specific size...you had to tell them right then what size you wanted and when you came back to get the shoe (expo opened at 9am, vouchers would hold your shoe until 3pm) you could get only the size you had asked for on the voucher, and only one pair. My BF ended up not liking the way his fit, so had to let them go. At 3pm, whatever shoes had not been claimed were up for grabs for anyone to buy. We'll be in line again at PHM to try to get him the right size this time. There were reports at Tink that on Friday, the New Balance folks brought out shoes for everyone in line to actually try on to figure out what size they needed, but they definitely did not do this on saturday...so it's kind of a toss up what they will do at PHM...best to be prepared!

you're welcome...you might want to see if you can find a pair of the same style of New Balance in a sporting goods store and try them on for size so you know what you need for sure. When they passed out the vouchers, it was a voucher for a specific size...you had to tell them right then what size you wanted and when you came back to get the shoe (expo opened at 9am, vouchers would hold your shoe until 3pm) you could get only the size you had asked for on the voucher, and only one pair. My BF ended up not liking the way his fit, so had to let them go. At 3pm, whatever shoes had not been claimed were up for grabs for anyone to buy. We'll be in line again at PHM to try to get him the right size this time. There were reports at Tink that on Friday, the New Balance folks brought out shoes for everyone in line to actually try on to figure out what size they needed, but they definitely did not do this on saturday...so it's kind of a toss up what they will do at PHM...best to be prepared!

Holy crap! Silly me, thinking I'd be able to try 'em on for size. I don't typically wear New Balance, so I will DEFINITELY figure out my size beforehand, just in case. Many, many thanks! :goodvibes

I'm in need of experienced advice... again... please! :flower3:

My poor body is a mess: sore, tight muscles in my glutes, quads, calves, lower back, shoulders, you name it. I'm thinking a pre-race massage is in order. I'm assuming there's no point in getting one before my long run this Sat., right? Better to wait until after that? Then, how long should I get one before the Princess? A week, maybe?

I've only had one massage in my life and that was IT Band-specific, so I have NO idea what I'm doing, lol! TIA!

My poor body is a mess: sore, tight muscles in my glutes, quads, calves, lower back, shoulders, you name it. I'm thinking a pre-race massage is in order. I'm assuming there's no point in getting one before my long run this Sat., right? Better to wait until after that? Then, how long should I get one before the Princess? A week, maybe?

I've only had one massage in my life and that was IT Band-specific, so I have NO idea what I'm doing, lol! TIA!

I typically get one on Thursday evening before a Sunday race, because I'll still be running shorter miles that week...typically 3 on monday and wednesday, so I like to get the massage after I've finished the last training runs for race week. As far as getting one before or after your run this weekend...I don't know, kind of a toss up really...I think there's benefit either way, but I wouldn't get it the day immediately before your long run. All this reminds me I have an appointment to make!! Sorry you're feeling like a mess...we're on the home stretch though!!!

I've been having some weird issues too! I'm going to try putting the athletic tape under my left arch to see if that helps out during my run tonight!

I have been getting a connective tissue massage and I really believe that it's helped a lot. The woman is amazing and my movements feel so more natural and fluid after I get one. So I got one last week and we decided on one more the Tuesday before the PHM. She does the whole body because the connective tissues are all...well...connected, but she she concentrates on my legs. She does a lot of IT band work for me. It feels like when you use the foam roller - you can tell exactly where you need it! My physical therapist actually recommended a connective tissue massage and I'm glad he did!

Yep.. I believe this is the exact reason for her. For me it would be just to get everything done and out if the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter