Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Thread - Take 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
princessmeghan said:
I have my iron on from her! Im excited. I just need the shirt. It sounds like I just need a tech/dri fit shirt that's not 100% polyester. Im also scared to iron it on. No real reason. :)

Every time I make a Disney trip I can't help but order a few from her to make myself some shirts...they are too cute!

E-mails will be sent out with the link to look up and print your waiver. But there is also a "back door" link to track shack that is around, so that is what most are stalking so we can get them before runDisney sends out the e-mail. At least now they post on the runDisney site how the corrals break down by bib number. I guess they got sick of us all calling and e-mailing last year.

Have you thought about lipstain? I'm running as Ursula and plan to get some ruby red lipstain so that there will be no smears or smudges. Also, what mascara do you use? I'm looking for recommendations on waterproof versions! :confused3

Yay for 10! I just got my first 10 done yesterday, and MAN I hurt when it was over!

OMG, come ON already with the waivers!!! Someone over on FB said that RunDisney would be sending them out "next week", which would mean THIS week now, so hopefully they should show up on the website pretty soon!

Thank you for your dose of Reality, Tinkeramy! Ladies, use the corral placement to fine tune your training. If you are in the last corral, use it as motivation to bust your princess booty! Don't resign yourself, redesign yourself and get that medal!

Where do I get lipstain? As for mascara, I just use Mabelline Great Lash Waterproof...so long as I don't rub my eyes when I am sweating its fine.

I love what my friend said about Corrals......its nothing, don't worry about it. Just RUN YOUR RACE and do your best. As the Fairy Godmother told me last year when I was dressed as Mulan

"Go off and run, and do honor to us all!"

Oh and I think RunDisney can finally focus on us now that the Dumbo stuff is up and other races over...yay!

So excited - my sparkle skirt came in this week! I did my first long-ish run since my half (2 weeks ago) today to give it a test run. :) It went ok, but my knee is still a little twinge-y. Guess I'll be taking it easy for another week, because I am determined to be able to finish the Princess.

I would also like to know about lipstain. I usually just go with plain old chapstick, but for this race I'd like something a little more colorful, I think!

Just think, four weeks from now we'll all have our medals!

Where do I get lipstain? As for mascara, I just use Mabelline Great Lash Waterproof...so long as I don't rub my eyes when I am sweating its fine.

I love what my friend said about Corrals......its nothing, don't worry about it. Just RUN YOUR RACE and do your best. As the Fairy Godmother told me last year when I was dressed as Mulan

"Go off and run, and do honor to us all!"

Oh and I think RunDisney can finally focus on us now that the Dumbo stuff is up and other races over...yay!

Okay I have to ask how did you do the Mulan costume? I would love to do her one year. She's my favorite princess next to Merida. Did you get a summer kimono or something?

Can we talk sunglasses??? I read on facebook, that you HAVE to wear sunglasses for the race, or it will be awful when the sun rises? I don't really have room any were to put them so I'm hoping this isn't true? Can a cap maybe do it?
I'm planning on finishing in 2,30, so will I need sunglasses then???

the_princess said:
Can we talk sunglasses??? I read on facebook, that you HAVE to wear sunglasses for the race, or it will be awful when the sun rises? I don't really have room any were to put them so I'm hoping this isn't true? Can a cap maybe do it?

The sun rises at 6:36 am that day, so you may want something to protect your eyes. I have a small pair if sunglasses I use for running that fit in my spibelt.

I end up wearing my sunglasses on top of my head or tuck them in the sports bra if I don't have pocket room. (I'm thinking I won't have room this year as I am wearing a sparkle light skirt.) I wear a smallish tiara for the race tucked under a bun on top of my head so there's room for sunglasses up there too LOL.

My sunglasses came with a fabric lens cleaning bag and I loop the string on that through my belt. You can get those bags at the places where you buy sunglasses if you don't have one.

Bookwood said:
I end up wearing my sunglasses on top of my head or tuck them in the sports bra if I don't have pocket room. (I'm thinking I won't have room this year as I am wearing a sparkle light skirt.) I wear a smallish tiara for the race tucked under a bun on top of my head so there's room for sunglasses up there too LOL.

Same here. I wore my runglasses as I call them lol, on my head. 2012 Princess turned out to be overcast so I actually never took them off my head! They did not bother me at all. Sometimes i hook them in my tank top/bust area.

Well, I think I made the all-important, life changing decision to....wear the tutu (instead of Team Sparkle skirt) for PHM :thumbsup2 I ended up going with Team Sparkle for Tinker Bell, but I finally tried my PHM tutu on with the hydration belt and it actually helps to hold it where I want it with the belt, so I'm liking it alot more...and it's just way to cute not to wear! I'll probably secure it with a safety pin or two after my final pre-corral potty run just to make sure it doesn't shift. Waiting to see if I'll be able to add one final thing to my shirt, but I'll make sure to post some pics before race day so if anyone recognizes me on the course (or to the side of the course, wincing in pain :)) you can say hello!

BF got some new running shoes on saturday and now I have the itch for some. I have 2 pair that aren't anywhere near needing to be replaced yet though. I did talk with the guy at the store about a few, and he suggested when I'm ready for new ones that I give the Brooks Ghost and/or Glycerine a try...he said he thinks those two are pretty superior in the neutral/cushioning department. Anyone wear either of those and have an opinion on their cushioning in particular? I'm also still holding out hope that Asics is paying attention and will tweak the Cumulus BACK to the way they were before this new version came out...based on tons of reviews I've read online, I'm not the only one that noticed the changes and didn't like them.

My PF has flared back up with a vengence...this time in both feet :worried: I'm hoping I can get it back under control with stretches and naproxen before race day so I can enjoy the park days post-race. Flu-girl is back at work today...hopefully she's over it, but she's telling us that her husband has it now, so that's great...she's still bringing in the germs!! Her desk is right in between mine and BF's so we're both under seige :scared1:

the_princess said:

I wore sunglasses on my 1st 1/2 marathon in January and it kept my contact lenses from drying out.

I'm definitely wearing them again for the PHM.

BF got some new running shoes on saturday and now I have the itch for some. I have 2 pair that aren't anywhere near needing to be replaced yet though. I did talk with the guy at the store about a few, and he suggested when I'm ready for new ones that I give the Brooks Ghost and/or Glycerine a try...he said he thinks those two are pretty superior in the neutral/cushioning department. Anyone wear either of those and have an opinion on their cushioning in particular? I'm also still holding out hope that Asics is paying attention and will tweak the Cumulus BACK to the way they were before this new version came out...based on tons of reviews I've read online, I'm not the only one that noticed the changes and didn't like them.

I have both Ghost and Glycerine. Although both are great shoes, I prefer my Ghosts for longer runs. The Glycerines are okay for shorter runs, but my feet get tired in them sooner. I really don't know why...

Well, I think I made the all-important, life changing decision to....wear the tutu (instead of Team Sparkle skirt) for PHM :thumbsup2 I ended up going with Team Sparkle for Tinker Bell, but I finally tried my PHM tutu on with the hydration belt and it actually helps to hold it where I want it with the belt, so I'm liking it alot more...and it's just way to cute not to wear! I'll probably secure it with a safety pin or two after my final pre-corral potty run just to make sure it doesn't shift. Waiting to see if I'll be able to add one final thing to my shirt, but I'll make sure to post some pics before race day so if anyone recognizes me on the course (or to the side of the course, wincing in pain :)) you can say hello!

My PF has flared back up with a vengence...this time in both feet :worried: I'm hoping I can get it back under control with stretches and naproxen before race day so I can enjoy the park days post-race. Flu-girl is back at work today...hopefully she's over it, but she's telling us that her husband has it now, so that's great...she's still bringing in the germs!! Her desk is right in between mine and BF's so we're both under seige :scared1:

So glad you chose the tutu. I was worried about mine moving everywhere, but put it on with the amphipod, and it works great!

I wear Glycerins, but am thinking about changing them out. I really like them because there's a lot of room in the toe box -- but there may actually be too much room. I think this is what is causing my blisters.

I'm sure I'll be behind you in the corrals, so if I see you on the side of the road, I'll strap you to my back and drag you along. Texas girls must stick together!:rotfl:

Ok ladies, final weeks, time to finish up the hard short runs and long runs.

My costume idea is coming along. Last summer when I started thinking about it and how to put it together seemed rather simple. Now, I have many hours of hand sewing on sequins and making my hat. Plus I need to finish the skirt. I am working on a Fantasy Princess Minnie outfit. I think I have more hours of sewing than running and DD wedding invitations need to be in the mail Friday. :eek: So time should fly for me and I'll be at WDW before I know it.

I have both Ghost and Glycerine. Although both are great shoes, I prefer my Ghosts for longer runs. The Glycerines are okay for shorter runs, but my feet get tired in them sooner. I really don't know why...

thanks for the input...that seems consistent with what little I was able read about them over the weekend. I think they said the Gylcerine has a more solid mid and fore foot with a cushioned heel and the Ghost was more all-over cushion. I just end up comparing everything to the former Cumulus. I swear it was like that shoe was custom made for me...it was so perfect! I don't think I'll ever get over it :lmao:

Thank you! I just wanted to thank everyone on this board for all the kind wishes, thoughts and advice. I'm not much of a technology chic, but if it weren't for the DIS, I never would have "met" all the kind folks here. I have learned that when life hands us lemons, we must make lemonade! We will do this! We will run , walk, jog or even crawl(lol). I look forward to meeting as many of you that I can. I may run angry, but I will run!
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Cindy and all - the support here on the DIS is beyond compare. I'm so happy and proud to be a part of this amazing community! :grouphug:

Brooks Ghost and/or Glycerine a try...he said he thinks those two are pretty superior in the neutral/cushioning department. Anyone wear either of those and have an opinion on their cushioning in particular?
I just got the Ghost 5's and love them! I've been running the Pure Flows, but really felt like I needed more shock absorption on my long runs... the Ghosts are exactly that. I still have lots of room in the toe box, the heel is still nice and snuggly and they really don't feel like they have a massive heel-to-toe drop, but my joints were all soooo much happier after a long run in them. They remind me a lot of my old Nimbus 11s. Definitely worth a try! (ETA: BTW, I put in 10.5 miles in the Ghosts on Sat. after walking in them for a leisurely 1 mile and a 2.25 short run - no blisters, no rubbing, no nothing! I almost don't want to keep running any more training runs in them before Princess because they're PERFECT right now!)

ETA: I've also got a pair of Hoka OneOne Bondi B's on their way. Too many reports of them ending joint pain and muscle fatigue to ignore, so I'm giving the ugly shoes a try, lol!

Okay, lots to report this week!

First, I put in 10.5 miles on Saturday - my longest run since the TOT 10-Miler in Sept! :yay: I opted to turn off my pace and distance alerts on iSmoothRun and only had it tell me time every 15 minutes. My goal was simply to go as long as I could at whatever pace felt good, tuning in to how my body felt rather than what the machine said...it was GREAT! Wound up faster and going farther than I thought (I did check it at what I thought might be about 5 miles - it was actually 6.6!) and it was a really good exercise in perception. I may leave it like that from now on. :thumbsup2

BUT... I did wind up with some pretty fierce ITBS pain in my knee for the last couple miles. :headache: It was still a little sore yesterday, so there was definitely inflammation, though it seems to be down today. Can any of my fellow ITBS sufferers confirm that this is just how it goes - some temporary setbacks - and that it doesn't spell complete doom?!

Back to good news, my race skirt arrived from Team Sparkle, as did my One More Mile shirt, so I finally have a race-day outfit put together! Have't gotten around to ironing on the tiara to my hat, but here it all is (cat not included on race day):

533702_10200195360554109_1473443220_n.jpg

If it's actually warm enough for short sleeves, I have an old pair of black knee high socks I'll re-purpose as arm warmers and skip the long sleeve tee underneath.

I, too, am stalking the Track Shack page for waivers, lol!

I've decided to skip the 10K I had planned for this coming weekend and take my chances on corral placement. I know I'll need to walk quite a bit at the beginning to baby my knee and I have no interest in feeling like I'm in a stampede. I figure the only reason I could be swept would be due to injury, in which case I'd need to DNF anyway, so I'm just gonna roll with what comes and enjoy the journey. :goodvibes

thanks for the info on mascara! That's my top choice, but it never hurts to ask for recommendations!

So excited - my sparkle skirt came in this week! I did my first long-ish run since my half (2 weeks ago) today to give it a test run. :) It went ok, but my knee is still a little twinge-y. Guess I'll be taking it easy for another week, because I am determined to be able to finish the Princess.

I would also like to know about lipstain. I usually just go with plain old chapstick, but for this race I'd like something a little more colorful, I think!
Yay for SparkleSkirts! I have two and love them to bits! Hope your knee stops with the pain so you can finish strong!

Okay, lipstain is really pretty much what it sounds like. It comes in a package that looks like a fine-tip marker that you "color" onto your lips. I have never purchased any, but after playing with some at stores, I am going to to with NYC Color in Smooch Proof (Red lips). I can get it at Wal-Mart for about 4 bucks. Here is a link to it at Amazon and a photo:
21rsFXDxQAL.jpg

There are lots of other brands too (Cover Girl Outlast Lipstain, Revlon Just Bitten, etc)

Also, I plan on layering chapstick over it (I'm a mouth-breater and my lips get DRY!), but will try to reapply near the end, or at the very least before my Finisher Photo :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter