• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Thread - Take 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orcagirl said:
For my part, I just want to get in and out as early as possible, so there's more park time that day. We're staying at CSR, so I figure I can walk over, get in line, pick up bibs et al, and do a quick peruse of the Expo booths while hubby is still sleeping. :)

Exactly!

FYI, at Tinker Bell people started to line up for shoe vouchers before 6am....we got there at 6:10 and were #24 and 25 in line already...they came out a little before 8am to pass out vouchers and by then the line was suuuuuuper long....I'm not 100% sure everyone in line was able to get one that day. If you have your heart set on the shoes you may want to get there a little earlier than 7:30. And they did have Dooney's for purchase aside from the pre sale so I would think the same would go for the Princess expo too! Good luck!

Whoa!! I guess I should plan to get up early on Friday then. Thank you for this info, I had no idea they gave out vouchers for the shoes.

I typically get one on Thursday evening before a Sunday race, because I'll still be running shorter miles that week...typically 3 on monday and wednesday, so I like to get the massage after I've finished the last training runs for race week. As far as getting one before or after your run this weekend...I don't know, kind of a toss up really...I think there's benefit either way, but I wouldn't get it the day immediately before your long run. All this reminds me I have an appointment to make!! Sorry you're feeling like a mess...we're on the home stretch though!!!
That helps a bunch - thank you! Yeah, day before my long run is the only time I could do it this week, and I was sure that was a bad idea.

I've been having some weird issues too! I'm going to try putting the athletic tape under my left arch to see if that helps out during my run tonight!
OH, I did that last week and it helped sooo much! I used KT Tape and followed its pattern for posterior shin splints (here) only because the tape pattern looked like the support I wanted. It helped my arch a bunch! :thumbsup2

She does the whole body because the connective tissues are all...well...connected, but she she concentrates on my legs.
This is it exactly - I've got a couple problem spots that are causing havoc all over the place. I just need everything to chill out, already!

I used to get a massage after my long runs - it helped a TON with recovery! Make sure you stash some cash on yourself for the massages post-race. Love those. :goodvibes

Any info on corral placements?

I emailed RD about them and got this response:
Corral assignments will be posted on the www.rundisney.com website under the Runner Info tab by the end of the week. So I'm assuming they will release them when they officially release waivers. Hopefully they will, to avoid the onslaught of calls lol.

I'm in need of experienced advice... again... please! :flower3:

My poor body is a mess: sore, tight muscles in my glutes, quads, calves, lower back, shoulders, you name it. I'm thinking a pre-race massage is in order. I'm assuming there's no point in getting one before my long run this Sat., right? Better to wait until after that? Then, how long should I get one before the Princess? A week, maybe?

I've only had one massage in my life and that was IT Band-specific, so I have NO idea what I'm doing, lol! TIA!
Agree with some of the other gals...would avoid the massage the day before the long run but would get one after to help "flush" out the system so to speak. Drink LOTS of water after the massage. I think massages have somewhat helped me avoid "leg" issues....now if the asthma would cooperate I just might do a 10 min mile. :rotfl2: ( dreaming....just dreaming !)

For the girls who got the Disney New Balance shoes, did you get your usual running size ? My Asics are 8's so I was thinking same size in New Balance ?

Been reading these posts for awhile, but since I am not running, haven't posted. My daughter and friends are running. I was really hoping to see them run through the castle or at least down Main street. But I see most are saying the TTC area is better. Is the area actually in the park too crowded? Will I not be able to see much if I plan on seeing there? Is that blocked off for the premium cheer package? I think they are starting in the middle to later corrals, if that helps your input. My daughters bib is 31448, she is running as a team.

Thanks! Even though I am not running, I am getting excited and nervous! I am doing the 5K on Saturday.

There are three reasons I suggest TTC/GF-Poly/Finish: 1. You get to see them three times. If you go to MK, you will only see them twice: at MK and the Finish. 2. There is so much going on in MK, I don't need my spectators for extra support. I am already overwhelmed and energized. So much I don't think I could focus on finding anyone if I tried! 3. There are already photographers to take pictures in front of the castle. Better pictures can be had in the other two places.

That said, if you want to see your daughter run through the castle and experience being in Main Street for that moment, go ahead and do it! It is crowded, but not so much so you won't find a spot. It's really a personal choice of more spots/motivation for the runner vs. main street magic. No real wrong answer.

As I said before, wear something they can easily spot! It is a mass of people running out of that castle, and they will be able to find you and shout your name. Otherwise, you may not spot them until they are going the other direction. ;)

For the girls who got the Disney New Balance shoes, did you get your usual running size ? My Asics are 8's so I was thinking same size in New Balance ?

It might depend on what you want them for. I don't intend to try to run in mine because it's a stability shoe...just wanted them to wear because they are so darn cute! I wear an 8.5 in my Asics for running and I knew from past experience that other New Balance styles have seemed to run a tad short on me, so I went for the 8.5 anyway and I feel like they fit great for walking, everyday kind if stuff. The style of the New Balance shoe is the 860v3 if you can find one to try on prior to the expo.

MRS AR said:
Just finished my costume. If I could figure how to post a pic I would. ;)

I use photobucket. Upload your picture and then click on the link for the image (there will be four options on the right of your picture). Paste that into DisBoards thread and preview to make sure it worked. As long as you have enough posts to post images you should be good to go:).

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thank you so much to the Princesses who answered my call to help my daughters and I get closer to raising $1000 for Shot@Life. Thanks to them, we're only $22 away from saving 50 kids lives...and that is a very good reason to run a race!! I'm sure we'll make it for those kids and make it across the finish line.

Thank you!

http://www.crowdrise.com/shotlife/fundraiser/cindylevin

I confess that every time that I see I have a new email, I think "OMG, I hope it's from RunDisney about the half!!"

I obviously keep being disappointed that it's not. :)

So I kno the expo is at CSR this year and I'm really trying to get there super duper early for the shoes, but parking for the expo won't be available til it starts (9, noooo!), and the site said to park at DD and catch the bus (which starts running at 830, nooooo!). I'm just gonna have to hop the freakin fence lol jk.
But I do feel outta luck.

So I kno the expo is at CSR this year and I'm really trying to get there super duper early for the shoes, but parking for the expo won't be available til it starts (9, noooo!), and the site said to park at DD and catch the bus (which starts running at 830, nooooo!). I'm just gonna have to hop the freakin fence lol jk.
But I do feel outta luck.

could you park at DD super early, call a cab to take you from there to CSR, and then you can just take the bus back to your car at DD when you are finished at the expo?

That could work. Ill have to call around and see what they'd charge us (the taxis). Hopefully it won't be too pricey. I'll have to bribe the driver with a bagel or something lol.

I was just thinking about this: if Blizzard Beach is closed for refurb until March 17 why don't the shuttle people from there instead than from DTD?
I know for a fact they are not doing anything to the parking lot area. People could even walk from there to Coronado, it's less than a mile.

Oh, I'm getting sooooo excited:woohoo:

I have few questions about the expo:

1) Do you think the New Balance shoes will be available on Saturday at the Expo? we don't arrive till Friday night, so Saturday morning is the earliest we can go. I hear in the past that the Dooney bags weren't even available by Saturday so I was wondering if it's a lost cause with the shoes, too.

2) If there's a chance the shoes are available, who's selling them? My DH & DILs gave me Disney gift cards for my birthday & Christmas for this trip and I was hoping I can use them to get the shoes, but is it Disney that's selling or New Balance (outside vendor)?

3) If we can't get to CSR directly and have to take bus from DD (or host resort), how can we be there so early (7:30am)? Do the bus from host resort start earlier than the ones from DD?

Thank you so much for being patient - those shoes just look so adorable!

Oh, I'm getting sooooo excited:woohoo:

I have few questions about the expo:

1) Do you think the New Balance shoes will be available on Saturday at the Expo? we don't arrive till Friday night, so Saturday morning is the earliest we can go. I hear in the past that the Dooney bags weren't even available by Saturday so I was wondering if it's a lost cause with the shoes, too.

2) If there's a chance the shoes are available, who's selling them? My DH & DILs gave me Disney gift cards for my birthday & Christmas for this trip and I was hoping I can use them to get the shoes, but is it Disney that's selling or New Balance (outside vendor)?

3) If we can't get to CSR directly and have to take bus from DD (or host resort), how can we be there so early (7:30am)? Do the bus from host resort start earlier than the ones from DD?

Thank you so much for being patient - those shoes just look so adorable!

Can't answer for sure but I know at Tink last month they had 150 pairs of shoes for each day. Once the 150 for the day was gone that was it but they had another 150 for the next day.

The shoes are sold by New Balance - not Disney. Sorry.

could you park at DD super early, call a cab to take you from there to CSR, and then you can just take the bus back to your car at DD when you are finished at the expo?

Ooo...this is a great idea! Thank you :) Now I just need to convince my friend to get there early with me;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter